Hunting Lucky Dog, Top Dawg, Prolific Coast Seeds, Freeborn Selections, CSI

Aren’t plans and ideas the same lol

nahhhhh… :joy: it goes like this; idea for a plan, planning the plan, having the plan, execute the plan

still don’t have a plan, but the lime 1 x jaro males are big and tall, maybe i keep the biggest one and collect it’s pollen, and maybe pick one nice male of every other strain?

2 Likes

Gonna keep my eye on that Sour Diesel…

I recently chopped my Guerilla Fume for the last harvest, ran it better than a year. Iv got his Dog Patch I think I’ll be popping next. It’s still a favorite with friends, but time for something different.

Best of luck with this run, some nice stuff you have going.

3 Likes

I used to do all the stages you listed. Than I heard lots of laughter in the heavens :joy::joy::joy::joy:. Now I just get an idea and follow how it plays out.

1 Like

oh man, i’m in the o.c. and trek up to los angeles fairly often. but i’m not setup to grow squat the moment. otherwise i would consider taking them off your hands.

3 Likes

alright i found more males and females today, took the males out the flower room, me and my wife went thru all of 'em, stem rubbed the big vigorous ones and brought a few back to the house, killed the no smell and smaller ones, so we kinda selected males! i got one of each lime 1 jaro, cold cookies, sour diesel, guerilla fume and i-80, all had some smell and was the biggest or second biggest one, that’s some selection right there!

my newly luxx led clone lights on top and reveg station at the bottom with females on 24/0 under a proper light, i’m waiting on a bunch of runts and seeds that were planted later to show sex, until then the females can chill and veg all they want, then it’s cloning time

this is the males we went thru

already found 6 guerilla fume males outta 13 (killed 5 kept 1)

25 Likes

Stellar!! Looking good. Glad ya kept one of each.

2 Likes

My mind is already spinning with the possibilities!!!

4 Likes

hooked this high tech grow system that my dawgs can’t get up to, smells great! all of those were selected for smell

26 Likes

day 24, i have 7 plants left that are not sexed, all of 'em were replanted seeds where the original didn’t pop, so a week later… total so far 37 females, this is all of them, the ones on top are under clone light because i transplanted them from useless fabric pot to common sense plastic pot

let me explain what the clones are, i had 2 moms in there from last year’s pheno hunt and i found tons of bulb mites in the soil (again) i have a pesticide that’s supposed to nuke them real good but i don’t like using that shit so i took clones and quarantined the moms, i put 'em outside, might try using the pesticide on them outside just to see if it works (havn’t looked into it barely read the label right now)

this is a guerilla fume female that i dropped a fan on (do you see the “webs” on the soil, what is that?)

12 Likes

and this is a clone of one of the moms that had bulb mites (took it about 2 weeks ago as a test) and i planted it straight in soil, with a cut-out-bottom gallon jug for humidity and some cover crop, easiest clone i ever took! found this keeper in a pack of bodhi’s old soul

this is the first time i ran the clone, the best way to describe this plant is SOLVENT

25 Likes

Haha why do you hate fabric pots so much? Nice work on that clone bud :ok_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

1galon ones… they dry out so quick and seem to always stand up crooked haha

6 Likes

That’s the good stuff!

“Mycelium serves an important function in the decomposition of organic matter in the soil. Some research has demonstrated that it acts as a filter, removing ground water contaminants and pollutants . Having mycelium in the soil is a sign of a good, healthy soil and nothing to be concerned about” - Google

Nice work in here. Excited for you and the possibilities. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

How do you sex your plants so early? Before even 20 days on some? Loupe/microscope on internodes or do you give them a couple days of 12/12 then back to regular veg schedule?

5 Likes

i kept my room warm and humid and lights blasting, like 90f and 60% rh, plants grow hella fast, i see a lot of people growing seedlings under less than full power light, not me… i flipped to 12/12 5 days after germination, at 20 days i found mostly males, day 24 all of 'em were sexed, i look for a single female hair in the top, males i wait till i see a few balls

once sexed (this time) back to 24/0 and waiting to get cloned, so far my plan is working pretty good! faster than expected too

11 Likes

i figured! love growing in soil, the dirtier, stinkier the better, everytime i see something weird it’s usually something good, i’ve been listening to my brother too much whossa hydro laboratory type guy

so i put some of this on the one mom that’s infested with bulb mites in the soil, it’s been outside for 2 days, the mites are still fully there, this is fungi that’s supposed to infect the bugs and use the bugs as food, killing them. pretty metal

i had a huge bulb mites (bad mites) infestation in the grow before last, it’s a mite that lives in the soil and eats organic fertilizer and roots from what i understand, i threw all that soil away it was on it’s 4th cycle or something, last grow i think predators prevented it, but i didn’t put predators in my moms and they quickly got infested, but i’m thinking this would kill predators. so i ordered predators, this is a separate test kinda thing and i really want to save this mom, it’s a real good OG i took some lame little clones i’m not counting on, so i’m reviving the mom outdoors right now it’s nice warm and sunny in LA

7 Likes

Question for you because I’m in interested in your process of sexing your plants.

After you determine sex and flip the lights back to 24hrs, how long does it take to get them in a vegetative state?

5 Likes

So far, they kinda halfway kept flowering, the pistils didn’t die or brown out or nothing, but not many new ones grew, so i’ll let you know but they are not fully reversed to full veg yet after 5 day (i’ll go see 'em later today) but yeah i’m also curious, sometimes revegging plants can take long as hell, i’ve done it way too many times

also i’ve cloned flowering plant way too many times, i’d like to wait till they are fully vegging this time

8 Likes

Ok cool, I’ll check back in. I’m interested how many weeks it would add to the entire process and if it’s worth it.

3 Likes