Hurricane Ian

@Habitt
We are gonna ride it out at home. We are prepared as best we can be.

7 Likes

Bad picture but you can see where the water should be

9 Likes

It’s all in naples. Condo I do work for, the lobby is underwater.

3 Likes

125 M winds ( in parts ) is being reported, is that right? And this is to go into the night?
Majority of Desoto,Charlotte,Lee,Hardee, Sarasta are with out power… Orlando , Tampa, For Myers no power.

4 Likes

Maybe 125 now. It was 155 all day today. Storm surge in areas of 18’.

2 Likes

Stay safe everyone!

3 Likes

Hope you guys stay safe, and things don’t get too bad. :crossed_fingers: :pray:

1 Like

My mother and her husband are up in their attic for the night. Water raised to door knob height. North Fort Myers near the Calusahatchee. The worst is past though.

We should be getting our worst in the next hour or so. Not too worried about it here. No flooding yet. Just worried about trees falling on the cars.

8 Likes

f**k that sucks, man I don’t miss FL stay safe :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Still have another hour or so of heavy rain before it calms down. In polk county still have power but the internet is not. Branches down on cars in my apartment parking lot. Minor flooding in my apartment due to a leaky sliding glass door.

5 Likes

That sucks, shit.

1 Like

Wonder why I don’t read news?

CRAPPY reporting

This article:
Hundreds feared dead, sheriff says; 2.5M without power as Tropical Storm Ian continues to wallop Florida: Live updates (msn.com)

“While I don’t have confirmed numbers, I definitely know the fatalities are in the hundreds,” Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said

Then bottom of the paragraph

No injuries or deaths have been reported in Florida.

OK. BIG difference between “Hundreds” and “NONE”

I am sure its not a pretty sight, that surge looked pretty nasty, and most are low elevation communities :frowning: But seriously, can we just STOP the sensational “HUNDREDS die in Florida in Hurricane Ian” BS? Do they need to sensationalize this news, isn’t it ALREADY getting a ton of attention?

Hope all you guys and gals in Florida, and possibly SC (as the storm tracks north, thats next landfall), fared / fare well. This looks like a doozy…

6 Likes

Why would anyone in the right mind ever watch or read the news? Run by scum and funded by scum

2 Likes

Wishing the very best for all down there. I just got notice all of our folks either got out, or rode it out and all are well. Again, wish the best for all down there!! I hope power and utilities get sorted fast!!

6 Likes

Some of us dont get out much lately and I can’t live in a total bubble… :frowning: Working on changing that, and oddly enough, Homestead, FL is where I’ve been eyeing. :roll_eyes:

edit:

And last week I did browse sarasota / tampa / sanibel areas. UGH. Ian took those right off the list.

3 Likes

If you get down this way look me up! Only 15 min or so from homestead/fla city.

Prices in those areas may have just bottomed out!

3 Likes

Ian bopped the power out and I’m worried about the seed library in the fridge. I don’t think power will be turned on quick enough for them to just ride it out in the fridge, but I don’t want to hastefully take them out either.

At what point would you take your seeds out of a fridge that lost power vs leaving them waiting for power to be restored? I’m worried that taking them out too soon will have them condense unnecessarily, but in the same breath I’m worried that leaving them in the fridge too long before power is turned back on they will get all warm and humid. Feeling unsure what to do or what the best thing to do would be. What would you do? Much love

3 Likes

Put them in the freezer

2 Likes

Just got off the phone with my mom. Her and her husband are alright. Lost every last thing they own. Even lost the chainsaws, so they can’t even start cleaning up. Got some friends headed to pick them up and get em fed and the wife and I are leaving soon to go help. Couldn’t get through to the emergency services down there. It’s a total mess.

4 Likes

If you don’t open the fridge you will be good for at least 12hrs. Don’t open fridge though!

1 Like