Hurricane Ian

Made it through the storm. Had minor flooding and downed branches. Never lost power, just internet.

7 Likes

We lost power around 7:15pm last night. Saw and heard a ton of transformers blow. One blew about 5 times late last night and when we looked I thought the guy on the corners house was on fire. It wasn’t, was just the lines down. We made it through with just some debris in the yard and some baby palms that look bad. We pray for those that are not so lucky today. And now the sun looks like it wants to shine, good luck in all your clean ups. Florida strong.
Oh, still with out power.

7 Likes

Over near east coast by Space Center, made it thru the night for first time without losing power. Have a few flowering with 2-3 weeks to go. Then today 2:24pm I hear a transformer go and no power. Hopefully it will be repaired in a couple days.

5 Likes

One of the reasons we lost power. We are super lucky because the power just turned on.

8 Likes

That’s good to hear.

2 Likes

https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/ian/index.html#9/26.4200/-81.9700
Satellite images of all the damages.

2 Likes

Got our power back after 25 hours, the girls had a long night, but everything seems fine. Very thankful

4 Likes

O-town avoided major hit, all good here, several family members from west coast Sarasota area staying with us for awhile. It’s mess everywhere, haven’t seen it this bad since 2004.

2 Likes

@Nagel420 the total dead will be in the hundreds.

:broken_heart: can’t click like to that one.

1 Like

Only 24 have been confirmed in Florida.

3 Likes

That’s not true. Yesterday was up to 35.Hurricane Ian’s Florida Death Toll Tops 100

2 Likes

I saw 52 here:

Dozens of deaths reported after Hurricane Ian slams into Florida, 4 dead in North Carolina - ABC News (go.com)

My point and complaint was the un-necessary sensationalism. HUNDREDS DEAD!!! Its click bait at best because even at this time, the total is 52. Report the facts, not the hype! I know its not good but hyping it even more doesnt help…

3 Likes

Some say 52, others say 27, 33, 34. Pick a number all depends on the outlet you are reading.

3 Likes

Just not HUNDREDS!

2 Likes

Here’s the thing, most victims drowned, the true total will be more than anyone want’s to see. It will take weeks to verify how many died and how, it is the worst hurricane damage I’ve ever seen in Florida. There is no good news to be reported.

2 Likes

Dont mistake me, I am not downplaying the severity of the storm. Just the accuracy of the reporting. “52 Confirmed Dead” is far less sensational than “HUNDREDS DEAD!” News is just becoming shit, and NOT all news is supposed to sell advertising time / views.

2 Likes

I get it, sensationalism and hype rule the news. I’m not against anything you said, your a great OG and a good person… so I decided to do what I can to make myself feel better.

This donation makes everyone who responded to this conversation responsible for suppling 2,000 meals for those directly affected by hurricane Ian. Thank you for the inspiration @Prince

Life is short, give it purpose.

13 Likes

A noble gesture sir…

5 Likes

That’s awesome @Heliosphear
Thank you

4 Likes