Hurricane Milton

st pete had at least one full 5-inch-an-hour rain last night. an inch an hour is pretty firm precipitation. heard some areas will flirt with 20 inch (or better!) totals

also heard it was the most tornado warnings issued anywhere in the country (one day) since Joplin.

and they were just bonus items. I guess disasterception wasn’t something I thought about before yesterday. hope it’s another 13+ years before it happens again…

11 Likes

Was this you @Cannabis

6 Likes

He’s got a good lighter :smile:

8 Likes

Been watchin news an stuff. WOW have been searching for words, can find none.

4 Likes

Not me, but I recognize a fellow Rider lol. He must be using a torch lighter to get that lit, and he got a good hit. I havent dabbed in the storms, but smoked a few fat honkers before. I quit doing those things though, because usually it gets wet and useless…
Riders of the Storm…

Lol I dont think I have seen that. Will check out.
Dont get me wrong, I do have my limits. 100 mph is the most I purposely go out in. Anything much above that and it gets hard to move around and you get pushed back or blown over. Plus branches and limbs start snapping and it can get real dangerous. The fun times are about a cat 1 hurricane, or a tropical storm…

2 Likes

Positive thoughts going out to all you folks in Florida. Do everything you can to stay safe and remember, safety above property always. Stuff can be replaced, you can not. :v:

12 Likes

@Prince. How are you?

5 Likes

@boatbum325 @Carty @darkillusion @PatHealy

You ok over there Buddy

11 Likes

Im good here, power is still out. No damages to report here. Just broken tree branches and the humm of generators.

20 Likes

We are good. We made it without a tree falling on us. Both sides of us had huge trees fall. A lot of damage in my area. We are all out helping each other get tree branches and debris out of the road. We are out power and don’t expect it to be on with in a few days to a week (expected). If it comes on before that, even better. It could have been worse for my family and us but we all came out alive and some with damage. We pray for the ones that aren’t so fortunate.
Stay strong my peeps.
PS
Thanks for all the prayers.
That’s OG !

29 Likes

Nothing to report up here on the " Redneck Riveria " . Folks further south got slammed pretty good . Storm surge is no joke . Consider a cubic meter of seawater weighs 1 metric ton . Very few structures built to withstand that kind of force .

11 Likes

16 Likes

15 Likes

16 Likes

My girlfriend was right at the perimeter of Milton, last minute it moved farther north and her town was spared from the brunt of it. It was scary seeing how many tornados were spawning in

9 Likes

Anyone whos been/being effectived by hurricane Helene &/or Milton, know that we are praying for your safety!

Gods speed, stay safe & HELP ALL HUMANS EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!

11 Likes

Just got my power back on. Have lots of trees and plants to deal with tomorrow. I have a passion flower vine that goes on four panels of metal trellis and two ten foot poles, that sucker came down. Tomorrow I’ll just trim the vines down, toss it all, and restart them on some poles that I put in the ground with concrete. More than I was expecting for where I’m out, but place is a damn wind tunnel on normal days. I hate the sound of gas generators. If it was off for the night, my neighbors might’ve had their generators put out of service. I’m guessing being in the solar panel and battery pack business won’t be bad for the next 6-12 months.

19 Likes

Hopefully all of the people in the path are safe without too much serious damage. Best of luck to all!!

I hope @Prince and everyone over there gets power back ASAP. No power gets really old after a day or so. Fingers crossed Florida doesn’t pull some BS and spring a heatwave out of nowhere on everyone too. Seems the way it has been going lately for many here.

14 Likes

Dumbass people. I’m in the woods on the St John’s and we have this area with some houses that always collects water and floods when it rains heavy. Well, it’s flooding now and the tide is rising, so it keeps getting higher. Idiots keep driving through to rubberkneck and cause the water to go further into the homes. Cops, we have two cops total for our town, had to make a checkpoint and start checking IDs. Morons!!!

Edit: Glad I thought to restart my modem/router deal. I’d been sitting here just thinking the internet was still out and barely getting by on LTE. Restarted it and instantly I have internet. Haha. Happy I didn’t miss work tomorrow and whatnot because of being an idiot.

12 Likes