Hurricane Milton

That is the best relief when the fans start spinning.

For those who are still in the dark there is a site to check progress of power restoration.

Hang on they’re working 24/7. Soon come.
Good to see you still standing @Prince

10 Likes

Something to keep in mind is as bad as FL got it , NC is much worse . For those curious souls look up as to who’s logging flight hours & who’s buying / paying for aviation fuel . 1st guess it aint Uncle Sam . Active duty folks are taking leave so that they can help w/ search & rescue .

7 Likes

My power came back on about 2 hours ago.

14 Likes

Hope everyone is well, with minimal damage.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Still no power this morning but it can’t stop the coffee from flowing.
Morning OG.

24 Likes

Glad to see everyone safe here. Hoping power is soon restored for those still affected. I’m a bit physically and mentally exhausted from it all, still some cleanup to do.

Glad to see others have made it safely through the brunt of the storm and remember to be safe out there if you’re cleaning up debris and such. It’s all wet and slippery, branches and limbs are heavy and can move and shift when being sawed down into more manageable size pieces.

Seeds in the fridge got up to approximately 67 degrees F and 85% relative humidity.

I’m a believer that the low pressure moving over heals the physical form to some degree. Woke up feeling amazing the day after the storm. Surf was amazing at the local beaches for a short while with the sizeable waves and favorable winds as the storm moved off the coast. It’s nice to see the trees having their canopies cleaned up, so much branch twig and leaf litter on the ground everywhere. There’s always so much contrasting beauty when these storms roll through. It really puts so much into perspective. Many blessings and much love

10 Likes

Few more pics.
Poor people, there was a house there a few days ago.

7 Likes

4 Likes

View for tonight’s smoke session.

12 Likes

Awe snap !
Waffle House is open. We are on the up and up people. They never close so when they do
It’s serious. Moving on up.

14 Likes

If your using a generator right now, then you probably are aware of how expensive it is to run them as far as gas costs. You can save some money if you run the generator a certain way(in cycles), instead of it running almost 24 hours.The biggest thing on using them during this time is keeping your fridge running to keep the food from spoiling. Fridges are designed to cycle off when they have cooled sufficiently, so you can use this to your advantage. If you make sure to recharge your phone and other devices while the generator is running, then shut down the generator when the fridge cycles off, you can save a decent amount of money, and your food won’t spoil. Leave the generator off for 4 hours after the fridge cycles off, and longer if most everything you are trying to save is frozen. If its day time, open your blinds and use natural lighting. The generator does not need to run 24 hours a day. Once the fridge is sufficiently cooled, nothing else(unless you have a necessary medical device) really needs to be on. The fridge can be kept cool if you dont go in and out. Just following the cycle of the fridge and shut down the generator accordingly will save you quite a bit of money, instead of most who run it for almost 24 hours. Just a tip to help save some money during this time.
Edit: one thing to note is dont follow this if your fridge had been off for more than a day and you just got the generator. Let it run the first time for at least 8 hours to bring the fridge back to its proper temps, as fridges cycle on and off for more than temp reasons.

14 Likes

Wish I had a generator right now.
People are looking for gas. The lines :exploding_head:.
The police are guarding the gas stations and the tanker trucks.

6 Likes

I hear you. Been there done that many times before. Sat in 90F/32C+ at 12 midnight with zero airflow…waking up sweating every 3 hours or so. Hopefully you get power back soon, and gas. Gas should be around soon, as my local stations were out, but were replenished yesterday.
One positive thing now at least its cooler with the cold front that came in around the same time. Its not nearly as hot as other hurricanes in the past…

8 Likes

I was reading about the Waffle House Meter thing yesterday where people judged severity of storms based on how many Waffle Houses were closed on some website for the meter but then I also read that Waffle House started closing them earlier instead of trying to stay open as long as possible because they realized people were doing that and didn’t want to be a reason people didn’t take storms seriously just because they were open.

7 Likes

IMG_1406

7 Likes

Our refugees left for St. Pete about 45 minutes ago. Duke Energy sent them a text notifying them the power was back on at their house.

5 Likes

glad folks here are alright.
Never experienced a hurricane or tornado although we actually had a tornado warning here for the first time in decades this year.
I’ve experienced danger close forest fires though , I’d probably prefer wind and water over that LOL

Have we heard from any NC members/growers?
The damage I’m seeing online is truly Biblical.
stay safe everyone… and rescue all the pets and people that you can

6 Likes

We are still here waiting for the power to click back on. We have seen so many crews out it’s just amazing. We saw a crew from Georgia electric in the neighborhood this morning. Crossing our fingers it’s our day today.
The weather has just been awesome. Not hot at all. That’s the bright side. :blush:

10 Likes

Saw that Highland street sign and wasn’t sure if it was Largo/Clearwater or Seminole Heights. Haha.

2 Likes