I Dream of Breeding

@District_Flora any updates on your wonderful cross?

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

Just sprayed them down again with Botanigard 22WP and will wait 24hrs to take the clippings, then I will spray them down with this IPM product called “Garlic Barrier” that is supposed to be pretty good. In the meantime, I’m cleaning out my cloner and getting the seeds for my Freakers co-op run into a wet paper towel tonight.

Ideally, I flip over to flower by next week.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I haven’t flipped yet because I suspect a minor infestation. I assume I’m allergic to spider mites and/or aphids because I break out in hives where exposed skin brushes up against infested leaves. Thought I was trippin for the longest until I looked up causes, so apparently I’ve been cursed/blessed with an internal pest detection system.

All that to say, the hives keep popping up, so I’m trying to clear them out before I switch and I’m hoping I can get them gone by some time next week :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:.

Here’s the tentuation currently after some defloliation:

My Falkor #3 clone is growing a bit different than the original, keeps pushing out three leaf and singular leaf sets:

Finally, I know I’m having pest problems but I haven’t seen this particular issue associated with any pests issues I’ve had in the past. Looks like high ppm issue? I can’t check run off for a few days since they’ve just been watered. So far this is the only plant exhibiting this issue:

7 Likes

Switched them over about two weeks ago or so, now we wait! Been a bit busy so I don’t know if there are any smells just yet but I’ll check next time I open up the tent.

4 Likes

Long time no see huh? Unfortunately I haven’t done my due diligence taking decent pics but I’ll post what I have and take some more this week.

A shot of the tent during week 5 or so

Falkor x Burmese has an interesting fermented fruit smell with a touch of sour/spice. Very Sativa-like growth/bud shape but the nugs are dense

Falkor #46 was a bit of an outlier in structure, bud shape/density, and color. This one stayed short and grew bushy like an indica with golf ball size/shaped buds, was mostly green unlike 90% of Falkor phenos which are typically purple, and also had more of a fruity bubble gum smell vs the more common sour and/or spicy guava terps I’ve found in this line. I assume this one is a bit more Crimea Blue dominant, hence the structure

Falkor #3 regarding structure, growth, color is the most common pheno represented in the line. However, #3
has “chem” terps on the back end which I’m looking to intensify long term

Iranian x Colombian Gold went from an acrid/sweet/musk to a somewhat musky/lime/eucalyptus/earthy smell. It’s probably going to be last to chop, it just keeps throwing out white hairs so I’m excited to see how bit the bud gets on the one in the 3gl vs the 5gl. Will take more pics closer to finish

Well that’s all I got for now! I have some Mazandaran, Iranian vegging in 1gals which will be transferred to bigger pots for flower after this run wraps up. Yes, they’ll be for the Freakers.

Also vegging some testers of my Iranian x My Fault (Ohana [Fem] (Nirvana: Maui Waui X ACE: Congo) X Hannibal [Male] (ACE: Congo X Hash passion))

See y’all later :v:t4:

12 Likes

Falkor x Burmese

More Iranian x Colombian

13 Likes

Mazandaran, Iranian @Upstate

One of the phenos self FIM’d (don’t know if there’s a specific name for this)

I just watered them when I took this pic, they have been in dry soil for about a week or so. Love a low maintenance plant

11 Likes

I’m super late here! This is a really interesting mutation or throwback… Newb2.0 is growing out the Dirty Taxi’s (GMO x {Chemdawg D x I-95}) from TopDawgSeeds and has a plant doing this same exact thing!

Leaf’s with no more than 3 blades, lot of single blades. No reveg or anything. We figured it might’ve been some OG type throwback but if it shows up like that in the Falkor, that doesn’t seem to have any OG in it? Then its gotta be some older landrace or something coming out :thinking:

Did you ever come to any conclusion on it?

You have a lot of interesting genetics going on here! IDK how I missed your thread for the last few months but things are looking great in here! Love the work your doing! ^^

7 Likes

Oooh sweet! Can’t wait to see what these do.
How’s that Colombian/ Iranian. Neat combo. Which Colombian did you use, if it isn’t a secret, that is?

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple landraces self top. Durban is one that comes to mind, but there were others.

1 Like

No such thing as “late” with this party! That’s interesting though, there no OG in Falkor though. There’s some phenos with duck feet leaves but they usually present on one of the earlier leaf sets and are normal after that.

As far as the Landrace connection, Falkor has West Hindu Kush from the Red Dragon side and Paki from the Congo (ACE). If you believe that OG was chemdawg crossed with Lemon Thai/Paki then that could be something?

I never figured it out, the line has a few mutations that I’ve never seen in either of the parent lines so the cross must have woken up some recessive genes I’m guessing.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Stop on by anytime, probably east to miss since I wasn’t consistently posting. I’ll be doing a Freakers run so I’ll try to be consistent with updates.

5 Likes

Me too, going to transfer them as soon as the GoldenEye (Iranian cross) finishes. It’s good stuff, want to run this cut indefinitely; may even try out “selfing” for once to see if I can stabilize it. Would love to see someone grow her outside since I can’t, gonna see if I know someone in the area.

No secrets here! The father is the Colombian Gold from World of Seeds, obviously a hybrid though. Allegedly is a skunk cross but I had planned on adding one of the Colombian gold’s from the Freakers in there.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen it a few times but only on other landraces.

2 Likes

Pretty sure one of the Peshawar self topped too. Neat trait.
If i had room this cominng year I’d grow that cross outdoors myself… im all booked up for the season unfortunately. Hopefully someone has some space to run a few for you.

4 Likes

No worries, I’m keeping that cut indefinitely so it won’t go anywhere unless there’s a mishap of some sort. Which knock on wood I hope never happens. Anywho, it’s going on 14 weeks now and is still throwing white hairs but cannibalized most of the fan leaves even though I’ve been feeding it properly. I switched to 11/13 about a week or so ago in hopes that’ll it’ll help it finish

14 Likes

Alright so here’s a look at the Mazandaran in the 1 gallons flourishing, they stink! I walk into the room and I smell them without stem rub. First three smells I mistook it for from the door: 1. Dead mouse 2. Wet towel that hasn’t dried out for 2-3 days straight 3. Rotten food but up close the first thing I smell is sour diesel, super excited about these. I’ll switch them to 5 gallons when the Iranian x Colombian finish up and through them in the tent for veg a few weeks, then flip them. Seeds will be for Freaker run.

13 Likes

Looks awesome, do you got an smoke report for the Colombian / Iranian Cross? What are your next goals?

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

Looking great! Im excited about these!

3 Likes

Nope, this will be my first time trying it. I’m excited! I just chopped it down a few days ago.

So currently, I’m curing everything I harvested already, and from there, I’ll decide which lines I want to continue working on. I’ve tried some of Falkor #46 and it reminds me mostly of Crimea Blue. It has a lemon/Hash taste but with red dragon terps on the backend (guava-ish) as well as it’s high, minus the anxiety/paranoia, which, removal of the two was the initial goal of this project. The high is pretty mello though, not sure if a CBD thing or just low thc% but I’m going to circle back to these at a later date. I’ll probably give away the lines I’m not interested in.

As for next steps? I really wanna downsize my stock and narrow down my breeding goals because I’m a seed hoarder tbh lol. I have a crazy pipeline of projects that I’ll likely never complete with the resources/time I have. I think I wanna master creating middle Eastern (mainly Iranian) and African IBL’s/heirlooms/hybrids. I also wanna play with some modern poly’s since it’s been awhile. Whenever I run the Razavi Khorasan again, I’ll be crossing it to Meatbreath F2, Puck HP Bx3, and chocolate diesel. I’ll be running Baharak that I planned to cross with Koffee; create a Bx of Jager using Starseed Skunk (Jaeger x skunk 18) so that people can get regular seed of a clone only cut, a Bx of Dr. Grinspoon using Highland Oaxacan Gold to bring back pearl bud pheno and create regular seeds so people can pheno hunt/breed; cross Tuna Kush with Chili Verde and a Tuna Kush acrid pheno x Shashamane pepper pheno

Blah blah blah, let me shut up before I wrote my entire list of ideas down like a mad man lol. Who knows how much of that will get done considering all of the testing I have to do and the repros for co-op and Freakers I have to fit in between

9 Likes

The Mazandaran are getting pretty big in the 1 gals, on the back right is another GoldenEye (Iranian x Colombian) clone, and the smaller plants are a strain I call “Bullets” which is a cross of a very foul smelling Razavi Khorasan Mother crossed to a (Hash Passion x Ace: Congo) x (Nirvana: Maui Waui x Ace: Congo) father.

Chopped the Iranian x Colombian about a few weeks ago and have it in jars. I just need to clean/sanitize the tent and transfer the Mazandaran to 3 or 5 gals so I can begin the Freaker run. I’m guessing a mod could split that part of the thread out when the time comes.

8 Likes