Illinois growers... trade seeds or clones?

Welcome to OG @froggys_pharms.

What are the two plants you have growing?
If you need any kind of assistance, you’re in the right place.

How strictly are plant counts enforced in Illinois? The plant counts here were enforced a lot more before recreational went into effect. Now, you pretty much have to draw attention to yourself, or have jerk-off neighbors, to get into trouble for growing more than they allow one person to grow.

There are no ghetto birds in my part of the state, but there are all kinds of aircraft in the skies around here, due to living next to the largest inland Naval base in the country. If you’re growing enough for them to notice, you’re screwed in a very bad way.

1 Like

@DesertGrown Two Oregon Huckleberries from @Mongobongo, originally from Dynasty. In their second week of flower and after being trimmed once. I lucked out with two females. Dealing with an issue on the right plant’s upper leaves, I think light burn. I moved my light up since then. I also moved the fan in case of wind burn.

Like you said, it’s not like there’s anyone going house to house checking on plant counts. I could be growing a lot more than 5 without drawing any suspicion, but I’ll keep the count low while I’m a newbie.

7 Likes

Beauty! Looking good. Watching this for sure.

3 Likes

Thanks man! I aspire to have grows that look like yours in the future lol.

3 Likes

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I am an Illinois grower so I think this fits here. Quick update on the Huckleberries, 2 weeks into flower. @Mongobongo

5 Likes

I live in a small town just outside St.louis . I must say I have been growing outdoor for 20yrs off n on and usually have at least 1 right in my yard in the middle of town. But the police are easy going here

3 Likes

Got the girls going outside and they are looking great!
Oregon Huckleberry :yum::grin::beers::v::sunglasses:

@Mongobongo
@newb2.0
@TheShowMeHomie

8 Likes

That’s a nice open spot to grow a large plant in. How big will you allow that plant to get outside?

Well, it looks as though I’ll be moving to Illinois by the end of August.
My wife and I, along with our son and his fiance are now the owners of two houses on a large lot.

This will be a big change for me… and perhaps my growing style… but I’ll make the best of it, the best way I can.

Here in the desert it should be around 114°+ with under 10% humidity come August.
What can I expect to have to deal with in SE Illinois in August?
Please be gentle.

2 Likes

Looking good!

Coming from the desert I’d be more concerned w the winter that has been going into April the last couple years!

August in/near Urbana will probably be 85 on average w the potential to reach 95+ for short stretches. And yeah, more humid than youre used to.

3 Likes

I’m from Champaign area and I’d describe the weather as pretty much awful haha.

Can be obnoxiously hot and humid in the summer for long stretches. Tornadoes. Hail. Often bitterly cold winters.

Brief glorious fall and spring. If it isn’t raining. Which it will be.

The only thing Illinos has going for it, is that it’s cheap.

1 Like

I’m going to be moving to Urbana… looks like we’ll be neighbors.

1 Like

While I am not what you’d call a California snowflake, by any means of the word, I think I’m probably going to melt in Illinois.

1 Like

*formerly an Urbanian. I live in Michigan now, but I lived in Urbana until like 6 years ago.

Urbana is fairly liberal, we had civil penalties for possession long before most cities in Illinois. Big university there sorta helps that, the city will feel much larger than it’s population suggests, we definitely had a lot of things not normally found in a city that size. There is a wonderful place called Canopy Club that I used to frequent. Small venue that hosted a ton of great stuff (and the electronic shows were unbelievably debauched).

It’s definitely the best place in Central Illinois. Check out Black Dog if you like BBQ, Bunny’s if you like a quality dive bar, Blind Pig if you like craft brews, honestly the downtown areas of both Champaign and Urbana are surprisingly cool.

Honestly if you need a recommendation for just about anything I’m your boy on this one.

2 Likes

Illinois is rec legal to purchase and possess… Can only legally grow if a medical card holder and those stipulations are pretty close to hardest in the country… Mostly, just dont be conspicuous.

Also as per SE Illinois weather… Really depends but usually somewhere between a molten lava swamp and the devils under-balls… Wet heat, crazy heat indices sometimes but mostly alright… grew up dead center Illinois then used to live down by Olney and Effingham myself so it gets pretty warm

5 Likes

Accurate.

Keep the smell to a minimum and you’ll be fine.

Effingham. That absurd cross tells me I’m close to home on 57.

4 Likes

SIU grad here. It’s truly hot & swampy down there. Central and N IL- can be bad but slightly better than StL or further south.

Love me some Black Dog! I try & eat there whenever I’m stopping thru.

I know some folks from Olney and Altamont. Small ass towns so probably some connections there I bet.

2 Likes

August into most of September is a real bitch
June you’ll start to feel it good.
But it’s Aug/Sept that make that roofers tar very very nasty.

It’s so hot there that the roads buckle and send chunks of concrete up in the air.
Then come winter you’ll be fortunate cuz the snow belt shifted a bit south, N.Illinois gets frozen rain.

Then if that don’t make your hair stand on end Putzkers taxing it’s a loose loose deal.
Illinois has the biggest reduction in population and none coming back in, congrats you’re the first.

Oh then we won’t leave out the black gnats, black fly’s and skeeters.
You’ll love it, if your sadistic.

This is Reality

2 Likes

Not sure about south east but just south is like st.louis which is the Midwest swamp

2 Likes

Your getting pretty close to my neighborhood there. I’m a ways NE. South of 70 a ways

1 Like

Man, y’all are painting a picture to scare the guy! We’re not talking Houston in the summer here.

3 Likes