Illinois growers... trade seeds or clones?

It’s usually not bad at all. I love all 4 seasons. You have swimming all summer and if cold enough you get to play in the snow all winter. I fish all summer, hunt and trap all winter. Plus we have the biggest whitetail deer in the world. If it wasn’t for our government I’d say it’s a great place to live

2 Likes

You guys haven’t really lived until you’ve gone through a week of temps of 122°+ with 8% humidity… now that’s living! Or a couple of weeks of 114°+ with 0% humidity.
You can literally watch your skin dry out and crack open right in front of your eyes on days like that! That’s the kind of heat I’m used to being in.

From what most of you have said about the heat/humidity in southern Illinois, it almost seems like I’m moving to Bakersfield, CA… and Bakersfield sucks in a lot of ways… heat/humidity included.

1 Like

Man you only have 3 seasons there.
I’ve lived thru 55 of them.
End of April some have ac going, May it’s close to mandatory unless you work in one of the shops and get used to the heat.

Black gnats are killer, get in your eyes, nose ears and mouth.

Be no way in hell I’d go back to live in that hell hole.

We don’t have plagues of flies like Bakersfield. And far far less meth.

2 Likes

I remember New Mexico being close to those temps/humidity, was nice.

I’m more central Illinois and its honestly not bad, it does get really humid in the summer. talking 95-105 degrees with ~95% humidity July-September on some days. Some months are a little better, some are a little worse, its totally random which is which every year.

Outdoor growing will be super hit or miss. We get a ton of rain in april/may and september/october. The last couple years have been total crap for that, bud rot or flooded all over the place, but like 4 years ago it was perfect. Hoping this year will be a good one again but it’s Illinois so who knows.

There are gnats and mosquito’s but those aren’t bad if we actually get a good winter, the mild winters cause for heinous bug plague but the good long, lots of snow, winters tend to limit em down pretty good. Think this year will lighter on bugs for sure, last year was pretty bad for bugs but still not biblical or anything.

Honestly I think you’ll be fine here and like it but the weather, and mainly the humidity, will take some getting used to :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d have to say I have probably just got use to it. We are going to full air conditioner mode this week, high 80’s starting tomorrow and for the next week. And the dog dick gnats are crazy right now. They are calling for rain all week also, with the temps I’d say we will get bad thunderstorms a day or 2. I guess I’ve just got use to it…lol. I’m pretty rooted in here, been on the same dead end road all my life

3 Likes

Yeah after a while you just take the weather and the Fatman in stride.

I remember out dove hunting on 9/1 all the time and the black gnats, verioucus mfers clear in thru bow season, what a mfer.
End of October till the weather actually turns tolerable.
Remember alot of Christmas’s 50-60 degrees that is crazy shit.
When I was a kid in around Savanna we used to have 4 seasons and snow, snow up the wazoo.

The flyway for ducks even moved it’s over closer to Rockford down thru the Illinois River used be great Mississippi flyway.

I won’t go into the taxation rant going thru my mind right now.

Sorry Bullskinner or anyone else from That state, hate to be knocking your state but I feel I can after living there 99% of my life.

By the way it’s 65 up here, sunny, blue skys Rain in the forecast.

7 Likes

Couple years ago it was too cold to take the kids out trick or treating and warm enough to be in shorts playing a 3 on 3 family game of basketball in the driveway on Christmas day

5 Likes

Crazy shit, sure that wasn’t last year.
We were down for the holiday last year walking around in shorts, in Illinois believe that crap.

Remember snow for opening day of trapping season shutting the coon down for a couple weeks.

Roads buckling because of heat, nuts.

3 Likes

yeah i think that’s been the last two years or so, maybe it skipped a year in there but yeah, like 80 degrees on christmas day :laughing: but in the 30s with possible snow on halloween… real winter doesn’t start until January. It’s like the whole climate has shifted a month.

2 Likes

Yeah might start in January but over with begin of March, if the wind blows in the right direction.

2 Likes

That OK @OleReynard I truly understand how you feel. Don’t even get me started on the Pisser. Chicago writing all the rules for us downstaters is getting out of hand.
Our weather has changed a lot over the last few decades. I use to be able to ice fish for at least 2 months a year when I was younger, now we are lucky to get enough ice to go. Never had enough to go 1 time last year and that is pretty normal anymore

1 Like

Even up in northern Illinois there weren’t much being done

1 Like

Lol let’s get back to seed and clone trading … got a little derailed about climate and such but should keep it on topic from here on

Sorry @toastyjakes and @Organic we did get just a bit off track. I’m glad this got started and I hope to spend a lot of time on subject here. I am setting on a lot of good f2s I need to get out so everyone can enjoy. I’ve already sent several packages out. I’m not setting on any good mother plants ATM but have a lot of BOG and Bodhi stuff going, I just need do a lot of cloning and pick my winners and you all will be welcome to them. I love that things are getting where we can do this. 35-40 years ago i would had bet the farm I would never see what’s happening. I’ll put together a short list of seeds I have available soon and post it up here.

8 Likes

First grow getting close! Mid-May was a hopeful estimate. I’ve got a couple weeks left, but I’m not complaining. 2 Oregon Huckleberry phenos in all their glory. If I get a male next grow I will be saving pollen/making seeds for sure.

8 Likes

Hi guys! I’m in the DeKalb county area. I don’t have any seeds but I can whip you up a batch of clones. Word on the street, I got some giants on my hand :smile:

I started growing in February. I’m sorry I have so little to trade. But so yeah, hit me up. Team Illinois OG!

5 Likes

At the moment I have more seed stock than I know what to do with. I’ve got some decent stuff and some pretty good stuff as well. Any local guys looking to get going I can help out and share the wealth! If you have something to trade awesome if not hit me back when you can! I’m in west suburbs and not looking to drive far haha

3 Likes

Bro, let’s do this! I’m sending you a message once I can figure out how.
I hope you don’t mind if I bring a copilot. His name is Gelert and he is my service dog.

3 Likes

Sorry if anyone messaged me about seeds… I’ve been super super busy with work and have had so much other shit going on as well… not to mention this bullshit lockdown. I’m still willing to help some guys out. If yoi messaged me before try again now! I will be back on regularly!