im going to be a rich man

download (2)

think I might stick around to see how this one plays out…

So far, we have:
The pitch - $500 in bitcoin to random OG thread come March :money_mouth_face:
The Prologue - Youth, (antipsychotic)drugs and Rock’n’Roll…with a hint of medical malpractice. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The MEAT & POTATOES of it…
download (6)

4 Likes

hey your on to something, I should spend more time planning

an update, I called a loan place and they’re giving me a special loan for 250k if I get approved, im between traveling to la and hanging out or moving temporarily while my case settles

That sounds sketchy, don’t get flim flammed.

3 Likes

Beware what a loan place like that charges. It could be as high as 100%

8 Likes

ya man, its really best to hold tight and not get the loan if you can, those places are sketch. short term gain for long term loss

2 Likes

Shit remember those Western Sky infomercials? They were on late night TV for a long time.

$10K loan at 89% APR 84 month term ends up at $65K. That was the conservative estimate.

Their terms sometimes went up over 300% APR lol. I’d rather borrow 10K from a criminal enterprise they aren’t even that bad. I remember my wife’s first car when we were poor was like 13% APR and that shit hurt.

Point is, sketchy. I wouldn’t trust those usurous pre-settlement loan folks either. Might end up with nothing after the payout. You can’t be too careful when borrowing money.

5 Likes

The rep said interest rates are 10% so that’s 25k for 250k I can live off for 2 years, guy said I can take out almost any sum so there’s high hopes, lawyers still haven’t told me how much my case settles for but one guy got like literally a billion on the first case

It’s actually approving right now, it might get denied but i can try other places in a few months when they open up their special loan program

I was once offered a loan for 100k secured at 20%. It was a second mortgage.

I asked if he was joking.

5 Likes

“There seems to be an extra zero on here have your people correct it”

4 Likes

Yeah I just called the loan place the most they can auth me now for 30 days is 800$

Until I get my surgery it won’t be very high these loans but I did just crack my phone :frowning:

Atleast I’m approved for funding, money is better then no money

Exactly. My ex wife said well it’s not too bad and I freaked out at her. We’d have been better off putting it on a credit card.

She was not known for her financial acumen which is one of the reasons she’s my ex wife.

6 Likes

I have a friend with 12K+ in CC debt, yet also has 20K+ saved in the bank.

WHY DO YOU LOVE PAYING INTEREST

Financial literacy needs to be a required course to graduate HS. Usury laws need to be beefed up.

7 Likes

Yeah. I don’t know what the interest on that is but Mrs Foreigner does something similar and I tell her she might as well take $50 a month and set it on fire.

There must be something primal about having money in the bank. My line of credit is at -$7 and has been for a long time.

I know way too many people who turned 18, got a credit card, and blew it all and cds and cash advances for weed. Fucked up credit rating for life. I stole for my weed money, much more responsible.

8 Likes

This is starting to feel like the Nigerian Prince thing.

3 Likes

@vernal
I teach pfl in high school
No one listens

3 Likes

I slept through this in high school as my morning joint wore off.

1 Like

It’s considered wildly uncool to listen to teachers.

They also cannot ever process that they are going to be poor if they don’t smarten up. There is no “next year” to 95% of kids. I remember being 18 unable to process more than a couple weeks into the future.

SMOKIN IN THE BOYS ROOM
SMOKIN IN THE BOYS ROOM

4 Likes

Basic financial literacy:

Don’t spend money you don’t have.
Get a credit card but use it responsibly.
Don’t buy gaudy shit you don’t need.

Class dismissed

6 Likes

I was married, bought a mobile home and was purchasing 15 acres. I always paid more than payment and paid off asap. I continued doing this until I paid cash for my first brand new car,

I was raised different than my contemporaries. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes