I'm the Black Sheep of the Family's Continuous Grow

Hey bro that’s music to my ear !
Waste not want not right …
Just recently discovered how to make fruit sugar
The more you know

2 Likes

A friend of mines wife made it the first time I tried it, I was like holly shit, we gotta figure out how to make this.
You are 100% correct my friend, knowledge is the one thing that they can’t take from you :wink:

4 Likes

Unless they got that thing from men in black :sweat_smile:
You’re not lying though I see it all around me …the unprepared .

2 Likes

I’m a prepper from way back. My wife cans everything, including hamburger and chicken. Doesn’t take up freezer space and has about a 7 year shelf life

6 Likes

You have many years ahead of me lol
We are only three years in so tons to learn but we do have our own canned syrups jellies relish pickles etc
Plus side is we did 38 meat chickens and a hog this year !

This has had my interest for a bit …Now when you say canned meat do you mean canned or pressure cooked …

3 Likes

Raw meat pressure canned for 90 minutes, I believe. We can a lotta sausage as well I would have to ask my wife Carole for the time to be sure. She has taken the lead on canning for the last several years, since my health went south.
Hell she even adds taco seasoning to the hamburger and all you do is take a jar and heat it up, instant tacos. She takes the tall pint and a half jars and puts meatloaf seasoning in with the meat before canning. I just take a knife and go around the edge of the jar and can pop the entire roll out. Slice it and have meatloaf sandwiches

8 Likes

The Amish can their meat believe it or not …This has me sold ! .

We have been wanting to invest in a pressure canner for those purposes …she’s the canner has more patience…I’m the grunt n QC in the garden lol

I gotta try to get something done around here
Have a good day bro nice chatting with yah

2 Likes

Have a great day, my brother :+1:t4:
:v:t4:
Gary

My wife has 3 and sometimes has all 3 going at the same time. It’s getting close to time to re up on my side of beef so, she’ll be working on canning stuff in the freezers to make room, I have 3 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Good morning my friend! All this talk of canning has me thinking about replenishing our supplies. My wife and I have been down for the last couple of years and our food stores are not where they need to be.

4 Likes

Hell me and the woman would come over for some free labor just to gain more knowledge ! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You would be welcome @Rabeats2093 . :+1:t5:

3 Likes

That means a lot ! You know how we r young but old at heart and our ways …would you believe it if we said no Wi-Fi for 2 yrs now lol
Have a good day!

2 Likes

You too @Rabeats2093 . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah brother I’ve been into all of it the shine gives me the munchies so I make toast and peach butter and apple butter damn good stuff bud. And the corn cob jelly and peanut butter every day this week for lunch. :joy: I’m amazed at how delicious it is I had cream corn taste in mind but fooled me. I apologize everything that you and Carole have done for me. Next time I’m bringing my notepad you guys are a wealth of knowledge and I love you sharing with me. If I can do anything please don’t hesitate to ask. Hope you had a great day. Be good :v:

1 Like

Me and my better half are starting to can and plan on having a bountiful garden to can a bunch. My mom used to can homemade spaghetti sauce mm good just open heat pour over noodles! Your mbapbf at 30 days.

the 88g13xsb is a looker can’t wait to uppot and sex :crossed_fingers: it’s a she. This auto is a beast topped about a week ago and some leaf tucking and there is tops everywhere. Apparently I fimmed a bit cause I have a new center branch starting. Can’t wait to see this girl finish up!

11 Likes

Good morning @repins12 and all who enter here!

6 Likes

Morning @repins12
Hope you have a great day, my friend.

3 Likes

Very full looking :eyes: plants 🪴 really nice job :+1:. :wink::ok_hand::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

12 Likes