Impromptu breeding and other degeneracies. Bro

Improvised (impromptu) breeding on the cheap with stuff i got laying around. Nothing here is expensive. Thats the only rule. :saluting_face:

The degenerate part comes from the fact i very much count on having you go “you cant do that” or “you can do that?!”

Itll be a slow start, showing some of the building process, what i look for when shopping, tips to save on supplies etc then we’ll get nerday. We’ll touch on time efficiency, genetics, the why, the when and all decision making behind the curtains.

All is welcome to participate whichever way they see fit, whenever they feel to. No pretention,laid back, sometimes strange, growing from a dude with a watering can.

46 Likes

Looking forward to watching the show @Mithridate. :v:

10 Likes

Watching and learning @Mithridate, and hopefully contributing👍

3 Likes

We are of course going the racks and t5s way. Its how i go but the idea is infinitely flexible.

The entire premise, the skeleton of the setup if you will is built around 99% of materials being reusable and/or last a looong time, then when not in use it can fit in very little storage space. If you move, change grow styles or whatever you can pull your setup out and have to spend nada or worst case scenario you might have to drop the equivalent of the price of 2 hambergers trios at your favorite fast food chain lol.

Up to a few years ago i always built racks out of wood… 2x4s… half inch plywood etc… but then…

Then i found these

At least twice a year they go on sale around my parts, half off…
Theyre 60"x24"x32" high. Very sturdy. Each shelf can hold 300lbs… and for 35 canadian bucks (like 15$ us) theyre a serious deal.

For every 2 work benches, i get a 4ft lenght of perforated angle bars. Cut in 12" pieces

And mount them with bolts in-between benches to create a 3 tier rack.

11 Likes

Using double sided tape on posts and cross bars

I wrap the racks in panda film, covering shelves, ceilings, everything…

Theres a 15ftx3ft recess in this wall… perfect for 3 whole racks.

Second one coming up.

Thats about where im at right now. But with a 3 days weekend coming ill be done with the build.
Tomorrow ill touch on genetics… im looking for 360 plants/500 starts :saluting_face:

33 Likes

Cool stuff here @Mithridate

As someone who hopes to start their own “degenerate breeding project” I’ll be following along :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thats what were going for this round right ? :wink:

28 Likes

Holy firepower Batman!!

7 Likes

20230527_220701
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Most definitely. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aside from an obvious skunk incross, the imaginary objectives are to mate hp x nl to sour bubble and cross strawbskunk x 88g13hp to bog sour strawberry12 x 88g13hp

16 Likes

That’s quite a selection of goodies, I can’t wait to see what you find! :saluting_face:

3 Likes

The frames are stiff enough you don’t need any diagonal bracing?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

:writing_hand::clipboard: ready to learn sensei

3 Likes

Tabernak you got some awesome :frog: deals going on at PM!!!

Build looks super! Looking forward to seeing the weekend puttering.

6 Likes

You can’t do that!

7 Likes

Theyre good to go as is! Ive been using these racks for about 3 years and even overloaded with plants they never budged.

When i first got them i had to test the 300lbs per shelf claim… so i laid on shelves thinking theyd fold. Nope, solid :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Glad I found this. Should be fun. Gonna go outside the @Mithridate box and not going full guerillia.

3 Likes

Panda film can be a pita to work with to some growers. When wrapping shelves please dont unfold the whole thing.
Lay the shelf on top of the folded panda

Fold the panda on top, aligning both pieces will help to get straight lines. I left some extra material to have some overlap once wrapped.

In my case, each shelf is 5ft wide, panda being 10ft wide I cut the film right in the middle as shown in the first picture.

Perfect every time.

16 Likes

Pretty smooth man

4 Likes

Lighting is the easy part. I went with 4x t5ho per shelf. On a previous run i had tried 7x t5ho and it was overkill. 4 is plenty.

I used these “7up” light hangers, theyre basically clip on brackets. Dont buy these. The pins break all the time hah.

13 Likes