In search of over the top Pine smells

Welp…that leads me back to …shit idk

2 Likes

I believe friesland (old northern outdoor strain) has some really piney phenos.

3 Likes

Hmmm… NL x G13? Seems like something straight out of the 90s.

-GH

Edit: NL x G13 is thought to be dumpster. And that does not smell like pine.

2 Likes

The strongest Pine smelling smoke I’ve come across yet has to be Stardawg

6 Likes

@GrowHard I got some pine stinch i could send your way. I’m actualy not a big fan of the pine smell at all but I will vouch it’s not gone. I grew out some shiatsu kush and there were two phenos ,one horribly strong pine cleaner smell and one rotten bo smell. I have seeds of the shiatsu crossed to durbin from sensi seeds. They are huge plants though and only some will have the pine smell. Trainwreck tends to be a winner but is norm only available as crosses. I also have some of what I call red mango x sfv og. I havent grown them but the last three generations before this cross all were pure pine. Red mango is (purple eurkle x ghost train haze) x elemental wellness mango tango.

7 Likes

Pine stinch you say? I’m interested, any idea on the lineage?

1 Like

I just found some of those…m33…

3 Likes

I just finished a clone of my ghost train haze mom…straight paint remover…

2 Likes

Yes the shiatsu kush is from bc seeds has a over the top story behind it supposed to be a rescued mystery strain from Japan. The Durbin is from sensi seeds.
The red mango cross has the genetics listed above , it’s the ghost train haze that brings the pine. It gets it from the arcata trainwreck. The pine stench is very dominate once you breed to it it’s hard to get rid of.
I’m happy to send you some of both varieties so you can hunt threw them.

8 Likes

@GrowHard when I grew Delta 9’s Superstar (Sensi Star) it had a strong turpentine smell.

1 Like

I’ll have to buy a pack your the second person who has mentioned Nirvana and piney NL

5 Likes

I have 3 Sensi Star females at the moment, still early and filled with seeds to pass any judgement on the smell. Hopefully one will have that trait.

-GH

3 Likes

Gotta follow this topic. Nice (I think) to hear I’m not the only one looking for the pine smell. As stated earlier on I haven’t found an over the top pine smell/taste since around 2000 the sad part was I never could find a strain name for what I had come across. In my neck of the world names didn’t start coming along with the buds untill around 2006 or so before that it was either James brown for the brick or chronic for any and all good buds.

7 Likes

This makes a lot of sense. The most pine smelling weed I’ve ever had was trainwreck.

Who’s the best breeder if one were to procure some trainwreck seeds? Or would the proper route be to find an Arcata Trainwreck cut?

4 Likes

I thought Durban was pretty pine smelling, but not sure which breeder

1 Like

Durbin does put off lemon and pine phenos in my expieriance. The arcata trainwreck is definetly a great producing plant with heavy pine smell but is less common now with all the new super elites being hyped up.

2 Likes

The Trainwreck I was seeing around 02-03 were piney haven’t ran across Trainwreck in a long time unfortunately

2 Likes

Newguy420… has trainwreck

4 Likes

Do you have any experience with his work? Just wondering which direction the line was worked since its an F4. Nice selection on his site and reasonable prices.

(save everyone the time)

-GH

5 Likes

@Barefrog was the trainwreck you gave me for secret Santa pine smelling at all when you grew it out?

2 Likes