In search of over the top Pine smells

Will do. I have a journal going since it’s my first indoor ever and the beans came from a vault give away.

2 Likes

The strain you’re asking about is most likely Oaxacan Highland.
It’s the only Mexican/Central American cannabis strain that I remember having any pine flavor in it.

When smoked, it has an earthy, coffee w/spicy notes and a fruity, almost berry flavor followed by a nice pine/cedar flavor on the exhale. Very calming smoke.

The high can be tippy like a strong Thai, so all you lightweights, use caution with this one!

It’s been a while since I’ve grown out anything like this, but I do remember it having “fern-like” flowers on it, due to it being a pure sativa landrace. Density is uncommon, but quantity is outstanding.

8 Likes

Believe I might have some of them Oaxacan from …damn, who was it, either Santero or Eskobar???
Thinking Escobar, you remember you ran those over on OG @DesertGrown???

2 Likes

IF I do, and they are what your hunting, you may have them @GrowHard.

Lets see what @DesertGrown says about them, I cannot remember

3 Likes

E$kob@r made crosses with the Mexican strain Jalisco IBL and the Brazilian strain Santa Maria, but it don’t think he made anything with Oaxacan.

I do remember something about an Oaxacan cross on OG and am thinking it was made by a member. I’ll check on it later when I do some modding.

5 Likes

I WOULD NOT have just taken it from another member…in a bit i will go look and see if I have them still, and see if I can cypher whence they came from…thinking @santero

Was that you Santero??? Then again Esko sent me stuff , a bunch of stuff, it could be either one. HMMMM

3 Likes

I have a cut of High Desert Relief’s (HDR) Skywalker Kush (was formerly named Slywalker OG). The top three terpenes are myrcene, alpha pinene, and beta pinene.

11 Likes

I can’t wait to have these kind of tests available here

2 Likes

I have been looking at Omuerta Genetix Thousands Oaks F4 IBL for some time now, Description sounds very interesting, maybe there is super pinene pheno to be found in these.

5 Likes

I should think that since there are at least two pinene terpenes there will be combinations giving variants like menthol, mint and others of similar flavor. Though as I type this I hesitate to consider them similar lol

This will be a family of flavors?!

4 Likes

The dispo i used grows an OG Kush that’s a sweet pine smell. I always associate kush with pine

4 Likes

OG Kush has moderate amounts of pinene in it, along with linalool and humulene, but caryophyllene, myrcene and limonene are abundant within this particular strain.

Myrcene is the most abundant terpene found in cannabis and is the one most attributed to the “couch-lock” effect.

I agree that a lot of “kush” strains have a pine smell/flavor… then again, there’s a lot of kush strains that have no kush in them at all!

I’ve been into cannabis genetics since before I bought my first pack of Skunk#11 seeds from The Seed Bank of Holland back in the mid 80’s.
There are lots of renamed strains floating around the cannabis world, just like there are more than 20 cuts of OG Kush that have been renamed as if they are entirely different strains. The name may have been changed, but the genetics are still the same.

There’s still a lot of misinformation about genetics being spread around the world cannabis community that needs to be properly sorted out.

13 Likes

The Bermuda Triangle was the original. Bubba and his buddy named it kush (looks like kush berries). At this time they had no previous knowledge of the kush mountains even existed. The cut traveled around for four years and alot of people claimed they had the Orginal kush. Eventually it was renamed OG to claifiy the difference between the fakes and the real deal. Unfortunately. The real OG has traveled around a hell of alot more now days aswell as the imitators versions. So when you hear triangle S1 are being sold dont expect any packs to be left over.

3 Likes

@DesertGrown
there was no regular seed with the oaxacans from esko.

esko made oaxacan fem-crosses, tho:
chocolate rain x oax and godbud x oax.

both were nice,
i grew some of both, but found nanas in the godbud one.

@Jetdro
i have send something over to you just once so far, bro.
it was a one-way share: five of my own seedlines :wink:

13 Likes

Thank you for the clarification San… it is appreciated.
I couldn’t remember who made those crosses and Jet was right… it was E$ko.

The Chocolate Rain x Oaxacan sounds like a really good cross… and so does the Godbud x Oaxacan, but I know that Godbud can sometimes show instibility during flowering.

Incidentally, I was going through my seed collection and came across some Godbud x Herijuana beans that Indican made a few years ago and I’m gonna pop some and see what I can find in that cross.
I’m also planning a Chocolate Thai pheno run come spring and a Malawi grow this summer.

This should be another awesome year for growing cannabis!

11 Likes

I have triangle s1s from DNA and havent found anything worth smoking in them yet. I’m not sure why s1s are so popular , I’ve grown alot of fem seed and in my expieriance there like a weaker broken version of the original at best. Also the whole I might be a herm mutant aspect is rather un attractive.

5 Likes

I also feel this way. Only ONE fem plant has grown well for me, was Sannie’s Sugar Punch. Other than her, I would concur that all my other FEM seeds were disappointments. No, I have not run 100’s of FEMS, but only maybe 5-7 of them. I decent out of 5-7 tells me to not run anymore of them lol.

4 Likes

The bubba that hermied and pollinated the original OG cut made a better product then the OG was by it self. I’ll probably stick with the hybrid I’m running from @lefthandseeds until someone finds a real OG cut to S1.

6 Likes

I havent seen any og crosses that can compare to the real deal original when grown properly under optimal conditions. If you have something you feel is better then most you have seen I congratulate you and incourege you to hold on to it as the qaulity of og genetics is being more convoluted every day. Getting the original cutting of og is alot more rare then people think, not as rare as rks but close. Most all of the og phenos I’ve ran dont have the proper taste or smell what so ever. True og and Ill og are prime examples , same plant diff growers, straight up garbage.
Sfv og tastes and smells almost correct but is mild in all aspects compared to the original. Think sfv but twice as potent in all aspects, smell taste ,high etc.

7 Likes

Until i can try them all I cant judge too much. Ive have the san Fernando hybrids. And smoked plenty of bud people claimed it was OG. It seems like even hybrids get considered straight OG to people on the street. I think the landrace lowland Afgani that lefhand used really helped make the hybrid bold again. I very very happy with the two cuts i ended up keeping especially considering I was growing alot of different gear in the same room and these cuts are by far the loudest shit in the room and possibly the loudest ive seen in over a decade.

7 Likes