In search of over the top Pine smells

I think the Dakini (Pre98 Bubba x Afghani Kush) is a really nice strain for breeding with. I have a bunch of seeds still, and a friend who I might be able to get the same clone again from. I don’t wanna just duplicate it and give it out because of respect for Ben at Centennial Seeds. I love what it brings to the table, but it’s boring as shit to smoke. For a strain to grow and smoke, I’d take the lowland hybrid any day. Same with the Black Dom hybrid.

It’s a great tool for the box if you can find good partners for it.

7 Likes

They were the first seeds being legally sold in MA way back in 2012 when we legalized medical. Was an older dude down the cape selling strictly Centennials seeds. He even did interviews with the local newspaper.
http://baystateseed.com/?page_id=17
Looks like he’s blowing up.

3 Likes

Did you plan on selling the lowland hybrid after testing or no? Its your work dude. And your giving respect to those who you got it from. I would say duplicate the lowland hybrid again for everyone if you havent already. Just wondering… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve sold a few packs, here and there. I have lots of seeds left, probably 1-2k if you need any more. I’ve been circulating them around on OG so people can try them.

I have considered searching for a lowland male in my pack and getting that clone again from my buddy. That Afghani works so well with the DK. It would be nice to have some regs. Option B is that I could also just cross in the DK again and then cross a male from that to another LowDak.

But on the other hand I don’t really need to worry about it for a long ass time… I’m pretty loaded up as it is.

6 Likes

That’s cool! I really like his stuff. I have his DK, Orion and Waipi’o Hapa. I’m pumped to try the Hawaiian. I’d like to get his Colombian and Nepalese if he still has some around.

4 Likes

My hat in the ring is my Pine Tar Gush. Tom Hills pine tar kush via leangreen and verdantgreens preservation work x my gorilla bubble.
Independent grows popping up on IG…

7 Likes

Sannies Sugar Punch really is a great strain with incredible phenos to find.

Not only is it potent smoke from a strong cross, but I’ve found phenos that gave me solid deep purple buds and I had one pheno that had hot pink buds on it. Jet can vouch for those… I posted some pics of them on OpenGrow some years back.

Although Sugar Punch is available in fem seeds only, I was lucky enough to get a nice male SP out of one of the seeds.
Males from feminized seeds is very rare, but not impossible. Pollen viability is a different story though. Most males found in fem seed possess no viable pollen, they are sterile.

I have around 2 grams of Sugar Punch pollen and plan on seeing if it’s viable very soon. If it is, there’s enough to do many different projects.

Any suggestions Jet?!

5 Likes

@Papalag did SP x Goji, Papa’s Punch, I ran it and it was good! He did it other way around however, male Goji to a SP female.

Very cool you got a male from Sugar Punch! I forgot about that .

1 Like

If it’s viable pollen, I’ll send you some Jet… probably gonna send you some Anesthesia pollen too, if that’s ok with you, of course. I’ll send whole pollen, you can cut it if you like.

2 Likes

HERE…no doubt…I would hit my Amnesia Haze with the SP. Thinking that would be a killer cross.

Never had any Anesthesia before, read it is excellent.

2 Likes

I have Anesthesia seeds too… they have become extremely scarce over the last few years.

I can send cannabis cuttings, but not clones… is this correct?

3 Likes

Correct, un rooted cuts, but not rooted clones.

1 Like

I prefer to send cuttings too, but nothing against sending rooted clones here either. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

I thought rooted clones were a no no ???

2 Likes

Nope, just finished product. Clones are fine rooted or otherwise. :+1::seedling:

Now what ever happens privately between two consenting individuals is none of my business.
:eggplant: :peach: :sweat_drops:

6 Likes

Thank you for the clarification @ReikoX… that makes things much easier for me.

I’d rather send rooted clones, rather than cuttings… they have a much lower mortality rate due to being actual rooted plants and not having to rely on high humidity to retain moisture.
Cuttings can experience issues with molds due to the high humidity needed to survive a roadtrip.

2 Likes

I just smoked a j from Vermont skunk. Dominion skunk ×Ghani skunk…it has a mild pine taste…not super piney…but it’s there. So one of those from dominion seed co. Should have it.

3 Likes

@Biochemichael welcome to Overgrow and also welcome to pine lovers anonymous lol

6 Likes

Thank you…i will be posting more here as I grow different strains. Just harvested a 7 foot Afghan#1, but I still regret not pruning it. Unfortunately no pine odour, but the Cheese CBD is more in the area. I have seen some heavy budding compact plants, so that is my next goal.

4 Likes

The general consensus seems to be northern lights has it

3 Likes