Inbreeding landrace basics

I know a lot people call World of Seeds, World of sh*t, but I really like their ‘ko chang thai’, I have no idea if it’s thai, if so it’s nothing like the thai I have had before but the ones I have grown out have been crackers. Very slow though, mine were pushing 100 days and could probably have gone a little longer.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel every seed company has haters. Same time I just wonder if some strains need more work. I’ve ran some good Dutch passion strain then again I wouldnt recommend brainstorm from them to anyone. World of seeds never ran any thing from them

Strains always need more work IMHO :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very good point on that. always room to improve

1 Like

I have durbin from sensi and I have some that was kept from old times in the santa Cruz area , I have concerns with seeds of africa due to there site having some incorrect information in regards to some of there hybrid strains, I have sourced alot of african genetics from different places will be interesting to see what they produce

3 Likes

And pure malawi is most definetly a 24 week variety as are many if the true landrace sativas, that’s why when alot of people say they want to grow a pure sativa they are incourege to try a sativa dominate strain first , the long flowering types are special but require alot of planning and work depending on the seasons in your area

5 Likes

I second this. Ace has some outstanding selections.

4 Likes

I’m ordering from ace forsure what about tropical seeds ?

I have a few things from ace there stuff is definetly worth a shot. I say good genetics are where you find them and you wont find them with out looking

3 Likes

Just to be clear a plant yields roughly half its weight in seeds. So a small plant can yield several hundred seeds. My last SS4 run the females yield was about 68 - 79 grams of seeds per plant. 1 gram of seeds yields 60 - 120 seeds depending on the size and moisture content.

5 Likes

So, here’s a question. If one were to receive seeds from one of the Super nice and generous residents of South Africa :wink: :wink: :wink: what kind of genetics would we be likely to get?

6 Likes

What are you looking for ? Pretty easy to source most stuff out here

3 Likes

:joy:

…well…considering all the trading & moving & bouncing around plus the cross-breeding, a mishmash of africa, europe, & the americas…with less likely inputs from asia, australia, & any/all islands???..

just guessin.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I was wondering about the Trankei seeds you sent. In the other thread, you wrote a long essay about the natural and forced crossing of strains, particularly Durban, but mention Transkei and Swazi.

2 Likes

I’d love to get my hands on more African land races, especially the angora rosa, aim also interested in what some of seeds of Africa offers like the swazi land, matekoane and the stuff from pondoland , any body have any information on those areas

6 Likes

All depends what area you’re specifically looking at. The Transkei that I sent to you were an earthy fruity sativa. The Transkei has had not nearly as much cross pollination as what Swaziland has had and those Transkei seeds will be the most true to form Transkei you will find.
As for Durban strains I’ve never ever found them appealing.

2 Likes

Pondo is probably some of the worst bush weed I’ve ever smoked in my life and was pretty shocked to see seeds of it being sold by someone.
Matekoane is what weed is called in Lesotho

3 Likes

I kinda figured some of it might be marketing those transkei seeds sounds awesome and durbin isent my favorite flavor either , I like the earthy kushy sour stuff or a strong fruit flavor not into the whole lemon/pine tree terps side of things but thats what makes the plant so great, there is a flavor for all types of taste

2 Likes

That makes me very happy. I also would love to, eventually, get my hands on some real Afghani, actually from some mountain top in Afghanistan. I know there are a few places that say they have it, but would love to get it from someone that said, “picked it out of some bud I pulled right off the plant.”

3 Likes

re: durban poison…

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes