Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Okay, yeah, I understand. I really oughta do that myself. I just get so fucking paranoid about stray pollen making it’s way into the flower tent or whatever… But yeah, I get that. I mean, why not do that? It’s there for the taking! Haha.

I may do that with some of the stuff that I only have one pack of, whenever I grow those out. But because I’m so leery of pollen and stuff, I’ve really only been growing out whatever I have at least two packs of. I’ll do some chucking at some point…

Ah, okay, so you do like the high; you just wish it was more flavorful or whatever? I feel like sometimes (most of the time) it’s a trade-off: smokes awesome but doesn’t taste like much or it tastes really good but the high is “blah.” Maybe that’s the problem with “breeders” not doing much real work… I thought that Skycuddler Kush f3 was probably the best in both departments that I’ve grown recently. And the Soar. We’ll see how the current stuff turns out…

That Goji f1 pic, of the one you lost, looks real good, though. Was this the thread where we were talking about “hash tips” a while back? Because that Goji got it going ON haha.

8 Likes

Yeah with “mobile plants” in small pots (~1GAL) it’s possible to move them out of the area, pollinate a lower bud with a small paint brush, wait 30 minutes and then spray down completely with water to deactivate any lingering pollen.

Exactly! Essentially a perpetual search for the “holy grail”, even if never found it’s the journey that’s just as fun as the end goal…

Here’s an example of a Goji that had no flavor or smell really and the effects were also blah. Worst of both worlds…

Mother of the 2017 Goji F2s

Another extremely disappointing Legend OGxSL

I know better than to buy into hype , especially with the style of typing in the post I’m about to quote but here’s the supposed background on the LOG as posted by Schmoe when nspecta asked him about it…

13 Likes

Haha, yeah, I actually started reading that thread when you posted the link, but I was just like,”What the fuck is this, with the constant <<< and >>>?” I read the first couple pages, but I couldn’t finish it. I do think it’s interesting that the threads to both the Legend OG that you posted a link to and the Irene thread that windy posted a link to were started in 2012. That’s ten years ago. Plenty of time for people to get their grubby little fingers on those cuts and fuck ‘em up haha and make watered-down “bx’s” or whatever between then and now.

I dunno… I feel like most people are so terrified of being “ganged up on” online that nobody ever says what they really think about shit and they just say,”Oh, yeah, dude! This is great weed!” even if it isn’t. Maybe it’s just because they don’t wanna look like they wasted their time growing something that sucked, I dunno. But I’m fairly certain that the only people I’ve seen on a weed forum who’ve said,”Goji’s just okay,” is you and me haha!

I will say that I like how Goji’s always kind of “centered” me and made me be like,”Nothing’s really that big of a deal.” But I’m kind of like that most of the time anyway, so I’m usually looking for weed that makes me feel, uh… Other ways haha!

Yeah, that’s my plan for whenever I do get around to pollinating something. I’ve read that you can spray them down as soon as fifteen minutes after, but I was like,”Nah, I’ll probably wait an hour.” 30 minutes seems like a good happy medium haha.

8 Likes

Arrived in good condition!

I figured you’d appreciate his style of typing haha…

I think that it helps in our case that we aren’t aspiring cannabis-influencers with identities wrapped up in it and have no financial stake either in cannabis. It’s pretty inconsequential to say that something I was excited about turned out to be a let down… I’ve had a number of things that I was disappointed with and critical of that turned out to really surprise me (Devil’s HP church smelling pheno) and it’s pretty easy to admit that I misjudged that initially.

I think we both had similar views towards Black Triangle as well. In a way it sucks because I bought 4 packs of BT due to the amount of hype it gets within the Bodhi forums. The phenos that I sampled weren’t bad but I prefer the Devil’s HP that I got over anything in the pack that I went through. Eventually I’ll pheno hunt the other packs, I’m sure something great is in there.

14 Likes

True that. Good point. Still, though, it seems to be me that those people would have even more of a reason to be honest and say,”This is just okay weed.” I’m not sure how it’d benefit them to pretend that every single thing they’re growing is the be all-end all.

Or I dunno, maybe everything they’re growing is the be all-end all. I’ve liked pretty much everything I’ve ever grown well enough, with a few exceptions.

Yeah, but that’s one that I actually kind of actively disliked haha, whereas the Goji is more of a,”This weed is pretty good, it’s just not AMAZING”-type of thing. And I liked the head on that Black Triangle, I liked the way it tasted, too, but the physical elements were soooo uncomfortable… I actually sent my remaining pack-and-a-half+ to a fellow OG member a couple weeks ago, just because I knew I’d probably never revisit those seeds.

Still, like you said, there’s gotta be something there, right? Haha. I’ll let the dude I sent those seeds to be the judge… haha.

7 Likes

I have this thing… where ive been trying to get a strain that tingles my skin/body. I remember that used to be a common effect before I became a frequent consumer. Ive read a lot and theres no consensus nor science on wether its a real breedable effect or just a “feeling” some users get, specially new users.

anywho… if you go to leafly (i know, but bare with me…) Goji OG appears with tingly as its main effect. Any of you have any thoughts on this?

6 Likes

Clusterfunk made my skin feel like that. I always described it as making my skin feel “electric,” but “tingly” might be an accurate description, too haha. It always made me very aware of my skin, anyway. I don’t know if that makes any sense, but I don’t know any other way to describe it. It wasn’t an unpleasant sensation.

10 Likes

Very weird. I didn’t get any of that in my pack of BT, but my honest internal reaction was “This feels (and some smelled) like high quality dispensary weed”. Nothing out of the ordinary in effects, very strong but short lived, decent taste, very dense and frosty. First impression was ultra narcotic but I suspect I had covid or long covid during the testing as that isn’t my reaction lately. I was able to walk my dogs last night on Black Triangle without issues…

I agree with you mostly about Goji as well, except for me the flood of positivity is a fairly novel and consistent effect that is really special. Taste and aroma not so much. SunRa has that effect on me as well with better aromatics and flavor, and I would have F2d that instead were Goji not discontinued.

I pretty much only vaporize and have relatively low tolerance and I never got any of that from my Goji. Uplifting, flooding of upbeat positive thoughts, functional yet relaxing are thoughts that come to mind when I think of the majority of the Goji OGs that I enjoyed.

12 Likes

without any issues haha, i totally know what you mean, i was finally able to read a bunch of this incoherent gibberish!

10 Likes

2/3 Madre Azuls looking good, 3rd starting to crack open but appears physically deformed.

Also the bag they came in seems different than usual. Haven’t seen this used yet in any of Bodhi’s releases, but it did come in his standard purple heat sealed package from a reputable vendor. There were also 14 seeds in the bag.

Also becoming more interested in Imperial Majesty so I tried to see if I could find any info on Breedbay about the Pure OG Bodhi uses but I have real problems finding anything on that site. I did see this post after looking through Bodhi’s comments confirming the Legend OG was the same as Schmoe’s… Figured it’s slightly on topic from the discussion earlier.

I did see a few posts there and on RIU about Pure Kush Suge x 88g13hp, so wouldn’t be surprised if it was confirmed that the pure OG was different. Figure anyone reading this thread is already following @minitiger 's thread but if you have info or speculation on the pure og used it would be really interesting to hear about it.

20 Likes

These are screen-caps from the link posted in minitiger’s thread about Pure Kush / pure OG Here :

PureKush
LAPK

10 Likes

Both packs of the Zap! I ordered a while back had fifteen seeds in each of them. I just assumed it was because of the genetics, like it might be hard to find an “acceptable” indoor plant or whatever, so he loaded them up to provide us with more options, but maybe he’s just filling bags now. Maybe Mrs. B was the one who was staying on top of the seed distribution haha.

I can’t remember what color bag those seeds came in, but they might’ve been clear. I don’t wanna get into the fridge to see about it, but yeah, you always expect the green dime bags.

Stoked either way. Can’t wait to watch those.

9 Likes

Mine have all come in the little green bags on the top,

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

Goji OG F2’s are now in their stretch. Pretty happy with how they’ve bushed out for me. With the warmer weather I can’t seem to water them enough. Sometimes they need twice a day!

Thick stemmed pheno

Purple stemmed pheno

Nice structure pheno

27 Likes

Those are looking GREAT!

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Saw this posted on BreedBay. Has some info about the Wookie line beyond the smell characteristics that I was not aware of. Figured it may be helpful for others that also haven’t seen it.

24 Likes

Have yet to try a Wookie selection from bodhi they sound real nice and the terps sound :drooling_face::drooling_face:

10 Likes

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen that posted. Cool info!

I really think the Wookie would shine in extracts, as B references in the blurb. I’ve only grown one Wookie cross, but it’s definitely one I want to go back and revisit. I think I’ve got Lemon G x Wookie, and GG4 x Wookie in the fridge. It seems like people either love or hate the terps with the Wookie line, I personally thought they were super interesting in the Purple Wookie V2, but I could see why some people may be turned off by them.

The PWv2 did extract well though… when I make bubble hash at the end of all my runs, I usually just mix all the smalls and trim together and run it as one big batch in the washing machine. I remember doing this as normal, but the PWv2 ‘out-smelled’ anything else from that batch, and it’s all I could smell in the bubble.

15 Likes

SunRa (SFV) and Space Monkey (GG4) are both great in my book, was disappointed in GSC x W15 but I think that has more to do with not personally being thrilled with cookies. Don’t know enough about Roadkill Unicorn F3 in the PWv2, how did you find the effects?

The GG4 x Wookie (Space Monkey) gets tons of praise on the various forums, and in my experience it’s warranted. One of mine stood out from all the rest and was the clear favorite. I didn’t care for the photogenic lavender pheno personally. I’d consider the pine pheno one of the more special plants that I’ve seen so far. People online have told me it’s a GG4 pheno but based on my limited exposure to other GG4 crosses, rIBL & dispensary offerings I think quite a bit of Wookie is present as well and gives it the edge over them. I prefer it to all the other GG4 varieties that I’ve tried for sure…

• Extremely strong sweet pine smell
  • Frosty
  • Mellow functional & happy effects in low doses, quickly becoming disabling and feeling like a mis-dosed edible when consumed in larger quantities.

Great trichome coverage, bud structure and penetrating odor. Wonderful effects but a bit strong for my preferences as I have to be functional when I consume. Can’t think of any negatives really…

35 Likes

Yeah, I’m not really familiar with it either, so I couldn’t say which side dominated the cross. She did produce massive colas, which I’m thinking came from the RKU side.

The effects were pretty good, but nothing spectacular. They weren’t overpowering or debilitating, I remember smoking that one more during the day, because there was no crash on the high. Even when pressed to rosin, the effects didn’t become too intense, maybe just more pronounced. The flavor and smell is the thing I remember about this one for sure, the high was meh.

Your selected Space Monkey sounds GG4 dominate to me. The buds look pretty similar to how they form on GG4, and I get a lot of that pine smell from fresh GG4, but maybe your’s blended nicely with the Wookie smells. She sure is frosty though, jeez! Your description of the high sounds like how GG4 treats me, in smaller quantities I’m functional and mentally high, but higher doses will put me under. Did you keep her around, or do some chucking with her?

18 Likes