Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Redeye Jedi (skywalker og x 88g13hp ) from bodhi @oleskool830

10 Likes

6 Likes

I’m honored and humbled. Thanks for the love LZ! Have a great day today!

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Still like reading all things Goji and it’s on topic regardless, and if not it can always fall under the all encompassing “incoherent gibberish”. To me the pictures you posted kind of look like my 2017 Gojis flower structure too.

I’ll definitely post any Spirit HP info here assuming there are females available. I really don’t feel like creating another thread. GTH has interested me in the past but never felt like using any bank other than GLG at the time. Have you grown it before?

8 Likes

yup, the original by rare dankness but the feminized version, they have a list of authorized seedbanks. not sure if there are regular seeds still available.

it isnt very frosty, but its got good bag appeal, and its a bit leafy but heavy yielder. the orange/lemon smell was strong in all phenos except one (which weirdly enough smelled like absolutely nothing).

but it was the high that really impressed me - a strong , a bit euphoric non anxious sativa high. no relaxation tho.

lets hope so!

6 Likes

Beautiful Day - Wish I had a better skill-set when it came to isolating smells. Really like the smell on this one. Floral Mango Sour Strawberry comes to mind. It looks like if it were fed properly and not root-bound it would be an impressive plant. Very difficult to get a good picture of this one because of how deficient it is. Will need support for sure when flowers start to swell. No idea what Topanga pure kush looks like and it’s the first SM cross that I’ve tried.

Golden HP lower bending low, had to cable tie to a plant stake.

Golden HP - Found a male flower under a flower cluster on this plant previously not shown.

K4 x SSDD - Necrotic / dying leaves on this one. Was bone dry when I went to take a picture of it. This is in only .3 GAL of soil-less mix. Great smell that I would consider to be very much in line with the SSDD that I’ve experienced.

K4 x SSDD - Same good SSDD smell but not as strong as the other one (yet)

24 Likes

You and me both! It’s so hard for me to accurately put what I’m smelling into words. I have thought about trying one of these terpene tasting kits, http://www.terpenetastingkit.com . Not so that I can “transcribe” the smell really, but more to know which terpenes are dominate in the cultivars that I like. I mean some are pretty obvious like Terpinolene but others are more nuanced. Maybe I need to go around smelling more food, spices, or whatever to expand my sensory vocabulary.

Great looking plants for how little soil they’re in! Loving the shots with the black background too, it really makes everything pop.

12 Likes

Yep exactly. If it’s a simple or single smell like pine, lavender, skunky, rubber I don’t have too many issues but when they start blending together I don’t have that ability to pick out the carrot aroma in a complex soup so to speak. When a plant is a blend of adhesive, sweet, rubbery, gas, putrid and sharpie markers I have trouble even determining which smell is actually dominant even when I am able to isolate some noticeable smells. I considered the terpene tests as well a while back but wasn’t sure how much that would actually help when smells are blended, but it does seem like a pretty good tool. Thanks for the kind words as well!

10 Likes

So far all of the SSDD crosses that I’ve tried have had very similar smell, which I associate with SSDD. Glad I have more crosses with this dad in reserve.

K4xSSDD - Toss up between Beautiful Day and this pheno as my favorite smells overall. This one is probably my favorite at the moment. Definitely one of the best. Very small, yet frosty flowers. Crispy, necrotic leaves are prompting me to want to pull this one ASAP.

Golden HP - Very faint smells but visually attractive, frosty and dense flowers. Learned my lesson with Devil’s HP and will reserve judgement until I can actually test, but the lack of strong odor reduces my excitement at the moment. First picture is the one that had a male flower on the underside of the buds, 2nd seems fine from what I can tell.

Sunshine Queen

Foxtailing airy, and quite frosty. Smells like the K4xSSDD but not as strong. Considering it’s so deficient and further behind I’m willing to bet it would perform much better in an appropriately sized pot. Interested in trying more of these in the future when I need to scratch the SSDD itch again.

Beautiful Day -

Different spiky & slender calyx structure when compared to everything else here. Relatively strong and sharp odor. Still floral, mango and a bit offensive. Excited to see if it retains odor into the cure and if it remains a favorite. Has a look about it that I can’t capture with the camera, but I’m sure this would be quite impressive if grown well.

30 Likes

That beautiful day looks absolutely killer and sounds great after trying forest queen I’m a believer that there some real gems in those sm crosses

11 Likes

Thats been my take away so far on 3 separate SSDD crosses, while they are all different, I often smell/taste a butter/berry profile. I still pine for that butter berry pheno, perhaps one day I will smoke her again :fairy:

11 Likes

bro your posts are like art, thanks for the quality content!

10 Likes

Yeah, like I’ve said before, my Golden HP didn’t smell like much, but she tasted so, so fucking good. It was for sure one of those,”Wow, weed is so interesting…” kinda plants haha. You wouldn’t think that something that smelled like a dirty, wet rug could taste so delicious, but she did.

Everything else is looking great, too haha. I like the brighter backgrounds.

12 Likes

i think thats a 88g13 thang, not the first time i hear that about those crosses and also… it happened to me

10 Likes

Smoking on Booty as I type this and she does not disappoint, incredibly complex sweet hash inhales, but as the name implies you would next expect the taste; smells like gasoline and dogshit with a hint of vanilla.

16 Likes

Yeah, probably. I suspect that the Golden Triangle in that cross is also pretty delicious, so… Never smoked straight Golden Triangle, but it seems like it’d be pretty difficult to not find something tasty from a Triangle Kush/Appalachia cross. The one Golden HP plant I grew seemed to lean more to the TK side, as far as flavors were concerned and just judging from everything I’ve read about TK.

11 Likes

Oh yeah, I definitely had your review in the back of my mind when typing that as well as my first experience with Devils HP. Still when I go in the tent the least interesting thing to interact with for me is that what smells less than everything else. Everything can change and it may turn out to be my favorite when all is said and done. I like the look of the one which had a male flower too.

On a side note I’ve been thinking about that master list that @VAhomegrown posted & the comment by nube in the bodhi thread earlier. The speculation that the W15 Male is potentially either retired or out of commission makes me glad that I have a few backup packs of both Devil’s HP and SunRa.

Devils Hashplant(DiabloOG x 88g13/hp)=12*
Sun Ra(SFVOG x Wookie15)=60*

So far 2/3 of the Spirit HPs were showing male preflowers and were culled. The lanky plants actually started to fill out and look very desirable. Hoping the last one is a female. We’ll see what happens with time and space if not.

Interesting to hear about similar experiences. Personally I like the smell in the SSDD crosses and it seems like it’s halfway between a 88g13hp cross and a w15 cross in terms of odor strength. This makes 3 different crosses for me as well (but very low numbers) : K4xSSDD, GG4xSSD and SSQ. What other 2 have you tried other than SSQ? That Chem 91 SVA x SSDD picture bytheKasiz posted earlier looks incredibly good to me. Interesting to read about the Snuggle Funk being low odor too while on the topic of 88g crosses and odor.

Have you found (m)any phenos from 88g13hp crosses with ultra high odor yet? I think for me it’s only been a Congo Pine x 88g13HP and the Devil’s HP on its 2nd run. Like everyone else is saying there are some very good flavors in the line for sure.

12 Likes

i found a cluster funk with dead on lawrys seasoning salt smell, and total opposite tase of straight blueberry cheesecake, it was magical! the buds were ugly and dark brown, big and leafy, the hollyweed had a kushy powdered milk smell and a gnarly deep garlic smoke, loved both!

10 Likes

Goji F2’s have been flowering about 7 weeks now. Have been very easy plants to grow. I’ve been plucking off leaves with PM here and there, but it hasn’t really exploded on me. Seems to be how it goes in my yard if I’m paying attention. Starting adding some silica to their water once a week per @ElGalloBlanco 's advice. They all seem to have to be fairly similar in terms of smells. Pine, berry, and licorice are the most dominant smells. They seem to be the strongest smelling early in the morning. I’m thinking 2/3 will be done at the end of September. There are some really skillfully taken photos in this thread, so bear with these.

Group:

Stretchy Pheno. This one has small berry like little nugs. A mix of pine and berry smells. Probably a week or more behind the other.

Nice Structure Pheno/ The Flopper. She is the faintest smelling of the three plants. Scents of berry coming from her. She has really begun chonking out and I think will be the first to finish, mainly due to fear of bud rot. I bet she could easily go longer than ten weeks if I had the patience. She’s my favorite of the three phenos.

Purple Stem Pheno. This one has the hardest to pin down scent. I’m saying sweet licorice right now. She is starting to get a little purple to her buds too. Also getting some nice thick buds on her, but she has the thickest stems of the three and I haven’t tied her to her stakes yet as she is fully supporting herself still.

28 Likes

Beautiful @Greasy I’m just imaging you out in your front yard taking all these pictures.

8 Likes