Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Awesome pictures, thanks for posting! That whole area looks so mellow and cool with the border plants and all that. To me it sounds like that first picture resembles the mothers odor, which starts off berry and finishes without any detectable berry (by me at least). Pine and licorice sounds like a pretty decent description from memory, better than I could do at least. That last picture looks like it’s at least starting to frost up for you too.

6 Likes

Thank you! It’s hard to keep outdoor plants as frosty with all the spraying and manhandling I do to them so my grow won’t be the best representation of frost potential with these. I think they are doing great!

7 Likes

Nice plants. Thanks for the report, looking forward to hearing how they smoke.
Peace

5 Likes

Picture update.

Loving the smell and intensity on this K4xSSDD.This is only in about .3Gal of soil (.4 pot not filled to the top). Very tiny flowers but they smell really good. I feel like it’s about ready, especially with the crispy leaves. Any thoughts?

Another K4xSSDD about a week or so behind also in .3 GAL

Golden HP - 1 GAL

Another Golden HP - .3 GAL

Sunshine Queen - 1 GAL

Beautiful Day - .3 GAL - Smell is getting more offensive as it ripens. Excited to try this one.

29 Likes

Everything looks solid as a rock and ready to go, going to be some stoney bud for sure.

It looks to be infected with some fungus especially considering the sister plant below it which looks to be thriving. Ive seen it said before about necrotic twisted leaves. Read some research journals to corroborate, and while I cant be entirely sure your exact conditions, if it were me I would isolate that plant while drying with frequent up close checks. Its happened to me a little too much recently and I am still going through some fusarium woes…

9 Likes

That was definitely in the back of my mind when it appeared as well. Hasn’t really progressed since it started but that doesn’t really mean anything either. The desiccation & necrosis started after an extreme wilting and I just chalked it up to that ever since and ignored it because I’ve been so busy lately. I think you’re probably correct though.

Pretty favorable for a fungal infection. This particular plant dried out to extreme wilting a few times and I left about 3/4 of an inch of water in the saucer because I wasn’t going to be around to water for a few days. Ventilation and air circulation are very poor in this particular area that the plant in question is located and it was quite literally sitting in water for a good amount of time.

Thanks for the input, I’ll probably pull it tomorrow if I have the time!

9 Likes

Everything looks great!

I think that first one with the crispy leaves is done, but the rest look like they could go another week+. I’d love to see how the K4 x SSDD would do in a lot more soil. :deciduous_tree: It doesn’t look to me like any pathogens have infected it, just that it’s hungry and been a month+ since it had any nutrition after the extreme dryback. :slight_smile:

The Golden HP gave you phenos that lean towards different parents. That one is obviously HP, and the other looks a lot more like the Golden Triangle. Both look great.

:peace_symbol: :seedling:

15 Likes

man… i used to flood my trays too, didn’t work for me at all!

7 Likes

Another picture update. Loving how everything looks all things considered. It’s amazing how effortless it is to find quality in Bodhi’s work. Stress free gardening knowing one can always find something good again. Can only think of one bad cross that I’ve tried and it was a freebie (L OG x SL).

Beautiful Day

Golden HP - this pheno looks great in person. Shame the male flower was found on it. Still really like this pheno regardless. Developing a good generic smell to it.

Golden HP - this one is looking great in person as well, but I like the other one a bit more. The other one smells stronger as well.

K4xSSDD - This cross in general seems attractive so far. Small flowers but that might be because of the soil limitation.

Sunshine Queen - Frost becoming more apparent in person. Whispy / airy / foxtailing flowers but still has a common look with the other SSDD crosses that I’ve tried.

Beautiful Day Lower bud

27 Likes

Man, that Sunshine Queen looks like she’s really progressed since the last round of pics. I love plants like that, that look like they’re gonna take another four or five weeks and then all of a sudden, fourteen days later, they’re done haha. Not saying that SSQ is done, I’m just sayin’…

Everything’s looking real good, though. I’m so looking forward to hearing what you think of those Golden HP’s.

7 Likes

Thanks, I’m excited to try it too! If it weren’t for the male flower on that first pheno I would actually try to reveg it. Still am considering it but probably won’t. As far as the physical & structural traits go it ranks really high for me among all the others.

8 Likes

I feel like I’ve read that sometimes second runs of plants that produced a male flower or two on the first run didn’t do that in subsequent grows. But since you have more of those seeds, I guess just trash it haha. No point risking it.

7 Likes

She could be the bell of the ball also and never find her again. It’s happened to me .

7 Likes

Looking good. I agree on revegging the Golden HP pheno you’re excited about, especially since you gave them a lot of stress. Or make F2 to look through?

Speaking of that Golden HP, do we know who’s cut of Golden Triangle he used for this cross? Was it tman4242’s cut? This is it:

That’s the one I was thinking your first Golden HP pheno took after.

:sun_with_face:

28 Likes

Ooh those look like TK leaner :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

When Bodhi sent that tester list out a few years back, he didn’t mention that it was any specific Golden Triangle cut; it just said “Golden Triangle x ‘88G13HP.” But holy-fucking-shit, those pics of tman4242’s GT plants are mighty impressive…

I think it was almost exactly three years ago that the seeds from that tester list got sent out, but those Golden HP seeds weren’t released until what? Like last 4/20? Or was it earlier? Time is a flat circle, it’s hard to remember, but it did seem like there was a decent amount of time, at least two years, between when the testers were sent out and when the seeds were finally released. So maybe? Maybe he switched it up used that tman cut instead of the GT he used in the initial tester round.

syzygy’s nugs look a lot like mine did, but having only grown the one female, I dunno.

8 Likes

It’s happened to me too with SunRa which failed a reveg. 3 packs later and I haven’t found the pheno again. Luckily the other phenos were quite good too, just not as desirable physical traits haha.

That second picture looks so amazing. I think if I found a pheno like that I would have started reveg on it by day 45-50 haha.

I’m not opposed to making F2s of active lines to sort through but would probably do it with a different cross like Devil’s HP or SunRa if I were to go that route. I don’t have any concrete immediate plans for making seeds so having an unstable plant isn’t the end of the world I guess.

To me the main takeaway from this is just the abundance of quality plants that you can find with Bodhi’s gear. Helps promote a more care-free attitude as opposed to worrying about finding say the Sun Ra “keeper” pheno again.

Ya ever since @nube 's post about each GHP leaning towards a different parent I’ve been thinking the majority of my Black Triangles were heavily 88g13hp dominant. Most of them looked like that GHP pheno. The one that may have been TK leaning failed to reveg (as usual). I forget, did your GHP resemble my unstable pheno or the more HP looking one?

7 Likes

wow, and yes

3 Likes

That one. That’s the second one pictured above, correct? Mine had rounder nugs, like the second one. The first one pictured seems more “pointy,” which mine definitely wasn’t. I think structurally, mine leaned more HP, but flavor-wise (and probably high-wise, too), mine leaned way more to the TK-side.

7 Likes

Yeah the 2nd Golden HP picture, 3rd picture down total. I’m assuming it’s HP dominant at least. Most of the Black Triangle phenos looked and smelled very similar. Looks like it has many characteristics that dispensaries would value, but I like the traits a little more on the first picture which isn’t as dense nor as large. Both look good to me regardless.

8 Likes