Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

You light up those budz very nice! I’d like to light up those very nice budz!!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Grow4th!!!

4 Likes

I’m not very good at extracting information from the search feature, and was unable to find pictures of your Goji flowering other than day 40. I feel like I’ve definitely seen a picture before in your thread though. Was a bit interested now to compare them because I assumed you had one of the berry-dominant phenos for some reason. This Goji is only berries early on, then completely changes smell. Interested to see how the testers describe the smell, because it’s definitely present in the F2s. I don’t detect any berries at all at maturation or in cure.

You saying that your pheno puts you to sleep if consumed in excess is just another bit of data that suggests to me that we likely do have very similar phenotypes. The Goji mom in this project doesn’t induce sleep, but I’m definitely able to sleep on it which is odd given how functional and activity neutral it is. Interested to see what rate the co-op participants find this pheno when / if they do sensi runs.

More pictures of the mom.

38 Likes

Had to screenshot these from my Instagram

Full plant shot I had

Mine is berry dominant throughout and if you take her at 9 weeks she kept that berry smell through cure but with the funky skunky spicy shemusk perfume dryer sheet Kush taste.

34 Likes

WOW! Those are some really nice close up shot.

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

Yeah I do see a bit of similarities in the bud structure, some differences as well. Yours look to be heavier yielders in my opinion with more internodal space. Hard to speak definitively when limited to single stem / lollipopping experience though.

8 Likes

Very excited to help test these F2s! Will be following along

6 Likes

Awesome work @syzygy praying that the headache/ migraine reduction Carrie’s through. Would be an absolute god send for my wife.

7 Likes

Couldn’t switch to “watching” fast enough! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::v:t2:

6 Likes

going back a bit to the photos…
@syzygy you could lower your Fstop quite a bit and get more out of your lighting and not notice too much fall off of DOF. I noticed your at F22 , I would think with F10-13 you could keep all points you want in focus and get twice the light power

Edit: forgot to mention how nice they are! Well done. I have yet to set up my cameras for photographing my grow. Still using my phone :confused:

7 Likes

Is there anything else I’d gain from widening the aperture? With the canvas there really isn’t a background to blur. I really like how the background easily disappears @ higher f stops. Does it have to do with diffraction or something? I still am manually paint brushing the background black in GIMP to avoid any micro-detail from the canvas increasing file-size. At these settings I’m only using the flash at like 1/16th or 1/32 power to avoid a light bleaching effect. Will try some more at various f/stops if I have enough free time with the least impressive pheno yet to be photographed later on. Love the feedback and suggestions by the way, as a novice it gives me more things to mess around with and try out, thanks!

9 Likes

another gain is the shutter speed with this, although it doesnt look like you have too much trouble with movement, the wider the aperture the faster your shutterspeed can be. This helps with movement from fans etc.
It will also increase your contrast from bg to subject so you may not have to do so much painting in post on the bg.
You can always flag your light as well, so it is only hitting the subject and not spilling onto the bg, that may help keep it darker back there.

to be clear, it doesnt look like you need help with the pgotography lol. they are stellar, just thought i could clear up a few details maybe

are you shooting in RAW or JPG?

8 Likes

Raw + JPG but I don’t have lightroom so all of these images are from JPG. Not really big on the whole cloud-subscription apps so I’m using GIMP + Darktable to open raw files. Haven’t figured out good settings for Darktable (yet), but eventually will get there.

7 Likes

Not familiar with either of those unfortunately, I’m in Adobe land.
The raw will get you much more data to work in the post processing though. But again unfamiliar with how those apps work.

Best way to learn is to just do, right? Your doing great!
There is no try, do or do not. Yoda :joy:

9 Likes

Most unattractive pheno @ F9 aperture. Smaller, very dense and leafier flowers. Weaker aroma than the others as well. Also discovered a banana when inspecting an F22 shot.

A few weeks ago there was a power outage that dramatically disrupted the light-cycle, as well as affected when the timer triggered on/off. Not sure if that was the trigger or if it’s destined to throw bananas at the end, but it’s an unfortunate discovery nonetheless. Haven’t seen anything on any of the other phenos but trim will offer a better chance at inspection.

c800d5736447f96858ad0b6e797c5b10e913fd8a

22 Likes

Some Olympus TG shots. Handheld, no tripod used and got pretty clear trichome shots… f18 / 100ISO

30 Likes

Very nice photography. The side lighting is a nice touch.

8 Likes

I’d bet you might get interesting macro detail on those trichomes with a tripod and a long exposure.

5 Likes

with the Olympus TG I’m using the camera’s integrated flash so that may complicate things. Plus the working distance is basically directly on top of the flower so tripods just make things awkward with it. I love it for checking trichs though, takes almost no time to get good enough shots to judge ripeness. I think the working distance for trichome shots is 1cm approximately.

14 Likes

I just read the specs on that camera. That’s a good one. Are you using the Microscope mode?

6 Likes

No, and to the best of my knowledge I’m unable to change aperture in that mode, with the camera constantly adjusting on its own. It does have integrated focus stacking / bracketing too in microscope mode, but I haven’t played around enough with either to know whether or not they’re worthwhile.I doubt the integrated Focus Stacking is as good as a manual dslr stack. Since you need to use a tripod for stacking / bracketing I haven’t really given it a fair chance. I just use Aperture Priority mode.

11 Likes