Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Hey @syzygy those Olympus shots are great! I’ve got the TG5 too, inconsistent results on my end outside of using a portable light studio for stuff like bud shots, glass etc. you seem to have it pretty dialed!

7 Likes

Thanks guys… gleaning bits of info here! May have to pull out the nikon!

5 Likes

Thanks! I got the camera used at a local camera store and got a really good deal thankfully. Also came with an FD-1 (Flash Diffuser) which makes the closeup shots much easier.

These aren’t my pictures but gives an idea of how useful the attachment is for the extreme closeups.

If you already have one seems like a great idea. What kind of nikon / flash setup do you have available?

8 Likes

I bought a d3100 few years back to take guitar photos. Couple lenses, dont make me lie and think I even remeber what they are. Only onboard flash. I didnt get too deep. Wanted to learn what I have without adding the $. Kids in sports so the flash was not priority. Makeshift black box and whatever lights available, sheets etc. Very amature having fun. Played with lightroom very little. All photos in a drawer on sd cards. Outta sight outta mind I suppose!

5 Likes

Nice! You have a better selection of lenses available to you with F mount than these Z series I believe. Only reason I went down the external flash wormhole was because this camera didn’t come with a flash. Makeshift blackbox is something I should try later on for dried flower shots, thanks for the idea!

5 Likes

I just got something similar to that diffuser for mine not too long ago, it’s whatever Olympus makes but I think it’s more of a ring light, I haven’t quite seen an improvement in the photo quality yet. Can I ask you what you use for side/fill lighting and backdrops if anything?

7 Likes

I actually bought the LED ring light and returned it because I was very dissatisfied with it. I believe you can’t even use the flash with it, just the ring light. The LG-1 Body covers the actual flash.

LG1 I think it was called
light

The FD1 works differently, it disperses, redirects closer to the lens and diffuses the actual flash like a soft box. I don’t use anything else with the Olympus, just tight aperture (F18, ISO 100, EV -2)

Interesting comparison video :

6 Likes

That’s the exact thing I got, have not noticed a bit of difference with it either! That video is super helpful, im going to have to try those settings, probably look into that diffuser too. thanks for sharing those tips

3 Likes

Just an update, I thought I had a TG5 but looking at it I realized it is a TG6. I’m pretty sure there’s no functional difference between the 2 but it’s possible that Focus Mode: AF Super Macro isn’t available in Aperture Priority mode on TG5s. I apologize if the incorrect identification caused any confusion :

Using back scatter recommended settings for a strobe with FD1. It’s not as bright as a strobe but the settings work fine in my experience.

bscat

5 Likes

Nice, yea I just discovered after searching for the FD-1 that the TG6 was even a thing! Haha. I’m still kicking the tires on this TG5 years after buying it. I took photography classes in school but it was more in service of understanding composition and lighting etc. the mechanics of taking a good photo still escape me. I work as a graphic designer and routinely art direct shoots, I know what a good photo looks like but I need someone else to set the camera parameters and lighting etc. But I’m gradually trying to school up a little at a very slow moving pace

7 Likes

I do like incoherent gibberish we Scots excell at that :joy:

7 Likes

Good to see you here posting @syzygy

3 Likes

Didn’t even realise :joy: Aye aye @syzygy

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping in everyone. Tried some 2017 Goji F2 (no cure) last night in the vaporizer and it was pretty good actually. Doesn’t have anything to do with these 2021 F2s but gives me hope. Will try to post a quick review later if I have time to pull out the camera(s).

On an other note @Kami has started a test of Goji F2 & SSDD (BubbaShine) x Goji here if anyone’s interested :

14 Likes

Greetings @syzygy! I did some 12/12 from seed runs years ago. What size container do you use for 12/12 from seed? I’ve also got some Goji OG on deck.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

It really depends on a whole host of variables. I’m using “living soil”, but if you’re using soluble feed you could easily get away with less media.

I’ve done the 5 1/2" 0.4 Gal that fit 8 to a tray , and had very satisfactory results with some Granola Funk F2s and Granola Funk crosses. With other cultivars, like Goji this wouldn’t nearly be enough in my opinion.

These current Goji F2s are in 7"x7"x9" pots. I believe the manufacturer claims they hold 1.3 gallons but they’re probably closer to 1 GAL or 4QTs. It’s really the bare minimum that I’d be comfortable with and would think 9" pots would probably be much safer. Always a balance between space efficiency and having adequate media though.

9 Likes

2017 Goji (not the same F2 as first few posts) - no cure - early impressions.

Blissful, relaxing, mellow. Quality effects, and surprisingly strong after taste. Given how easily this F2 pairing throws male flowers there’s no point in ever exploring the line again. Can easily get similar effects, stronger odor, and stability from another line like Bodhi’s Sunra.

There’s an abundance of immature seeds. I hand pollinated this with Goji F1 pollen, but am unsure if they are from that or a neighboring 2017 Goji F2 which expressed intersex traits early on. Because of this, any seeds that were allowed to mature would have been as good as birdseed anyways.

22 Likes

Thinking this is about ready. I’d estimate they are around day 63-65. Some patches of amber on some calyxes, majority clear/cloudy.

26 Likes

Beautiful.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Forgot I wanted to attempt a reveg on this and remembered right after it was cut down haha. Oh well, mothers just limit ability to explore new stuff anyways and can always try to find a different high calyx-leaf ratio pheno again.

Fan leaves getting crispy on the last remaining F2 so that is an indicator to me that it’s time…

28 Likes