InTheWoods Journal

You know its special when you drive 2.5 hrs for it. :joy:

Thats a great story, He couldn’t resist that smell once you sparked that up. I bet after tasting it he was secretly searching for cookies to smoke haha.

It’s a love/hate relationship with those memories of specific batches for me. I always equate the name with those nostalgic batches and usually doesn’t match up to the one from memory. Some are over the top smoke and others are lacking in one department or the other.

1 Like

Tastes like sugar coffee cake from gas station and then kush. never stops getting me high. adaptogenic as I can wake up or fall asleep on it. i think i figured it out after 3-4 months of almost everyday use… The TK is what comes through the most in the buzz (og type uplifting buzz) but the durban/cookies side gives it the longevity, vibrancy and creativity… I would advice that too much can really cause delay and or heavy intoxication. No ceiling and a really long time to build a tolerance. I have 15 ICC #5 S1’s and I hope to grow them sometime within the next year. I dont like many cookies crosses either. Just also Rainbow Beltz because the OG face melt really shines through.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted some beans for a couple years now but never came across any yet, crosses but no just ICC, after reading this I’m even more intrigued as I build a tolerance quite easy/quick to most strains and I love the wake up or put me to bed option too
@CocoaCoir

2 Likes

I really am a coffee addict so this and Gary payton are my favorite morning smokes. Pairs so well together. Wedding cake and Gelato 33 are great smokes alone too.

Lately since I’ve been going these local events. I’ve noticed the common theme of Wedding Cake crosses or Runtz and Rainbow.
I haven’t tried Rainbow Beltz or seen it around. I may have to get some if it comes around.

I know someone that has Rainbow Beltz 3.0 I may try in the future as he loves it as one of his top washers.

Here’s a picture of it.

Yea same, I find myself the same situation. Love the smoke/taste/smell so much and end up going for it every time.

5 Likes

Ironically Gary Payton is the other cookie strain I’ve been looking for :laughing:

3 Likes

Haha yea same. At this rate I will need about 5 tents for my true ambitions. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What about Cereal milk? I hear that’s also another great tasting smoke. Is that apart of the cookie family?

2 Likes

Ya it’s a cookie thing. Probably get shit for saying this from someone but I think cereal milk is just an FPOG -Fruity Pebbles OG pheno ripped off. (For Real :man_facepalming:t2:)

2 Likes

Very interesting. I have an FPOG x Animal cookie cross going right now. The Sweets from Greenpoint.
It should probably taste similar to Cereal milk if that’s true.

Who found FPOG pheno?

1 Like

Alien Genetics if I’m not mistaken created it . And @JAWS has kept it alive and out there since
IMG_4788

2 Likes

Definitely could taste similar , be interesting to see

@TopShelfTrees1 Awesome! I’ve seen many others in his thread that just look incredible. I will get some gear from him soon. I want to run some next year.

1 Like

Up potting begins. :grin:

2 Likes

Switched to 11/13 lighting for the flowering tent.

All up potted in their final pots with labels. Excluding Odisha.

Odisha will stay in smaller pots throughout the run. Starting in Solo cup to quart to half gal and end in 1 gallon. Utilizing @Upstate techniques to keep them small and manageable. Topping/training along the way.

I raised the lights for more coverage and increased power from 60% to 100%.

5x5
Temps at 76.6F
Humidity at 69%

10 Likes

Atta boy brotha!

2 Likes

Good luck @InTheWoods. Probably couldn’t hurt to put tiny piles of food at the bottom of the next containers to buy you more time in them. I love pelletized chicken poo for Sativas. I top dress with it too. For your small container, just a teaspoon. For the next two, scale up to a tablespoon. 555 dry organic or lower #'s work well too. You’ll have enough plant for seed and smoke I think, even in the small containers.

4 Likes

Thanks!
I didn’t even think about that, I have chickens and plenty of fresh chicken manure around. It’s probably still too hot to use. That’s a great tip for the future. I get some before I move them into the next container.

That would be cool to have some smoke from it too but really want the seeds :grin:

1 Like

You should be able to make 100-200 seeds on the bottom branches, I’d think. Depends how many you want.
Here is what I use. $20 for a 25lb bag and a little feeding lasts around 3-4 weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the picture. I have to go to tractor supply today for chicken feed and pine shavings. I will get a bag of this too.

I plan on open pollenating the Odisha so I won’t be able to selectively pollenate bottom branches.
I will try to collect some pollen from the Affie for future uses too. So I probably will end up with a 500 + seeds. Plenty to give away then.

1 Like

@Upstate love this idea brother👊🏻 genious! Morning @InTheWoods hope you are having a great morning

3 Likes

Morning @TopShelfTrees1 :coffee:
Hope it isn’t as humid where you are at. It’s pretty brutal out at 87%

Just watered the ladies and enjoying some hash while gawking at them. :sunglasses:

8 Likes