InTheWoods Journal

It was part of last year’s fall box. Was uprangewilly the one what made them beans?

1 Like

Nice, Ill have to take a look. I wasnt on OG yet. That would be sweet if it was for a nice glimpse of whats on the horizon.

Thanks guys! I just started germing 3 auto flower seeds, alien rock candy, Tropicana poison and Girl Scout cookies. Buying my buddys extra 600w light and cooking them up
With that

3 Likes

The fall box one was a big ass collaboration. I can’t remember who but someone had like 6-8 packs (yes serious) and sent them to as many members to do a big ass combined repro. Was pretty damn cool! Good morning guys!

3 Likes

Good morning brotha, A quick glance at that sign up list and thats a one hell of a fall box. :sunglasses:

"Goji OG F2 Crowd Source Project (8 breeders)"

Damn 8 people really? Thats a true team effort! Did you get any?

4 Likes

Yezzir I did. I even got some f1 cuts. My mentor still has them actually.

3 Likes

Hell yea brotha! Off to work now but,
How long has Goji been a thing? I can say I only heard of it from joining on here.

3 Likes

No. I did not make the Goji box seeds. Mine are from a pack I had and made seeds from.

The mother plant I used and still have, has long internode spacing and she gets floppy. And she has dark purple, almost black stems. Smells and tastes of ripe berries. I really can’t remember what the father/s where like, but most likely less stretchy.

8 Likes

Those are some good looking plants. I’m also digging your set up. You have any more pictures of that?

4 Likes

The first time I really heard of Goji OG myself was probably around 2015 or 16 back home in California, before I met my wife and moved out here to Florida.

I’m nearly sure it’s older than that. Bodhi has been around for a good bit, but in recent years his popularity has definitely skyrocketed from when I originally heard about him, which I’ve always thought was due to him doing things his way, and not necessarily following trends of other breeders and pollen chuckers. And him always being so positive and open to working with so many people helps as well.

Just thought I’d throw that out there. But I’m sure someone who has been following Bodhi longer than I have can correct me on its approximate original release date.

3 Likes

I will get some up later today when my lights come on.

1 Like

2015-2016 sounds about right. That’s around when I started researching Bodhi strains and the same two names kept coming up. SSDD and Goji OG. I bought a pack of each and got a free pack of sour butter x 88g13hp and it says “ 2017 love gift”.

These are one of my oldest packs. I recently started three seeds just to see if they would still pop. All three are about 3 weeks old and doing great. I will pop the remaining seven seeds soon to repro.

6 Likes

Got my Goji OGs in 2015 and by then it was common knowledge the Snow Lotus mom was retired. Like you I picked up SSDD , GOJI and a few others too. A few years ago I made Goji F2s & SSDD (bubbashine pheno) x Goji. Only tried the Goji F2s and they were pretty nice, so I’m excited to see what you find in those!

Goji F2s

7 Likes

I’m glad the old bodhi gem germed for you. Still have some GOJI F1’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I recently popped the last of my Goji F1 pack. I got four healthy plants out of like seven seeds. Two are female and two are male. I pollinated the two females a few days ago.
I haven’t even grown any of the Goji f2 I made years ago. I really need to do that soon.

4 Likes

I have a couple pucks I got in trades from a few members of the Goji F2, I really want to get to those as soon as I have room.

I’ve never heard anything but good about both it’s growth and effects. If anyone isn’t happy with it, it probably just isn’t their cup of tea.

4 Likes

I bought it once in pure form and grew one hybrid of it and I think that it is great at the right dosage but certain phenos can be a nightmare at high doses. It goes from warm feeling in the chest and everything is great and looks so vibrant to HOLY SHIT MY FACE IS GOING TO COME OFF AND WHY DID I STEP ON THAT ANT IN 1987???

3 Likes

Oh hell no. I won’t be smoking any of this then. That’s the one thing I look out for in weed is the spiraling thoughts effect. I tend to go deep and its not a fun time for me. Thanks for the heads up man.

2 Likes

Not all phenos are like this. Bodhi says his favorite plant would be either a Guatemalan he had in the 90s or a good goji. So there’s hope out there.
Here’s his cut x appy.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds and appears to be heavily snow lotus leaning. Looks a bit like the SL female picture from Cannavore’s icmag thread even. Very cool!

I only encountered that devastating potency once in my pack of Goji F1s. The really special phenos (to me) were extremely uplifting, calm, and promoted clear thinking. The mother I used for my F2s had this trait but it was not present in every F2. Not sure about the fall box but I’m sure there’s lots of good stuff hidden in those seeds.

The 2 best uplifting phenos of my pack both appeared to have a lot of nepali OG influence -

mother of 2021 F2s

Will find a picture of the devastating potency Goji later but it looked more like a hybrid pheno to me. In my opinion it’s still worth sorting through the seeds you have.

9 Likes