InTheWoods Journal

I would hate to see my electricity bill haha

3 Likes

You’re telling me. I want to add another tent for pollen chucking but the rates have been going up a lot in the winter, so I’ll have to do some research.

3 Likes

@JustANobody check online to see what the peak usage hours are for your area. I’ve somewhat started scheduling my lights around it here. I’ve saved maybe a couple dollars or so, it was just awkward having lights on at 7 pm :joy::joy:

1 Like

Nice! That would be perfect.

I’m trying to find that sweet spot.
Instead of starting then solo cups. I’ve been thinking about just starting them in 1 gallons. Up pot into 2 gallon before flip, 3 gallons after finding the females.

Mainly to avoid the Taproot from getting bound up in the pint/solo cup.
I noticed when the taproot can really it in my friends plants when he just planted in his 2 gallons and let them be for the whole grow.

2 Likes

I run flower at night already but we don’t get off peak pricing :frowning:

3 Likes

Im not using the seed tray anymore, that things bad news bears. I seem to have better results using quart containers. So that’s what I’ll be doing from now on :joy:

I was thinking another way of doing it is to save the high wattage for flower only. 100w-200w for a seedling/veg/clone/mother tent. Enough to grow and keep alive

Same. Its a flat fee. Typically the delivery charge is more than my usage. Its ridiculous.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, currently running a 5 x 5 for flower, and a 3 x 3 for veg, but I want to add a 2 x 4 for some other stuff as well.

Pretty much want to fill my house up but like you mentioned, I gotta stay on top of the electric cost and keep it decent hopefully even if it’s on the high end a little bit

2 Likes

Same issue we have. I “switched” to a different provider but the delivery is still ridiculous.

1 Like

You have the same setup as I do, and I’m also looking for a 2x4 for chucking. That’s funny.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike lol

I’m outta likes, but this is me liking all the posts.

2 Likes

@JustANobody Seems like the ultimate setup. we’d need a drying tent too.

1 Like

Good morning brotha! And Otha brothas! Have u seen ac infinity has 1/2 g and 1 g fabrics now, I’m not a big fan of fabrics but I was thinking of picking a bunch up when I get a chance. My biggest problem is I need like a minimum of 40 of everything or I’d probs have some already.

2 Likes

This is what I need to do, been driving me nuts though thinking if I want to or not in fact

Got a 4x4 for that in the other room. Haaaa. I find if I flower the 5x5 when I break the plants down they fit just fine, I’m curious to see if I can fit 6 whole plants this time, we are running the wood stove at night and that just sucks the humidity out of everything so I have to slow it down in the winter and help speed it up in the summer.

1 Like

:coffee: I have not seen those. I thought i’d like the fabric pots but I think im not really sure. They dry back really quick.

Yea I hear that man.

1 Like

I totally stopped fabric pots. I have so many sitting here. But plastic pots just seem to keep the root ball happier

2 Likes

I’m not sure how durable these are or if they’re even worth the money, but these 50 packs are only $9.99 USD

I’m not sure if they ship to Canada but I thought I’d see if you saw these yet.

2 Likes

Those bags are cool. I have a pack of some left. They work pretty well for starter pots, you just drop them into the bigger containers

1 Like