Intro to me and my black candyland grow

Edit, the temps are still pretty cold overnight, its been getting to 16 Celsius. This is because the tent is in my basement and it gets pretty drsfty down there. I cover up the plants in a humidity dome overnight most nights, but i am sure the plants dont like it too much.

Other than that, things are perfect. No bugs, no real issues.

Will be repotting them this week, the roots are already curling around the base of the solo cups

5 Likes

Sorry that was intended for eagles009

1 Like

Thus is my first grow in straight promix and i gotta say, i really like it. Its functioning the same as coco, but holds water much better so far.

Had excellent root development, so i put them into 3 gallon plastic bags. Going to veg them another 3 weeks or so and then sex them and take some clones.

The little ones have a nice kushy kinda smell and they are very branchy. I have seen branches come out the area the cotylidons are located, but never so early. This is a good sign, i prefer branchy plants so i can do scrog type things.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Posted those photos and then promptly forgot about them lol.

Growthwise, I am not the happiest with the rate of the plants. I think I should have fed them a little more aggressively, and i wish it werent the winter, as its cold and pretty dry in the basement. When thigns are going, I am sticking to 24-26 degrees and about 80% humidity , but that drops to 16 or 17 degrees and low 30% humidity, and that swing is a little drastic.

the plants have some variation in leaf structure, some with the larger broader indica shape and a more middle of the way leaf. I already have some 11 blade leaflets, which I take as a good indicator of plant health. bro science i know, but bro hear me out…

structure while the plants are all very short and squat, big thick “leathery” dark green texture with only one displaying more stretch. i am placing a bet its a male, just based on its look.

Topped all the plants a few days ago, and probably shouldn’t have done that. MY thoughts on topping are try not to do it when possible and instead just do lst/hst on branches and tops, not really a reason for this i just enjoy the challenge of trying to make a plant more malleable thru other ways than topping. I think a good 80 degree tilt on a plant can do wonders and a plant has a quicker response to cause auxins to go to 2ndary limbs without having to actually cut the plant and damage it, while ultimately accomplishing the same goal.
But once topped, cant stopped so on we go, from now on itll be tieing down the plant. although if they are so classic heavy indica growth structure in that they are slow and not the most inclined to bush out, these plants may be better served as clones for a sea of green style grow where they are just totem pole buds.

smells developping, not the best with descriptions of smell, but its got a nice kushy weed smell.

I really enjoy pics 7-9 i just posted because they show a new feature to me, a broadleaf so broad and aggressive it is pushing one blade below the rest, so its peaking behind. bro c’mon, cutesie wutesie

3 Likes

Tied everything down. Seeing 1 plant woth male preflowers, nothing on the other yet.

Definitely have a more narrow leaf variety that grows a little more vigorously, keeoing an eye on it

5 Likes

I popped 4 and ended up with 1 female and it’s narrow leaf for sure. Only slightly wider than Congo hazes at the moment.

1 Like

just finished a run with JOTI black candyland

ended up with a little over a Qp from 3 plants fixin to start up some trilogy

7 Likes

What did you think about it in terms lf potency and effect?

Before and after some defoliation

6 Likes

Still growing slow, i think i might have been over watering them slightly (adjusting to straight promix) and maybe at too high of strength. So backing off both for a bit. Plan to veg for 2 more weeks or so.

Killed 3 males, just did a defoliation and cut some clones. Plants are still very short and dont really wanna go up at all, just bushing out.

Bummed at the issue, i was hoping they would be almost twice as big as they are. O well, learning as we go.

My phone pictures are too much to upload. I was uploading lots of pics earlier, any advice?

5 Likes

Got some catnip for free at a local hydro store, keeping it in the tent for safety. Sweet deal

The lady who gave it to me was saying her neighbour plans to grow her own catnip and get a free cat lol. Getting some poor street cat hooked on catpiates

6 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

Looks like you’re on the right track. Sometimes my plants seem slow in veg, sometimes it’s me but other times I’m sure it’s the plant.
You can see all the branchy growth, when they get bigger and you flip to flower you’re going to alot of thinning to do! They will blow up! Pretty mine has grown a couple more inches but based on the bud set I think its topped out now. Doubled in height at least for sure.
Before week 3 the resin starts to form!

I put some catnip out last year, damn neigh orhood cat stripped it right down to nothing. Not even enough to grow back. I hate that cat, I spray it with a water bottle anytime it’s on my property. My cats hate it too lol

2 Likes

I grew some peach hashplant x coljam in the last harvest and it was very vigorous stuff, leaned hard to the coljam side. I lost contact with the person who made them and am hoping i can find them again. The plants more than tripled in size and the smoke was like a mild acid come up. The stuff reminded me of how i have heard the classic nl 5/ haze crosses were in the nineties. Really special smoke.
Next winter i am going to run them again and do an open pollination.

I decided to go for something new in the candylands, because i like a deep kushy smoke.
But their grow style is quite different from the coljam cross

Its reassuring to hear how much yours grew in the intial stretch, that always worries me in my defoliation. O fuck did i do too much? I hope some of the clones take, i want to work with a specific plant for a while and dial it in a bit. I always just do one and done seed runs, or maybe reveg a plant.

1 Like

Haha that’s me, one and done. I have so much to work through I can’t do it any other way right now. But I keep enough of those seeds for later. I do need to runs cuts eventually to see how things really are. A buddy asked me today how many seed I think I have, so I counted my list…4135 seeds between what I’ve bought, been gifted and made. “I don’t have a problem, you have a problem” :joy:

The candylands I would say are definitely a hybrid, mine leaning to the sativa side with some of its characteristics. But that’s just one example. I assume the Blackberry kush is more along the lines of the bc kushes and not the ogs. I’m not familiar with the coljams though, maybe they’re a kush type and not an og?

Yeah defol can be iffy in the head sometimes. I have taken too much before. And not enough even more times. I lean to the not enough now more than anything but I use the lower bids for seed making and fresh frozen bubble hash so it’s no real loss. The tops still perform.

I’ll take some pictures when I have a chance in the next day or two to give you an idea of where I started at flip and where I am now. One thing I noticed is I didn’t have those purple petiols like yours, maybe a bkush leaner? Maybe something else going on. I did have alot of side shoots that eventually grow 8" directly sideways before they turned up.

1 Like

O the coljams are a columbian x jamaican by underground collective, not a kush or og at all. Quite hazey. Thats why i was used to more vigourous growth.

So far, i have 2 middle of the road hybrid types, a more sativa type and a more indica type.

I am thinking the purple petioles are actually related to the calcium in my nitrient mix. I have read it can be caused by over abundance.

Some pictures would be cool, thank you

I mix some buffered coco in my soil mixture 20-30 % the bugs hate it and leave me alone

1 Like

Alright, so on day 2 of flower the plant was 21", today it is 40.5". That’s from the soil. Keep in mind I shortened the hours over a week so it had begun to stretch a little prior to day 2.

It has a bit of a kushy sweet smell, can’t pick out anything specific yet.

5 Likes