Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Welcome @OkieWormFarmer , there are several other Okies here who happen to be outstanding cultivators and members!
I myself was born on OKC, and my folks live out there still.
Welcome to OG; looking forward to seeing your setup!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @OkieWormFarmer , nice to have you with us.

2 Likes

Welcome @B.o.o.Radley and @OkieWormFarmer!

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m in the process of setting up a 14’x60’ greenhouse, it’s paid for but it’s a DIY kit and I overspent buying it. Not that it was a bad price, but they actually cut me such a good discount that I had to throw in roll-up sides w/ insect netting. My inputs are almost all homemade. I buy red wheat bran at a feed store and I just made a 55gal of bokashi. I also have several other 55gal full of 2yr old JADAM(fermented Lambsquarter). I’m really big on worm bins and I get free produce by the trailer load. It gives me plenty of material to work with. Sometimes, I don’t know if I should be composting, vermicomposting, KNF, or JADAM with the stuff. Like right now, I have 2x pallets of cabbage and 1 pallet of cantaloupe. I seem to be getting cabbage lately but I also scored some yellow squash, spinach, apples, strawberries, mix salad kits, grapes, and tomatoes. I feel like I’m just rattling on now lol.

8 Likes

Welcome to OG good to see more onganic growers :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to OG @OkieWormFarmer
You’ll love it here…
Interesting work you do there, I would love to see it on a separate thread…

3 Likes

hey there overgrow! i would probably just lurk for awhile longer, but LemonadeJoe encouraged me to post. i normally hang out on reddit reading through some of the mj subreddits, but i noticed someone mention overgrow on one of the threads, so i hopped on over here.

i’ve been here for the last few days since, rabidly reading through all of the great threads on here. there’s some awesome information, some great grows, and the level of detail has been awesome. it’s different from reddit, which seems to be more image focused and just small, light conversation. you guys go deep around here, which i love.

been a long time smoker, but only recently got to thinking about growing my own weed. i’m in so-cal, so it’s legal, but i don’t have anywhere i can grow yet unfortunately. so for now, i’m just learning and learning and learning some more.

also, for some reason i seem to have seed acquisition syndrome. it’s funny, i can’t even pop these beans but i just want to acquire more. from what i’ve seen on these boards, many of you seem to be able to relate. and this is your support group.

so, hi there!

20 Likes

Welcome @highminwin You will enjoy yourself here

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @highminwin , the last site you will need to visit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

thanks @beardedvet222! i’m loving it around here. although sometimes when i get to a cool topic and i see that there’s like a few thousand comments, i do that deep breath intake thing and think to myself, “oh boy! that’s a lot to read through.” y’all some chatty mofos, ha! i love it.

5 Likes

yea man, shit is comprehensive around here. i feel like i’ve stumbled across the great library of alexandria of weed. and the knowledge talks back to you.

10 Likes

Welcome to the boards @highminwin ! Glad you made it~ djsf

2 Likes

Hi @highminwin! Welcome to OG! You’ll love it here!! Enjoy!

2 Likes

That is how I started read for months before my first post, reading and learning.
Welcome, your doing it the right way.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Welcome @highminwin , @OkieWormFarmer
It’s a pleasure to have you around here​:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Welcome all that have joined in the last 2 weeks!!! Great community and generous sharing of experience and acquired knowledge here!

3 Likes

thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

you know, i’ve been a daily smoker for a little over two decades now, but i’d never really thought about growing until recently. i’d never even realized there was such a variety and wealth of cannabis types and effects.

during the prohibition years, you could really only get what was available at the time. was it good, was it bad? who knows, it was what you got. but even with legalization and dispensaries opening up that have selection up the yinyang, there’s such a lack of knowledge about how the strains of weed will affect you, or even having real consistency in what’s available. you might find something that really works for you, but a few months later it’s all gone. that’s aside from the ridiculous cost.

anyways, growing this plant makes so much sense and i’m looking forward to more of this green revolution.

10 Likes

@highminwin Welcome, it’s such an amazing plant and the OG fam is pretty amazing. This forum is filled with passionate people that are enamored by this plant.

I’d only smoked regularly for a few years when the pandemic hit, tired of buying bad black market or bad overpriced dispensary bud I started growing about a year ago. Now I’m finishing up my first hydro grow and starting my first breeding projects :crazy_face:

Enjoy your stay!

4 Likes

Hello @highminwin
Welcome to OG pal, you’ll love it here…
I was a reddit user too, spent hours and hours there looking at pics alone learning little to nothing lol…
This site is entirely different, I learn new things everyday…
Now I never visit reddit for the purpose of MJ lol…

So true brother…

8 Likes

Tried to trade and was chastised for not posting here, if anyone wants to trade, let me know

4 Likes