Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

since i’ve been trolling the site for while and just started a thread in the breeder’s lab i thought i should post a little background info and say hello to everyone.

the original overgrow was the site i began on.

i’ve been growing intensely and continuously for 26 years.

i am 72 years of age. i began my relationship with cannabis in 1965 in the haight-ashbury district of san fransisco.

i am the inventor of the ppk hydroponic system.

i am a cancer and liver transplant patient. cancer free since the transplant in 2009.

my wife and i live the full cannabis lifestyle and don’t give a fuck who doesn’t like it. all day every day! saturation level of intake.

i am a designer and builder of grow rooms, big and small.

my last job was a 10k sq ft warehouse for growing hemp cbd flower in nashville.

previous to that i built my own 3000 sq ft thc facility in Eugene, Oregon. i operated that for 5 years. 49 ac/de lights.

my final product was high-end shatter, pull snap, and terp sauce.

i recognize quite a few handles on here from other sites.

i have posted extensively on icmag since 2006.

i am looking forward to my experience here on the new Overgrow.

later, D9

18 Likes

Hi @delta9nxs and @Smalltimes! Welcome to OG! You’ll both love it here! Without a doubt! Have fun!!

2 Likes

@delta9nxs Glad to have you here and all your experience sounds amazing. Looking forward to what you have to say :+1::100:

2 Likes

@delta9nxs … Welcome youngster to the og train …loads of awesome people… Maybe u can spread some of ur know how :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::trophy::thinking::dash::dash:

2 Likes

Welcome to the OG @HeartOfDankness !

I hear you!
I live in what will surely be the last state to legalize any Cannabis THC products.

So far the Jedi mind trick has worked on the wife… Yoda

:arrow_double_up: and I am always propagating cuttings of plants she likes to add to her collection/yard…

7 Likes

Welcome to the OG @Smalltimes , @delta9nxs!

I have some posts for ya that you may be interested below:

Crunch’s post above :arrow_double_up: has a bunch of links in the beginning that are all about organics.

@delta9nxs Glad to have you on the OG… Can see you are all over the net. Can’t wait to read and watch your posts.

See you out thereSurfer Dawg the good OG vibes! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Hey Maddawg, thank you so much for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction with those threads on organic growing! This community is fantastic and looking forward to giving back what I can!

5 Likes

Hey @Tardis808 I replied to one of your posts elsewhere, but wanted to come here and “introduce” myself to you, because I’m also an AZ resident, in the Valley area. There are actually a good number of us desert dwellers here! Great to have you aboard

3 Likes

Aloha HeadyBear! Awesome to meet another AZ grower. I work on flowering plants at one of the biggest grows in AZ. Cannabis is my passion. It is a pleasure to meet you growmie

6 Likes

Hi guys im big shmeaty
have been smoking for about 8 years and absolutely love the plant, use it as medicine for GI problems. looking to get into the personal growth end of the hobby

im shmeated

17 Likes

Welcome @bigshmeaty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What it do, homie?

Welcome to this wonderful community. Glad you could join us.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @bigshmeaty , glad you could join us. Make yourself at home.

1 Like

thank you all for the warm welcome! nice place you got here!

5 Likes

Hey @bigshmeaty , love the name! Welcome to the big show!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Og @bigshmeaty !

Well… I can tell you that you came to the right place.

Have seen many of 1st time growers on the OG. You will get all kinds of great advise to make your grow successful.

Here’s to a new beginnings :seedling: and great times to come!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @delta9nxs

3 Likes

@bigshmeaty …watzzz up …welcome aboard the og train fam

1 Like

I joined the original Overgrow in ‘99 (I think?) and went from an absolute nobody to an absolutely stoned nobody. :rofl: A very kind fella named towguy gifted my a light, others gifted seeds, and it was easily the best time and most fun I’ve ever had in my life.

I’ve been a gardener all my life, and once I got into growing cannabis I knew I had finally found my calling. Unfortunately after Overgrow got taken down, I was forced to quit growing. Life happens.

I never intended to take a 15 year hiatus, but sometimes that’s how things go. I lost basically everything and am trying to start over from scratch. I have the knowledge, the growroom, the equipment (the vast majority anyway) and my old stash of seeds.

15 Likes

Welcome @Hippiechik , how wonderful it is that you can start growing again!

5 Likes