Going right now
There are so many breeders to chose from these days

I’m open to any recommendations on strains or breeders

Going now in flower
Brothers Grimm - grimtruffles & genius juice
And
Mzjill - plushberry & jillybean cherry

8 Likes

Yes - do start a grow log! I’m very interested in Brothers Grimm and haven’t grown their gear in awhile. I definitely want to see how these are.

1 Like

Welcome @Golfnutt , @Tymemachine , @Gumbert , nice to meet you !! :+1::+1::v:

3 Likes

Welcome @Golfnutt , @Tymemachine and @Gumbert !
Great that you’re here, feel free to tag me in your grow journals if you start one!
Thank you for growing!

4 Likes

Hey all, I am incredibly new to the growing scene, in fact, I haven’t even had a chance to start my own personal grow yet other than a single plant in a family member’s tent that he mostly tends to as it is at his house. The only other experience I have is when I helped my dad grow a few plants back in the 2010-2012 time period. Other than that, I have just been a long time consumer and fan of high quality plants.

I have a deep passion for cannabis and my main goal is to have a quality product that I can be proud of and happy to consume. I eventually would like take part in some of the preservation co-op projects that I have seen on here as I feel some of those old school strains (and some new school) are the bread and butter to having a variation of the plant that fits every individual’s true desires/needs. I have even started a small collection of genetics. Mostly a few Bodhi packs that intrigued me after reading through some of the threads here and listening to The Potcast episodes with him and resonating with his ideology of the plant.

I’ve been slowly browsing and collecting information as I prepare to step into the world of growing on my own, but with the amount of information here it is easy to get distracted. If anyone has any specific recommended threads/videos/literature for a true novice to start in, I would be thrilled to hear your suggestions.

Happy to be here and looking forward to hearing back from you all.

21 Likes

Welcome to OG @ohigho27 @Golfnutt @Tymemachine @Gumbert :+1:

7 Likes

@ohigho27, welcome to OG. You are in the best place for growing.

3 Likes

Welcome @ohigho27 . I have just now discovered Bodhi and his interviews, and I have been growing for 43 years. lol. He is a very interesting fellow. :grin: You will love this place. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @ohigho27 nice to meet you. You’re gonna love it here.:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow !! @ohigho27
:seedling:

3 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome! @ThirdStone @Greenfingers @Prince @Shadey I already love this place! I just wish I knew about it sooner.

@Magu Thank you! It’s really cool to hear that even with your years of experience, you’re still discovering new things. It just goes to show how dynamic and ever-evolving the world of cannabis is. It’s inspiring to know that there’s other like minded individuals who are constantly striving to always more to learn, no matter how experienced we are.

7 Likes

Welcome to OG, @ohigho27! This is the place to learn about growing our favorite weed!

5 Likes

Greetings @ohigho27 and a warm welcome to OG.
:v:&:green_heart:

4 Likes

Hi all. Im Vinnie(nickname since high school) In ohio, we just went legal! So I am in the middle of my first Cannabis grow ever. I have however been growing food crops for over 30 years so im not new to gardening in general. I am an Auto guy, I am sure I will do photos at some point, but not until I have some meds banked up. I really prefer the fast turn around on autos. Since I am growing just for me, as long as i get an ounce or two per plant that is plenty. First Grow is a Mexican Red Hair Sativa Auto Fem from NASC. Trying to avoid brain dead couch lock giggling at everything, I want to reduce my pain levels and stay functional, and according to my research, that means Sativas(I hope).

22 Likes

Welcome to OG @Ace71975 …thats an interesting auto your growing :v:&:green_heart:

6 Likes

I am old, and Since NASC had an Old School Strain up, one of the few names I remembered from back when I was smokin in High School, I figured I would go for it. Hell back then most of the time we didnt know what we were smoking, we just went to the weed dude, told him how much we wanted, and said lows, mids, or Highs. We never knew strain names, indica/sativa, terp profiles, or anything it was just Weed, Normally tasted and smelled like burning leaves, and made you brain dead on couch lock giggling at everything lol. If you asked for a name you got told “its weed man, you want it or not”.

13 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow !! @Ace71975
:green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Sunshine Daydream is a sativa that does very well with neuropathic pain. I’ve been growing for pain management for 7 years and Indicas seem to work the best for me. They can feel a little heavy and sluggish but the pain relief is worth the extra cup of coffee to me. Autos are fine but as a general rule regular strains and clone only cuts seem to offer higher thc and terp numbers so I stick mainly with them. I do run a certain auto strain yearly as it’s the best for stomach issues for my wife that I’ve found. Best of luck with the grow and congrats on legalization.

12 Likes