Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 3)

@Drsunshinestrains, welcome to OG.

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @Drsunshinestrains :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Welcome, it’s nice to meet you @Drsunshinestrains. Overgrow is like a drug, I can’t stay away for too long or I have withdrawals. You’ll see.:wink:

9 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @Trimeresurus, @CalleMinogue, @MacarioSakhigh and @Drsunshinestrains!

6 Likes

What’s up OG! I am 54y/o and a second generation cannabis grower. I grew my first plant in Middle School and did my first grow in the 80’ when I was in middle school. I did Gorilla growing up until the late 90’s when I discovered CFLs and Carbon Filters.

I was a member of the original OG, prior to that I browsed the newsgroups. After OG exploded in users I deleted my account in paranoia. I did learn about Heavens Stairway and joined Cannabis World too. I made quite a few friends at OG and Cannabis World (just breeders and growers who traded clones) and then I quit all public forums altogether and just hung out at private and secret forums. I think all the forums with a few exceptions are gone now. I think this is the first time I’ve ever joined a public forum and done a public post. lol

I am an old hand, Ive been around for a very long time and I’ve had the privilege of watching the community evolve of the decades. Our community is filled with wonderful folks like Bodhi, Nspecta, and Jaws and it has been an honor rubbing shoulders with those guys. I hope they are all still doing well.

I used to be a pretty good grower and I’ve decided to just pop up and say hi to some old friends and see if I cant help spread some old school knowledge. They called me Doc for a reason.

Thanks to whoever brought back OG. Pretty stoked about it TBH.

22 Likes

Welcome @DocGreenStone ! There is a thread of original members, and Jaws is here.

4 Likes

JAWS is here? No way! @JAWS What is up my brother! My old friend! I truly missed you so much it is sad. lol I sincerely apologize for dipping from the scene but my family is first, I still serve as a guardian and I cannot grow. I became a new man for my great nephew, Kyle, he is 8 years old. I grow him now instead of cannabis. :slight_smile: Miss you buddy! Can I PM here?

Is @Katsu or @Ghost here?
I see you guys are here! Sup brothers! Katsu, call me sometime, let’s catch up. Ghost! Long time no see! I hope things are well for you in Michigan. You still working out at the gym? I hope you guys are doing well. I miss you guys bigtime!

10 Likes

Welcome @Drsunshinestrains and @DocGreenStone . Happy to have you both.

4 Likes

You will gain pm privileges within a day or two if you haven’t already. Just click on his name and a message bar should appear. Many props for raising family, I quit everything before my first was born for 11 years, onward. Anyways welcome again.

5 Likes

I got monthly in-home visits by the department of children and families and they inspected the rooms, refrigerator, garage, and yard frequently for the first year or so. I knew I had to give up growing in my house for good. Shortly thereafter the private forum I was a member of exploded into flames like a pheonix. And then I lost my hard drive and back up hard drive and pretty much any proof I ever grew and all of my growing notes and compositions. I was a avid photographer and had pix of hundreds of elite clone onlies and various hybrids and exotics. Even a cannabis strain with 16 fingers that grew to 30 feet within about 12 weeks. I had pix. Gone now. Old hands like us either adapt or die. I died. lol There is no money in buds anymore. I transitioned to seed too late. The clone game got old due to dudding and fake cuts. I much prefer to give them away for free than charge $1000 for cuts. The game just got old so I moved on. Besides AI is way more fun and more profitable too.

11 Likes

Lots of really nice folks here, much love and respect ,very little bickering. Fraudsters last about an hour in my experience, which is good for the community. Lots of growers like myself trying to do more with less. It seems like regular life take a lot of doing and spending lately just for basics. Many seeds and clones etc and never charge money, trades and gifts the majority of the time. Lots of giveaways every week and good gear ,grown and documented here. I linked my grow to my signature if you like outdoor plants!

12 Likes

Big warm welcome @DocGreenStone :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Lots of old names here and some new names for old friends too, I bet you’ll remember @Carty and @Barefrog

6 Likes

Welcome to OG, @Drsunshinestrains! I can’t wait to see some of your work!

5 Likes

welcome to OG @DocGreenStone and @Drsunshinestrains ! have a great time , good to have you here! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Welcome back to overgrow @DocGreenStone, likewise I was a member of these sites in the mid nineties.:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

@DocGreenStone Welcome back to OG !! :+1:
:seedling:

5 Likes

@DocGreenStone
wow, it’s really awesome to see you posting, bro.
nice to have you back !! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

if this is really you then hey brother long time no speak.

sorry if im a bit stand off-ish but you have been gone a while now and there are so many scammers around these days you just never know who your really talking to.

hit me up when ever you can do the PM thing.

respect …

10 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @DocGreenStone!

6 Likes