Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Hi @vo_o, welcome to OG.

Check out the burgeoning but growing collection of C++ source code

Along with various DIY project under the diy and automation tags, such as

9 Likes

Just checked that out :exploding_head: Loki is living in 2050 and I’m stuck in 1998 gonna have to show my brother that stuff

7 Likes

1998 works perfectly fine. 2050 is about creating opportunity. :thinking:

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @monkeyman and @vo_o. Plan for the long haul. We have tons of information here.

@vo_o, check out the thread on KNF (Korean Natural Farming). @Sebring has a thread with a lot of natural fertilization techniques.

@monkeyman, we have a lot of old timers, here as well. I’m 65 and started my journey with cannabis in 1971.

OG is a great source for knowledge. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Thanks @DesertGrown
Yeah the OG Community seems to be a real nice bunch of people. I think I’ll enjoy my time here as well thank you.

7 Likes

Thanks @Instg8ter I’ve enjoyed my talks here on the OG community so far. Are you in Michigan? I’m near Lansing not too far away. I’ve had my medical license now for about 7 years. I and my wife both hold mmmp cards. I’ve been growing since the 80s took a Hiatus for a while and then 2014 got our licenses and started growing legally. At that point the gloves were off and I was able to do anything I wanted with the growing. Man have I been having fun with it since then.

I have reconfigured my grow cage every year since 2015 as the learning curve never stops. I’m always looking for a better way to grow my Organic Crop of AAA bud. As the coronavirus has screwed us all pretty good this year I had intended to be completely automated so I could walk away and I can look at it through my phone and tweak it anyway I wanted to through Wi-Fi but that didn’t happen. Lol Hey will next year. As I’ve Gotten Good News in the money Department. And things are looking up right now so next year will be a whole new grow all over again. Thanks for the kind and warm welcome

12 Likes

yo @TheShowMeHomie @Shadey @Gpaw @Northern_Loki @GMan thank you guys so much for this warm welcoming!! i usually avoided this on other forums, a lot of nasty ppl there, but i red my first thread here from @lefthandseeds about perfecting jacks formula, and i immediately fell in love with this guy cause im same perfectionist about my things, and the people in comments were really friendly i felt free to write my intentions here… ill definitely check out those threads, and use them to expand my knowledge… im kinda trouble free with soil, cause its much simpler thing, and we have good soil mixes where i am, making custom hydro nutes, that demands scientific approach and controller for automation of nutrient dosing is somewhat complex to make, i spent most my time just reading reviews about other nute producers but said fuck it, i should be able to do this my self… yea, this is very, very broad project, and i wont settle for just soil moisture reading on 16x2 LCD… just today i spent whole day looking into sanitizing incoming air against mildew and removing odor from outlet vents, had to read scientific papers about hydroxylating generators, dangers about ozone, source true numbers of ozone producing of it, find a way to clean that from air, source tio2 coated meshes and uv bulbs, think about control, design, etc etc, all that while doing my job… and only after ill finish this thought process i can make a controller for that with fan speed controller dialed in not to blow air too much trough carbon filter, which will take me more research… and its only intake/outake of air part of the growbox… XD but im relentless and perfectionist, and i want for ppl to have good quality product… anyone interested in good controller, i just found this one: https://kylegabriel.com/projects/2020/06/automated-hydroponic-system-build.html i have my issue or 4 with it, and i have never tested it, but it seems fine made from my perspective, and it seems to work for many ppl… have fun mates and happy growing! <3 *im so broken from my job, ill check those out later, and maybe recommend Mycodo to ppl in threads…

11 Likes

Welcome Brother, yes I am a few exits south of Metro airport off I-275. Been smoking since 14, 54 now. Only started growing after a 30’ fall from a roof laid me up about 7 years ago. I do construction and was building out a friends rentals for basement grows. When I got hurt He set up a 20 plant perpetual in my old office behind the garage. We were running LSD, Fire OG and a JW cut of GG4. When it went recreational the grey market dried up because of licensing costs and plant counts. Especially since it is monitored from seed to sale now. Shit it down about a year ago with a mite infestation and loss of interest ( same plants over and over.) since then wife was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. So I have decided to go on a taste test of all the strains of my youth since the 400 dollar monthly meds bill was not gonna cut it with us both smoking again.

Have you ever heard Of Monkey Paw? That is what actually brought me here as I found an old Googled thread on it. I lurked around for a bit then started hanging out in the landrace preservation thread. Before I came here (4 months ago) I had never grown a plant from seed. Now my seed collection holds around 40 strains, just from trading some F1’s from my GG4 mother.

Hop right in, no need to lurk, very free and open sight where people share genetics freely, with no alter other motive than to Over Grow the World with our choice of medication. The more participation the more trust badges you will get on the way to becoming a regular member status which opens another level of participation and a private lounge. There are always seed runs and preservations of old and discontinued stock as well as some OG only elites auctioned to help site server costs , from members crossing and working strains. Latest was Platinum Pineapple made with old original Pineapple cut worked to F4. The seed trading is fun too, plenty of threads for clones, crosses and landrace. I am just getting into some breeding to work with the old Michigan Monkey Paw. Always was my fav even over the Thai stick we used to get yearly. Guys will have others run parallel pheno hunts, share pollen of special males that would get culled anyways, and share strains and cuts for others projects. All in all the most bad ass sight on the net. I think there are around 1500 members all over the world, I have traded with guys from Sweden, Switzerland and Australia as well as most of the lower 50. And we are growing quickly. Joe has asked the Regulars to help in welcoming new members and we are glad to do it, I wish someone had turned me on to this site years ago…join in and I’ll catch you around, always feel free to PM me. Have to start a thread for us Michiganders as we can trade and gift flower extract and edibles freely.

Peace and be safe

10 Likes

Damn dude… did you say all that in one big breath?! Wow, I’m impressed!

5 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow! Sounds like you have a good bit of knowledge already due to all your research. Sorry to hear of your friend. No one should ever die of cancer because they had no access to medicine. I hope that changes someday. With your financial situation, you may be interested in knf or Korean Natural Farming. It costs next to nothing because you make your own fertilizer. We have a deep water culture grower here called @TheBubbleKing. I’m not exactly sure how it works with deep water culture and KNF, but I’m sure he could help. Good luck with your automated grow box. Sounds neat.

8 Likes

I think I’ve been BLESSED by the GOOD LORD himself with a cure for cancer. Answer by Dms ONLY! ITS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. but against fed laws here

8 Likes

Hola amigos de overgrow.
Creo que primero debo de pasar por aquí y presentarme. Vivo en las islas canarias y tengo 48 años. Ya en su dia fui miembro de overgrow aunque con una participación mas bien pasiva en mis comienzos. Me lo tropecé nuevamente por casualidad.
Todo lo que he aprendido sobre esta maravillosa planta ha sido en foros como éste y gracias a la ayuda de algunas maravillosas personas que desinteresadamente me ayudaron a comenzar a cultivar mi propia medicina para combatir mis problemas de salud. Aunque he estado unos años sin poder hacerlo por dichos problemas, actualmente me siento bien y animado a comenzar a sembrar algunas semillas en el lado oscuro de la ley.
No estoy muy al día de variedades actuales de marihuana ya que siempre me ha gustado la marihuana de la vieja escuela.
Gracias a algunas personas increíbles que conocí aquí en Canarias, tuve la oportunidad de cultivar algunas genéticas de Alex la mano negra (DEP.)
Siento gran admiración hacia su persona y hacia su trabajo. Difundió sus genéticas libremente por todo el mundo para que tod@s pudiesemos disfrutar de ellas y esa filosofía lejos de los intereses comerciales me apasiona.
JTK (Nepal Hash plant indica) × (Nepal Hash plant sativa)
Mozamba. Africana pura.
La Neville’s Haze × Uzbekistán Hash. ( Planta muy especial en mi vida. Marcó en mí un antes y después.
Es un placer ver y leer el gran trabajo de cría y selección que desarrollan muchísimos cultivadores a lo largo del mundo aquí en overgrow. Mi admiración a tod@s.
Me queda mucho por aprender y creo estar en el sitio correcto para ello.
Como decía mi abuelo. “caminante se hace camino al andar.” un saludo.

13 Likes

welcome to OG great to have you with us

7 Likes

I’m also in MI on the east side north of the big D and a stone’s throw from Canada. Good to know other people in MI! :+1:

Also Instg8ter I know exactly how that med bill goes. I had a back injury, have some tumors in my head and tarlov cysts on the nerve roots exiting my pelvis. So yeah, I’ve been living on opiates for years but I’m sick and tired of putting poison in my system. One day I’ll be able to see the other sections and participate in the seed runs. I’ve been in on the last 2 auctions so that was the start to my collection. I have a wonderful friend who has been most gracious in helping me out with my collection as well. I’m so very excited to learn more here and also be able to help others too.

7 Likes

I’m a personal use med grower from Canada. I was a member here back around 2003, same name.

12 Likes

Welcome to OG airedog. I’m kind of new here myself but I thought I’d throw out the Welcome Wagon anyways and welcome you back good to have you back. I can’t tell you what’s change no idea but it seems like a good group of people on here as far as I can tell over the last couple of weeks that I’ve been on here talkin

9 Likes

Hey Bizzy welcome to OG-Man. So you’re another michigander. Good to have you here …There seems to be quite a few of us michiganders on OG. Maybe somebody ought to start a Michigan thread for Grins and Giggles

5 Likes

Welcome to the site Bizzy, I’m with you @Growtogrow gonna set up an “Enchanted Mitten” thread for all the MMMC holders/patients to link up. Jump on in and enjoy. Have to get my obligations in the mail
:v::sunglasses: ALL!

7 Likes

Hi all. Nice to be a part of this community!

12 Likes

Hi Marcita, nice to have you here with us, looking forward to seeing what and how you are growing when you get the time to start a grow thread :slight_smile:

Welcome home airedog, glad you found your way back :wink:

7 Likes