Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

welcome @Fewding @kimdeone and @jc303

Take a look around and start up a grow journal thread, best way to jump in :wink:

@kimdeone if you have any questions about autos feel free to give me a shout, as i play with them quite frequently and probably will be able to answer your questions, but head over to the basic guide to get a run down

4 Likes

I can recommend reading the entire growfaq.

www.overgrow.com/growfaq

1 Like

Welcome. There’s tons of great info here and even better people! What kind of strain history are you looking for? I could possibly help

3 Likes

Shit, honestly anything haha. An awesome guy sent me a bunch of old sensi (and others) seed catalogs from back in the day so I’ve been able to learn a bit about some of the older stuff like silver haze, northern lights, original skunks and afghanis, etc. I’m a big sativa guy so being able to hear about how some of the strains we see today came about is awesome, the problem is I don’t have any specific strain(s) in mind :laughing:

It’s also cool to hear about the old school growers and grows, really just getting an idea of the history of the plant and what the world was like 30-50 years ago. Anything you want to share, even if it’s just random stuff, would be awesome. I’m one of those people who tends to go “all in” on stuff I’m interested in so every little tidbit is cool to read about.

4 Likes

You have definitely come to the right place my friend! There are a lot of podcast and interviews and stuff like that with old legends telling their stories of you just want some general lore to figure out what you want to research next! Free Weed by High Times just got brought back and they had Chem Dog. Also, The Pot Cast on SoundCloud is another great one and legends on there a lot. Check out this thread, a lot of good podcasts are mentioned

3 Likes

A bud of mine has hightimes issue #1 in mint shape too. He brought it into work n it was a trip. They had the going weed prices n pics of old old strains. Honestly if anyone pulled out a sack of what was pictured now a days. They’d get laughed at like no tomorrow.

6 Likes

I have the first 100 issues in storage. Those were the days… HT was a pioneer in the fight for legalization along with N.O.R.M.L…

4 Likes

I am an industry veteran. I was born and raised in the “Emerald Triangle”. I have worked for numerous industry experts. I found this site in a “google search” regarding a product that I have very serious concerns about.

I am a proud American. My father is a veteran and I am furious that these people come into our country and poison medical patients. This needs to stop. There are several products on the market that I know or suspect contain POISON. If you say that this stuff is not Poison then you are part of the problem.

10 Likes

Welcome @thechad there’s a great group of people here that would probably love to hear your concerns! Just try to make sure to keep the vibes good and the times high! God bless America brotha

4 Likes

What are you referring to what chemicals? … This should probably have its own thread instead and should be avoided in an Introduction thread, what ya think Mods?

4 Likes

Welcome @thechad .

Glad that you are here. Check out Banned stretch reducing flowering supplements (PGR)

3 Likes

whats up fellas, once i saw the site was online again i had to re-register. i was a member of the first overgrow starting in late '04 and through the entirety of 05, my original handle was 12thRealm. overgrow was the first place i came across the acronyms AFOAF and LEO hahaha… as well as all the amazing pics from SubCool & MzJill. maybe my favorite thing about OG a decade ago was all the people interested in mycology as well!

i’m a service-connected vet born in the early 80’s, served from 99-05 at Campbell for both OEF & OIF. AIRBORNE!

i’ll be active over in the grow sections, i’ve got 3 tents & 2800w (2k dimmable to 1k). many thanks & good to see you all overgrowing even the digital spaces!!

17 Likes

Good to see ya back @doublecalhoun!

5 Likes

Always good to see an OG OG! Welcome back it’s good to have you and thank you for your service! Much love, Artisan

4 Likes

Alright, i haven’t introduced myself properly, but my names billy. Im from hawaii and i just moved to california. Ive grown in hawaii for the last 8 years and i owned/operated a bhogart for 3 years. I recently made a big move after a horrible ending of the year to california in hopes of pursuing a legal opportunity in the industry. i made the move and within 3 weeks was handed a extremely lucky gift of a grower position at a elite faciltiy. im here to share my experience because everything i know and the only reason i was able to get in this game was forums… my family doesnt grow. i was a black sheep and i learned from the community so i wanna give back and share what i have to give

19 Likes

Welcome @Billy, thanks for your introduction!

3 Likes

Puff puff pass @Billy
P.s what’s ur ideal fishing pole? I just got a Shakespeare fishing pole for some fresh water fishing. What’s ur go to brand?
P.s.s. welcome to the site man ur goin to love it here! An I am right there with u I had to learn how to grow right here on this site. The people here are amazing an always have some good tips. Because of them I’ve had big success thanks og❤

6 Likes

Don’t hesitate to shine light on problems.

This forum is all about improving the plight of the cannabis plant, its cultivators, and eventually, its consumers.

99%

Oh yeah, big welcome too.

10 Likes

Hi I go by aizen or ka have had grows before taking 3 years off now I’m back at it with my grow that was a week or so before being flowered and been here since got a thread called low watt growing

13 Likes

Hello @n8tiveguy

Welcome to OG.

Introduce yourself and make some new friends.

99%

4 Likes