Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Welcome to OG, @anon98152597 & @fishdude! Come on in and grow with us!

2 Likes

Reading the Bible cover to cover in the hopes that my very first grow will yield decent results, when I came across this web address in the credits… This is my new Facebook!! :scream::grin::heart_eyes: Just wanted to say hellerrrrr and I’m excited to do research in a place where I can get some real feedback :blush: … a little bit about me… I have my medical mj license in my state but it’s super expensive so I decided to grow. I’ve been in a wheelchair for four years now due to the very unexpected onset of a rare spinal cord disease. I’ve smoked since I was ten but I really got into medical grade cannabis after becoming partially paralyzed at the age of 27. Now I want to learn the craft of growing to help myself, and eventually, others. My ultimate goal is to get into the industry one day and grow for others. I need a career change anyway. Im tired of being a telemarketer, everybody I call hates my ass :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:… who says a chick in a wheelchair can’t grow!!! I’m almost ready to harvest the four plants I started back in March (or at least I THINK I am?) Instead of buying a pre-assembled grow area like a tent or cabinet that comes with everything, I did the research and put it all together myself with better quality gear at a much lower overall price. I’ve got the ventilation system, independent recirculating buckets (I’d like ideas for an easier way to grow hydroponically, it’s getting tougher and tougher to change nutes once a week since the plants are huge) I may not have the best lights on the market but they’re decent for the price I paid. Using general hydro’s three part system (kind of, just using micro and bloom for the Lucas formula) … my main problem is the over six foot plant I’m afraid to prune. It dwarfs the other three :sweat_smile::sob:. For my next grow I will be more scientific and make schedules for lights and pruning and nutes, I’m just kinda winging it for this first grow. Anyways, if ever there is some advice someone wants to freely give I’ll take it! Hello again to everyone in the group! :grin::grin::grin::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::dash::dash::dash:

8 Likes

Back at ya, @Sativaindica. Welcome to the overgrow!

2 Likes

Thanks!! This seems like an awesome site!

3 Likes

You’ve found a great place to be!

Post up some photos of what you have going on with your set-up when you have some time. It would be interesting to see what you are up to, in particular, with the independent recirculating buckets.

There are quite a few folk here that are doing the DIY type systems in one form or another. We are all learning from each others experiences!

3 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: SativaIndica’s Grow Gallery

@head i am a old head from the deep south still under ground.

8 Likes

Welcome to OG @head. Hope you enjoy and learn or impart wisdom…

1 Like

yes i have alot of wisdom on how to grow outdoors will be posting in that area.

5 Likes

New to the forums so a quick hello. I’m usually a pretty quiet guy I won’t be posting much but I will read and learn. I’m 72 and retired in So Ca. We can now grow weed legally so I have a small backyard patch. I’ve got 4 in pots and 2 in the ground this grow, I’m going to fit 4 in the ground and 2 in pots next planting. I use clones from a vendor.
All 6 are GG#4 this time. I started the plants with FoxFarms - Big Bloom,Grow Big and Tiger Bloom when there soil feedig schedule said it was time. I couldn’t be happier with the results so far.

8 Likes

@Whipsnade welcome New friend. . .
@head welcome back friend

Hello @head and @Whipsnade! Welcome to OG, guys!

1 Like

Sorry it’s been too long since I’ve stopped by to greet all the newcomers. Seems like we’re building quite the user base! Blessings :v::heart::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Whipsnade. I’m using Fox Farms too. Great results so far! Enjoy yourself here. Lots of good people & info.

Hello everyone and welcome to overgrow.

How can I be of service ?

1 Like

Hello fellow growers. Glad to be here to learn and grow with you all. I like to grow cannabis as well as veggies and other plants. I like to pop seeds and search for terps. I have been growing for a long time. I test seeds occasionally. I cultivate cannabis for a local med dispo for work. I like to get high and chill in nature for fun.

9 Likes

Welcome to OG @5o5love, search for terps never ends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, if you need any help, inspiration or what ever on making an simple automatic hydrogarden. Let me know!
I had a accedent years ago, placed me in a wheelchair for 8 months. Still have issues, so my builds is made for no lifting. Flick a switch or turn a nob, pumps will do the workload.

Happy growing

6 Likes

Hi high all. I’m trying to let you know who I am and what I’m doing. The translation is not mine ! ( And that’s better :slight_smile: )

Who is SpeesCees?
They call him Mr XX and the grow-professor, SpeesCees or just ‘tall one’. Even in a subculture that counts a more than average number of colourful characters, Cees Hendriks is a remarkable figure. Farmer, breeder, discoverer, adventurer and even entrepreneur, Cees is it all. We may even forget some roles he has played in life. Even if he is officially registered as an entrepreneur, Cees has never been a businessman at heart – for that he is too much of a die-hard hippie. Transparency, simplicity and respect for Mother Nature have always been basic values for anything Cees undertakes. To copy things numerous others had already copied from one another would hurt his pride. His ambition has always been to do things that had not been done before, and this mission seems to have succeeded. No Mercy doesn’t create things because everybody else does them. The No Mercy philosophy dictates that new products should really add something to what’s already there. And to do that you don’t take risks. To create innovative products you can stand behind, you need time – and rigourous testing by top growers. In spite of that critical attitude he developed several essentially innovative products that sometimes were copied, but never surpassed.

6 Likes

High all, My name. Is Ikran, I am from Africa. I enjoy spending time with friends who know quality strains, I also recently started growing my own patch after an intensive study of Greg Greens’ Cannabis Grow Bible.
Let’s grow the world together.

10 Likes