Introducing BudBusterPro

Hey @Syn, and you also BBP/Bob, since this might need some feedback from you as well cuz

@Syn ,I’ve had a brainfart as to the testing we’re about to embark on for this product cuz
I read your post about how you plan to use any nutes involved, I totally agree, and got to thinking, then a light went off,
…‘Hey?! How can it be under the ‘same’ exact conditions if the one hit with BBP is almost overamped with nutes against another of the same strain, if the non-treated comparison plant is using our standard nute program’?
i too saw the little bit about ‘Optimal nutes’

Would that be considered a ‘true’ 'comparison test? Might I propose a midline solution. This will require your input, Bob/BBP…

Since I’m of the same mind as @Syn’s earlier statement as to I’m not willing to over-nute my plants. And you saying ‘throw everything but the kitchen sink at em’, so to speak lol

QUESTION, will your product perform at less than ‘optimal’ (read overfed) so as to make it a TRUE ‘comparison test’ with EVERYTHING being equal, other than your product, BudBusterPro?
I mean, will there still be a noticeable difference that’d be caused only by your product?

To be clear on my thought, IF we use the same nute system on both, only amped partway to ‘Optimal’ so they both get the same regimen?

A little heavy on the nutes isn’t going to hurt either plant, and it will be a truer comparison test, I believe…

3 Likes

Maybe try a comparison with three plants of the same strain, or clones? One grown with BBP and the kitchen sink as they recommend, one grown with BBP but normal nutes, and one grown normally. You could even go to four if you want to be as thorough as possible, and do one without BBP but feeding it at the same levels as the one with BBP, just to demonstrate that you’re feeding at levels that would normally stunt and/or kill a plant but BBP is making the difference.

9 Likes

That would be a much more comprehensive test, and a great idea!

lol I knew we kept you around for something cuz!

just pickin lol

3 Likes

I’ve been known to occasionally do something useful other than making sarcastic comments, though not all that often. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:crazy_face: :wink: :+1:

I guess I’ll have to check for the answer tomorrow. I’m getting offline now…

1 Like

Whoww…haven’t been watching todays conversations so I had some reading to do!
Ok…probably the biggest question here pertains to extra nutes so let me reply.

All the growers I have worked with are interested in devoloping the largest plant possible during veg…especially in autos where the veg period can be pretty short. I guess if you have space constraints or other reasons to favor small stature plants that may not be desireable in your circumstances.
Perhaps I’m mistaken, but my experience is the larger the plant the more bud it will support.

If you do indeed wish to maximize your vegetative growth, you have a tool here to accomplish that,it’s just going to require more nuets to support the growth!

I believe the same principle applies to bud formation, you’ve grown a large framework with multiple bud sites. You’ve stimulated more bud formation…I’m just not sure I uderstand why you wouldn’t want to supply more nuets to take full advantage of that.

1 Like

Hey, I invite all testing. All information is good information ! I would only like to see 1, only 1 plant, that was grown with my guidelines…that all!

2 Likes

It’s more about coming up with proper control groups for an experiment, I think. :slight_smile: He was confused about how to do that with two variables changing, the BBP use and the heavier nutes. I agree with you, we definitely need to have one part of the experiment grown entirely under your guidance. Just trying to play devil’s advocate here, having all these control groups should conclusively show what kind of difference the BBP makes. That’ll get you all of our money a lot more effectively than testimonials, no offense to you or any of your other testers. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll do a third, strictly autos.

I am planning on a final auto run before xmas. I will run 2 of each plant under each of my 2 lights, hitting one with the product.

Same plant, same soil, same light.

5 Likes

Hey look, I put a tremendous faith in scientific method, I am not threatened at all with trials and I do indeed invite them. I would just like to have one plant grown in a way that will demonstrate the potential of the tool involved…that simply is all I’m looking for…

1 Like

That’s great @Yetigrows , thanks for stepping up and trying it out. Your grow will benefit us all.

2 Likes

Apparently my package has cleared Canadian customs, so should be here soon.

3 Likes

I explained to you in pm at the max of my nute regiment, I’m closing in close to 2.6 EC, what you asking here is I go higher and throw it to 3?

Im going to play it by eye, if I see any deficiency, it will be corrected. If what you say is true about your product using more nitrogen because of explosive growth, there should be a severe nitrogen deficiency showing of yellowing of leaves and necrosis. Which won’t show in the other clone. At that point I will increase the nutes and apply to both. If the non-BBP plant dies from the excess of nutes but the BBP plant lives, then we will know one thing more at OG that we didn’t before.

2 Likes

Syn,
You are well aware everyone manages their nuets differently. You may well be fine…We prefer to take it one step at a time as we progress with the grow…it’s kind of tough to speak in the abstract !

I can say, that of the growers we have worked with , the vast majority have employed the increased nuet protocol. We insist on working with each grower individually so we can get a feel for their grow.

1 Like

Well I agreed with @Cormoran that his idea to use more than just 2 was good. So I will be using probably the ‘4-plant’ method for a more accurate test. You WILL see at least one plant done using your method only lol probably a few, by me.
Once the test has been done, if successful, lol you’ll see a LOT done using you product!

‘Subtle Shade’ noted… I’m just as interested as anyone, in gaining larger producing plants…hence my interest in this. But, at the same time, i want to make sure it IS the product, and not some bit of ‘extra nurturing’.

5 Likes

Hey @JohnnyPotseed , so will you be using clones for the test? Seems like that would give the most accurate results with all plants being the same plant. Just curious.

1 Like

@DougDawson , nope cuz. @Syn is doing the photos/clones. I detailed what I’m going to be doing is Autos. I’m germinating several seeds of several strains, all Fem, enough to do 4 of each strain for a true comparison test.
1 of each strain will be done using BBP method exclusively.
1 of each will be grown using the nute schedule of BBP, sans the product,
1 of each will be grown using my own nutrient schedule
and 1 of each grown using the BBP, but normal nute schedule

I think this way will show if it’s just the product, or over-amping the nute program

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure Bob of BBP said he preferred autos to work, a bit earlier in this thread.

edit… or liked autos for this, or something lol I’m looking now to find it

1 Like

nope not it lol

1 Like