Irene (sourced from FJ)

You have any pictures ?

2 Likes

Looking very good! Yours does have a little more of that bubba look on the top of the buds, but there’s still quite a bit of stretch. Mine’s day 53F today…will have to get some pics to compare.

You make a good point that I meant to add to my posts, and it’s worth repeating: beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, and vice versa. All of this is so subjective that there’s no wrong answer. Just, for me, crosses with many of these foundational cuts have improved upon them.

You nailed it again. I hadn’t thought about the monetary aspect of why these cuts stayed around, but I think you’re right that this had a lot to do with it. Thanks for bringing that up! Until these recent clones, I’ve always popped seeds.

For me it’s not so much about the potency, although that is part of my disappointment. It’s more that the effects of some of these flowers are unremarkable. For instance, the Chem D is a singular non-nuanced effect that I personally find neither very potent nor very interesting. Based on the years and years of old hoarder heads saying this is one of the most potent strains that will make nubes green out, that it was like an opioid effect, that it cuts thru the effect of everything else…I found none of that to be true for me, and I’m not a heavy smoker at all!

But, that’s just like…my opinion, man. :wink: And you know what they say about opinions…goatse

:peace_symbol:

10 Likes

Making me wanna toss the chem d before i even get to flower it out :joy:
I heard there are a few different chem d cuts going around, maybe the one we have isn’t it. I’ve always understood the 91 to be the strongest of the chems, with the TK being similar in potency. And all the other chem’s are most likely 91 crosses and not sisters but who really knows.

Anyone also tried the chem #4 for comparison yet?

6 Likes

Have the 4 coming in the near future. When I do I’m running all three together. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for 14-15 years now. (Wanted Sis too but idk what happed to her cuz I have not seen anyone with her in a long while) but ya I’m sooo looking forward to that

3 Likes

yea i just got the 91, the 4, and the d and will flower them all out myself soon too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought @JAWS just got the Chem Sis?

5 Likes

Im, in week 2 of flower on her and not impressed, but will run her out .

2 Likes

ah the Chem D? Yeah, just looking at the cut I have, i’m not impressed with it. Doesn’t speak to me at all. Just another plant. The 4 seems a little more interesting, and the 91 is similar to the TK. There’s a relation in there imo somewhere.

2 Likes

Yes he did. But until complete we are unsure. Nice! I can’t wait for the 4 . I’m gonna find out the timeline and get back to you, would be DOPE to run em kind of together imho …. Would you be down

2 Likes

73 days today on the chem sis on this end, going to take her 82 just to be sure my chem sis bc1 seeds are mature.

peace …

4 Likes

guess i should take some updated pics of her for-sure, still looking funky but shes is still fattening up so ya i guess.

peace …

5 Likes

Yeah I still need to put them in pots and take new clones soon before flower so we got some time.

2 Likes

ya 91 and 4 are still on the to get list, if not its cool i have lots to look at right now.

sweet …

4 Likes

You’ll have em brother. My stablasa es sous stablasa (stable)

4 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to this. Looks like under two weeks , stoked!

4 Likes

Nice looks fire. I agree most elites aren’t what there hyped to be. I was always mystified as a young grower by the “elites” bc of there cult following I guess. Over time I have been able to grow/ smoke many of them. Tbh I was only impressed with 1 in 10 lol. Found keepers just as good and better in numerous seed grows from serious, bros grimm, subcool, dj short, paradise seeds etc.I guess my expectations were too high bc of how hyped they are. Fwiw golden goat was my fave, is it an elite? There some nice og’s out there too…elite? Not to me anyway I’m done rambling.

5 Likes

Irene can be trained, you just have to be extremely careful and gentle. Crush the stem more than bend, or it can snap. You can see a minor break that I taped up to prevent it becoming a major break. It definitely is woody and will snap if you aren’t being extremely careful.

8 Likes

More Irene at day 53F.

Does this look like your Irene @Cannavore ? Also, if you don’t mind, how long do you take her? I saw someone mention 75 days on ICMag but that seems long to me…

Having a little trouble getting in there to take pics, but will try to take some better ones before harvest.

:peace_symbol:

15 Likes

@nube in my garden it usually comes out looking more like how @iamyou_youareme has her looking right now. i dont grow her much as i hate the way she grows lol. love the headstash smoke tho.

and man if Chem D isn’t potent enough for ya’ll you need to tell me what you’re smoking so i can check it out lol! they don’t call her the goat for nothing! perfectly grown D hits like a hammer. leaves me stupid and my face flush.

i don’t have many pics of her saved, here’s some that i found. second picture is one of the telltale signs of Irene;

15 Likes

75 days sounds about right, she was supposed to be a 10w cut

2 Likes

Like Jinxproof says about his 9LB hammer, if its not dialed in you might only end up with a 4- or 2-lb hammer. If a strain was hard to dial in and mistakes were made during someone’s grow, then the final product would have been midsy and probably wasn’t a good representative of the full potential of the genetics. I can see how the old elites aren’t seen as being as competitive against the latest strains; 50-80 years ago weed was illegal and the people who grew fields of 20,000-30,000seeds at a time to find and isolate keepers, they traded and inbred their finest phenos so that others didn’t need to grow hundreds of seeds to find a viable pheno that yielded well, in a reasonable time frame, had a decent potency, and produced marketable buds…in a plant size that was acceptable. Now, after all those years of hard work and hunting paid off by producing viable commercial strains, new breeders don’t really hunt populations of wild seeds any more because the breeders of the past did all the heavy lifting and isolated what emerged as the legacy phenos. Instead, newer breeders are mixing the emerged strains and incorporating all of those legacy cuts with newer, more recently found, higher yielding phenos. So I feel that if today’s strains are better, and some can definitely compete with and shadow the legacy cuts, it is because today’s strains have been built incorporating the hard work of all of those legacy growers.

13 Likes