Is everybody following the instructional amounts on fertilizers in flower?

No bugs what so ever. it was a very cold floor insta bannas ( above crawl space no basement )
ok one thing I havent mentioned cause I am not sure it even happend, the stupid bottle is flora-veg and flora-bloom but I am a moving fast, multi tasker, half wit and may have seen flora ( the first part of the words) and thought " hey flowers I want it to flower" and gave it veg fert during bloom, ONCE but again I don’t know if I did, i just caught it almost happening and thought has this happend?. I can after when lights are on bring them out to a normal house light and take a pic. I know one pic looks like it’s almost spiderwebby and mold and old, just the lighting, they look like cyrstaly buds frozen in time dry and crispy just not done filling out and at first
looked nice then one by one or two by two kinda taking a day or two each limped out eventually drying by fan. some roots werent impressive but no off colors or textures they looked like they did when i transplanted them just more of them. I was rotating them, they each got turns under the light. …

you smoke what you got, I guess so lol I also had the pots flat on the dish this may have caused problems.

1 Like

I use the GH 3 bottle system too.
I tend to only run about %50 of what the labels calls for.
So, if they say 12ml/gal… I only do 6 or 7ml/gal

Unless I start seeing a deficiency, I may bump one of them up to the recommended amounts on the label. But, typically… I think the recommended values are too hot.

3 Likes

I wish i knew!!! lol you know what I always am suspect I should have known they wanted me to use more then I needed.

I also use GH but in hydro and outdoors in summer. I have had that look before and as was said can be due to PH being out of whack and in soil the salt build up is possible.
I would also agree that if you don’t check the run off I would not give the ferts every time.

4 Likes

Common misconception that the directions should always be cut in half. GH wants you to grow successfully and keep buying their shit, not kill your plants just so you use a little more fertilizer.

A colder floor isn’t ideal but 15C at night isn’t that bad. Normal fertilizer and slightly too cool temps didn’t kill your plants. It doesn’t matter if they got the “wrong” fertilizer a few times either. That doesn’t account for sudden plant death.

Don’t know healthy for months then not with no significant changes it’s not getting hotter n the room winter is getting colder and the lights are only on 12 hrs as apposed to when everything was fine even at 18h temp wise. The plants which only vegged for a month are all fine all ten. those were further from the light more often, never trained as much , left to be more often, other then topped twice. . I mean allot of things get crossed off the list because only the plats that had a longer veg time are effected. same strain…

Thinking Ph issue like the others, or salt buildup. Sorry for your loss!

3 Likes

Thanks brother! while anyone is listening… my first favorite plant ( crystals and fastest growing nuggs) maintained a banana in between buds I didn’t spot and it pollinated my month olds, ones i really like everything about … so when you read up, its either good using pollen that was created by stressing females creating fem seeds or bad creating herm seeds. I am trying them anyways to find out for my self but still again when you read you get inconsistencies. not sure if it matters but the stress that caused the banana was a combo of very cold floor and display light on temp and humidity display was left on during rest. this was sometime before they started showing signs of wilt.

You might try actually measuring it. I’m using 7.5ml/gal of micro
15ml of bloom per gal
2.5ml of grow in flower
Keep in mind I’m running dwc so a soil grow would use less

1 Like

ya i just went with cap fulls , even amounts…

How much is in a cap full? Syringes to measure with are cheap. If you don’t know what you’re giving them there is no way to know what is causing the problem

3 Likes

Just for reference… this was ph caused. Seems similar to your pics … 2 different plants 2 different deaths. Both went quick

2 Likes

i am starting to think i screwed up, i was told to put a cap-full ( the cap on the 4 gallon GH bottle) for every 4 gallons water.

1 Like

does look similar.

That’s too much I’m running dwc and run 900-1300ppm. If you’re in soil feeding that at every watering you’ve got salt build up issues which is throwing off ph. Both will kill plants

1 Like

Here is link to the schedule if you decide to start measuring.

2 Likes

wow i was doing it wrong, i never mixed veg n bloom it was a cap of one or the other , cap per 4 gallon water. and always a cap of the micro

In veg I use the 7.5 micro 10 ml grow and 2.5 bloom.
What you’re doing is similar to the Lucas formula. My plants didn’t like it so went back to what worked. You really need to know the ph and TDS for your water no matter how good it tastes. Plants give 2 fucks how water tastes. If it’s got a high ph then the nutes may not bring it down far enough.

2 Likes

Are cheap tds meters good enough? Or do you have to spend the big bucks