Is there a terpene or profile of terpenes that you’re always on the hunt for?

I’m on the hunt for something with a super peachy pit fruit kinda profile. Also something with sappy pine. Also on the search for the heaviest citrus and tropical fruit bomb I can find…

Any suggestions are welcome, I’m having a harder time learning about strains than I am growing :rofl:

1 Like

I QUEST FOR THE MOST VIOLENT → Caryophyllene ← OUT THERE.

:hugs:

@DannyTerpintine , I feel you :fist:

2 Likes

Never thought I would like floral but hidden amongst say a skunk’s ass sitting on asphalt on a hot day farting strawberrys I got from a starburst, not bad. :joy:

Nice! Have you ever tried Cold Creek Kush? It’s super Caryophylene dominant to the point that it makes me sneeze and is spicy on the throat to smoke.

1 Like

Yummmm. I’d highly suggest pheno hunting some Tallyman. It’s super fruity, but phenos can range from lime to apricot & peach. A friend of mine has a super peachy cut and I’m always happy when he gifts me flower or rosin from it. So peachy. :peach::peach::peach:

1 Like

1 Like

Glycyrrhizin would serve you better than anisole… Or one of many other rootbeer and licorice flavored rhizome compounds.

Monoterpenes do not taste like candy. You need sugars and acids for that… Otherwise you have a vape pen with leaves.

The Durban Poison vape pen does not smell taste or feel like Durban Poison. It smells tastes and feels like essential oil. You need sugars and acids to provide the Durban Poison effect, not monoterpenes.

Flavor comes from root compounds. And they have very complex hyphenated aroma compounds attached, not “essential oil of the week” fruit rind terpenes pushed essential oil companies.

2 Likes

How do you know it’s Caryophyllene?

Did you test for Piperine? What about Chavicine?

It wasn’t grown by me so I did not test for these no. It was grown by my (at the time) legal medical producer here in Canada. The dominant terpenes were listed on the packaging by %. There’s some assumptions being made by me, but I know the cut that I was smoking was heavy on the caryophylene, unless they mislabeled their product, which I’m sure Health Canada wouldn’t be overly happy about.

This is super helpful context, thank you. I am by no means a plant scientist and it sounds like you know far more than me on the topic.

The Dutch bred for phellandrene because they thought that’s what gave Haze its aroma…But Haze gets its aroma from olibanic acid. Labs replaced humans and this is what you get.

Limonene has a very high detection threshold compared to the more interesting citrus compounds.

Isoamyl acetate?

Thanks! Found some seeds from Oni, will have to do some research

“The terpenes that were found in the meat were limonene, beta caryophyllene, terpinolene, terpineol and eucalyptol”

It’s almost like these redundant pop culture vape pen monoterpenes don’t actually mean much at all?

Meat gets its flavor from phospholipids, not meatanene.

2 Likes

Skunk :skunk: dank earthy pines 90s funk

2 Likes

One of the most unique smelling and tasting strains i ever got to try was called Sweet God from BC Bud depot. The buds literally smelled and tasted like they were dipped in honey. Been chasing that again for a long time.

Try Somango xxl its so fruity its not like weed at all.

Yeah me too, just like the old black hashish smell.

Bodhi has a yager crossed to the 88h13hp. I ran it as a tester a couple years back, it had a nice black licorice favor.

2 Likes