Is there a terpene or profile of terpenes that you’re always on the hunt for?

There was some smoke I used to get in the late 90s was supposed to be Northern lights From a Russian berry farmer that got hauled.It had the most wonderful earthy piney with a wiff of pungent skunky funk.The buds looked like little Lego Christmas trees

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the tip! :fist_right::fist_left:

Had a gorilla girl that smelled identical.to coffee shop with fresh ground coffee beans when it was curing. It was just like walking down the aisle at your specialty grocer. The smoke tasted more like chestnut or something

1 Like

I like grape bubblegum or grape candy. Grape bubblicious
Blueberry/muffin.
Cinnamon/ snickerdoodle.
I can’t taste lemon or pine unless I’m vaping.

1 Like

White grapes. The freebie that Mephisto gave out, 3BearsOGxDOUBLE GRAPE, I called it GRIZZLY GRAPES, was spot on. Want that in photoperiod though. Working on it. Trying to find it too. Need to raise dem dough

1 Like

Nice! I actually have those freebies too, might have to pop them at some point this year.

There used to be a clone floating around Holland in the late 90’s an very early 2000’ s, it seemed to disappear not long after. No one really knew what it was, but if anyone has any info please do tell. It was know as fishermans friend. I dont know if they sell the actual fishermans friends in other places but its a sort of very very strong mentholy vicks vapour rub lozenger type thing that you put in your mouth when having issues with your nose and throat. Very medicinal taste an this mysterious plant going around was just like them an just as strong.

1 Like

@parttime agreed, Grew some orig lemon pie last summer. it tastes as good as it smells :lemon:

3 Likes

Believe or not the closest to Vicks I got was from freebie seeds of cannabezien tree of life bx. It was a short chunky plant with light but solid buds and was so much like Vicks I couldn’t smoke it. Cured out like menthol and paint thinner. Wasn’t the indica high I like. Was Lil Racey.

2 Likes

Have you tried Purple Microdot? I’ve seen more than one grow journal that describes it as having a distinct black licorice smell and flavor. That’s the only one I’ve heard of with anything close to an anise type smell, and thanks to this thread I now know which terpenoid is responsible for that smell. So, thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Love me some blueberry!

5 Likes

I have not! Haven’t even heard of it if I’m going to be honest but I’m looking it up as we speak! Thanks for chiming in!

1 Like

Stinky, savory ones. Been getting lots of fruity ones lately. Not complaining at all, but I want some of that STRONG funky dirty FEET smelling stuff

4 Likes

I’m chasing fruity,sweet or lemon
Top 3
Although I do like that gas taste like that og cali kush gives you love that also

1 Like

I love the gas too. In Canada, most of the legal producers seem to be focusing on fruity/tropical cultivars. Hardly any gas on the market. Good thing I can grow my own :slight_smile:

1 Like

Throwing my hat in over a year later, I’m constantly looking for strains that are high in both limonene and linalool together. I really like the pairing of sweet florals and sharp citrus! I’m a fan of skunky things but I really want to make something that hardly even smells like bud when it’s burned.

1 Like

What are other citrus terpenes that have lower detection thresholds?? You’ve peaked my interest

Diesel terps and lemon pinesol terps.

Nag champa incense aroma like the early 90s Purple Haze

1 Like

The Smoke i have been going for is mostly 90s stuff.I remember the smells of the herb back then and they had that Nag champa Hashy weed Dankness with almost a touch of a catpiss,Fear sweat smell to them from never being dried all the way half the time.Classic seed’s Jaclyn has this smell so rich and spicey you will dry hit a joint of it and savor it every time In almost every one of those old beans.25 year IBL as pure an afghan as youll ever get.Rip Classic your beans are the stuff of legends.

2 Likes