Is this a mag deficiency?

Right now my media is coco coir with perlite. It is less expensive, and easier to dispose of, than rockwool.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using promix hp ā€¦ added perlite about 30 percent ā€¦ and itā€™s ok but I donā€™t like how wet it stays sometimesā€¦ and it also compacts but the perlite helps alot with that

1 Like

Yeah check it out thenā€¦ but the downfall is you gotta be medical to grow legally lolā€¦ government ughā€¦ but easy to get on the card kind of

Thanks for your input, I am a fan of AN pH perfect because of the chelates that make available all nutes to the plant independently the pH you have (donā€™t use pH pen). I bought this product because it already has them, that helps to dissolve them ā€¦ beer2|nullxnull

Flawless Finish is also different in that it has a very broad range of free-flowing chelates. Nobody else has these. There are many individual metals that need to be pulled out of crops. Chelates come in different shapes and sizes and are attracted only to certain metals. The other flushing formulas donā€™t have a broad enough range of chelates to remove all the substances present in your crops.

3 Likes

Understood. In the presence of an acid, magnesium sulfate becomes chelated. Therefore, adding a few drops of pH down to the Epsom Salt solution can be an equivalent. The excess Magnesium and sulfur helps purge excess Calcium and Phosphate from the media. I use General Hydro 3-part nutrients and they also mix to a perfect pH for me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m switching to Mega crops A and B after this outdoor grow. Iā€™ve been using their Sweet Candy 0-27-27 and its top-notch Iā€™m keeping my Bushdoctor Supplements tho

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, sadly theyā€™re not available here in Spain. ā€¦ eek|nullxnull

1 Like

did you try amazon in spain or is it a customs thing :frowning:

1 Like

Mega Crop Europe works Brexit stile :joy:, only available from and for the UK ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I see lots of posts about inconsistencies with mega crop; changing their formulations too often and not informing the community that they had re-formulated their mixture.
That, plus reports of nutrient fallout and cheap ingredients. I am not so sure about that product

2 Likes

Interesting thank you

2 Likes

I donā€™t mean to be a downer, those are just the Google results I get, if it works for you that is all that matters! :v:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only used their Sweet Candy I know they updated their NPK to 0-27-27 and are using old bags that say 0-0-16 but they did say this on Amazon. Their 25 lb. bags are updated on package 0-27-27 If their A and B is as good as this Sweet Candy. I will see on my next grow. Appreciate the heads up. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I think @Esrgood4u uses mega crop

3 Likes

I used it for years and the results were always mega. A 22lb bag lasted me 4 or 5 grows including feeding my outdoors plants and vegetables.
Last bag I didnā€™t store correctly and ended up with a solid rock that Iā€™m still chpping away at today :rofl:
My cannabis at the minute Iā€™m using Ionic hydro. Itā€™s cheap AF and its a one part veg and one part flower nutrient. Itā€™s just easier for me at the minute with how hectic work is at the minute. :v:

5 Likes

So how many ppms on the 500 scale would you say 10 percent isā€¦ and how low to ph? For the epsom rinse?

Epsom salts cause an increase of ppm that is approximately 103 ppm when 1g is added to 1 gallon of water. 3g of epsom salts per gallon of water should make a solution of ~300ppm. That should be pH balanced to the best range for your media.

2 Likes

I see this a lot with people who use bottled pH up or pH down. Especially from canna-oriented companies.
You end up chasing your tail and buying more products when the root cause is the bottled stuff in the first place.

Once you stop growing with bottles and synthetics, all these problems stop.

To quick fix a pH problem, put a handful or two of gypsum in a quart jar, water, and a teaspoon or two of vinegar. Let sit for a day after shaking vigorously. Dilute with water and water into soil.
Water in lime to bring pH up, water in a teaspoon of vinegar to bring pH down. N and P also bring pH down, cations bring pH up.

TL:DR
The biggest culprits in growing are pH down/up, Cal/Mag, bottled nutes. These were all created in the industry back in the 80ā€™s to force growers to keep buying more and more of their different products to fix a problem caused by their products

2 Likes

You do know thatā€™s just the way our health system works too. Itā€™s a proven model.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what im learning. Iā€™m currently looking into growing organically, I see a lot of no till but I donā€™t think I have the space for that so Iā€™m gonna try just using Dr. Earth or Kis organic soil.

Feel free to ask any questions

Notill takes a lot of prep and i believe good soil needs some tilling once in a while.

Lemme know if you wanna start with bagged soil or make it from scratch.
Good bagged soil is G&B, Coast of Maine, fox farm (owned by monsanto but alright). Then you can mix with pumice, minerals, and foods