It's Reversal (STS) Time!

Nothing to report this morning. The ladies I sprayed are all doing well with no more damage displayed.
Be spraying again tomorrow, pics will be added then.
It’s a waiting game now…

9 Likes

mamma mia 20 anni sono italiano e qui e tutto un po piu complicato ma ci proviamo lo stesso

2 Likes

??I’m sorry, but I have no idea what you just said??

Silver nitrate is cheap and all you need. One and done. Solution keeps for months in darkness in the fridge.

A gram could convert hundreds of plants and is something like $2-10

2 Likes

Like I said earlier, I’ve never done any method other than old school rodelization. This was supplied to me, so I’m using it for my attempt at ‘chemical based’ reversal.

2 Likes

What is the most up to date reversal method?

STS? Perhaps with additives?

Straight silver nitrate (with additives?)

2 Likes

I’m not positive on this, but the STS and/or the CS is what the ‘big dogs’ seed banks are using, is what I understand.

4 Likes

Google translate says this message is likely song lyrics or a quote…

Translated:
mom my 20 years old are Italian and here it’s all a bit more complicated but we try the same.

3 Likes

Well, lol that’s one mystery solved, but I guess it’s pertinent somehow to this… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

The morning update for Sunday…
They girls are showing a bit more leaf burn and curl but otherwise are fine. I’ll post a few pics this evening when I do the STS spray again

1 Like

I’ve not saying don’t use CS or STS or whatever ethylene blocker it if you already have it, but there is no need to buy some special reversal spray for tons of money for those who do not yet.

CS is less effective and needs more sprays than STS which is less effective and needs more sprays than AgNO3. (Efficacy: CS<STS<AgNO3)

CS is the least phytotoxic, but the biggest waste of silver ions, STS is slightly more toxic than CS, but less phytotoxic than AgNO3. (Toxicity: CS<STS<AgNO3)

Generally, unless you are having issues or the phytotoxicity of the AgNO3 is causing growth problems to the point of low pollen production, it is the easiest and most efficient in terms of price, availability, and amount of silver applied (which should never be applied near waterways in any form). Even then, you could just lower the concentration and increase spray frequency.

1-Methylcyclopropene is also EPA registered for use as an ethylene blocker on ornamentals and is commercially available.

It’s rare a big dog will waste time and resources using CS, though some do

4 Likes

It wasn’t premade/premixed…it’s the ingredients and I mix it myself. But, if it doesn’t work, then I can always try another method and CS seems to be the next one in line. I’m determined to get these old strains reversed for seeds to hand out and/or trade on OG

4 Likes

Interesting read

1 Like

Nice information. Where did you come across the straight silver nitrate solution?

Anyone tested out 1-Methylcyclopropene?

Anyone know or have ideas of what’s in hybritechs elitexelite spray?

1 Like

Any ethylene blocker should work similarly. With silver (colloidal, ionic, STS, AgNO3) it is the silver ion that matters.

2 Likes

Update…The girls did NOT like the first spray, it’s becoming very obvious! Third day after the first treatment and there is a lot of burn, browning, dead leaves, wilting and curling.
I sprayed them again, per instructions… we’ll see if they do a comeback, they should, hopefully. lol

8 Likes

What’s the PPM of the current Spray/Mixture? Maybe “too hot”??? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah, I kinda felt the same, so I diluted it some more for this 2nd spraying. It’s 1-2 ratio of distilled water and STS mixture. If needed I’ll dilute further. Haven’t checked the PPM, just mixed/diluted according to instructions.
(1 part mix, 2 parts distilled water)

3 Likes

I had a similar result when I used a small batch of STS that likely was too hot from imprecise measuremens due to very small amounts of ingredients. More distilled water is probably the right thing to do. :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, the instructions are varied as to mix ratios, on all the sites everyone has the ‘magic’ ratio lol I’ll just have to go with my guts and keep bringing it down. But I WILL get seeds, sooner or later, one way or the other!!

edit… er, I mean I WILL get pollen! lol but then comes the seeds :wink: :sunglasses:

7 Likes