I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

That is most awesome to hear , you should offer to send him a lifetime supply of pollen in return

6 Likes

That’s a great idea man. :+1::+1::+1: How’s it looking so far on pollen @YoBigdaddy? Sploogefest?

3 Likes

I don’t know if your talking about snowhighs generosity or pheno_fiends but i really appreciate both.

2 Likes

Super big shout-out to @Pheno_fiend he hasn’t been on OG very long but he definitely has the OG spirit. He seen that we had only 6 males and no females and he graciously offered to send us some cuts. Even though they have already started seeding the only thing he asked for in return was some pollen from the six males we have. He even payed shipping.( I offered) I have been collecting pollen for the last 2 weeks I offered to send him a vial full of pollen. He heard the Cuts may not make it And he decided to pass on the pollen and send me some of the seeds he produced and in return I will dose them with this pollen and send him seeds back. I also told him I would send him some seeds from the landrace stock I have. True OG spirit he just wants to keep the genetics preserved and spread the love.(seeds) I cannot tell you how much I appreciate his generosity. But let’s try and return the overgrow spirit and let’s spread the love.
Thanks again

21 Likes

Absolutely man, and if we end getting some females out of this next round of Dalat seeds from Snowhigh, I think we should send him some of those too. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

9 Likes

This just made my day! And it’s going to get better. Panama should be here today. @Guitarzan…after every storm, the sun will shine😁!
Thanks so much @Pheno_fiend ! You’re making the dreams of 20 people become reality! And more to follow!

7 Likes

Hey @Upstate, are you guys still doing the Mexican thing this month? I never tried any yet but it’s a good time for me to start trying mine. My one and only haze plant going now is finishing soon, like maybe 2 weeks.

I have so many I want to grow NOW!, lol. I want to get into that Maui Mango Haze and the Cherry Bomb, as well as re-doing @lefthandseeds 4P, and 3 Way Durb. Not sure how I’m gonna do this!

At some point I need to make seeds of my Lemon Thai. I may ask the friend I got them from if they mind me doing a co-op preservation. 2 of the seeds are f1s from @Santero, so I would check with him, too. The other 5 are f2s.

At least it’s winter and not much else going on. Let’s see… either spend all of my time growing cool pot strains or going out in public to die of a suffocating virus., lol… :thinking:

Yep, I always come right back to the pot option. :grin:

11 Likes

Yes the Central American Landrace thread is up and running! I’m germinating this next week myself. Please do join in the fun! Time to crack some beans!

3 Likes

Not gonna happen today man. The USPS is a clusterfuck. They don’t track individual packages anymore, they just track the container it’s put in for transport. That’s why the only tracking info available for this one is,

It’s sitting in a box somewhere waiting to be scanned.

Everything’s been running a day late, so hopefully they’ll be there tomorrow.

8 Likes

No worries. Thanks buddy.

3 Likes

Hey @YoBigdaddy!! There’s a 6 pack of Dalat in the mail! Supposed to be here Monday, but I’ll believe that when I see it. He may have thrown a pack of a Nangarhar Afghani Preservation in there too. He said he was going to anyway. We’ll see. :grinning:

I’ll let you know when I have them in hand. :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Not gonna make it today either. Now tracking just shows “delivery date unknown”, so who knows. Hopefully they’ll get there sometime next week. :rage:

5 Likes

It’s the holidays. To be expected I suppose. Theyll get here.

2 Likes

Cool, is he delivering to me or you?

1 Like

Since I was the actual buyer he’s sending them to me. They’re supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but with the Covid vaccine shipping as we speak, I’ll be surprised if they get here on time.

Even if they do, I’m kinda leery about mailing them until this initial shipping rush settles down some, but there’s no telling when that’ll be. I guess we’ll see. :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

It’s none of my business to stick my nose in a project I am not a part of, but as a bystander super interested in this project, I think that is pretty smart. Holiday shipping + pandemic + insane USPS politics = I wouldn’t personally ship anything I couldn’t easily replace monetarily. I’d at least do it overnight. Then again, the risk is probably minimal. I just have a surprisingly little amount of faith in the current postage system and its ability to operate smoothly under the current strain.

6 Likes

yeah, i remember sending you some
“lemon bubba” (= 1992 bubba kush x lemon thai f1 male).

you can aleways use my seeds as you see fit, brother.
no restrictions whatsoever …

(only one maybe: please share your results and spread the love ! :slight_smile: )

18 Likes

Howdy @santero brother. @Smilestyle hit me up with his Golden Wedding seeds, some Malawi Gold, and some LT f2, 5 seeds. He also sent two seeds of what he said were your’s?, I think they say f1.

Plus, yes, I have the Lemon Bubba, and a ton of seeds from my only grow of them. I think they got pollinated by JC’s JC Haze (Sannies Jack x Silverfields). So, I have to start over with the LB seeds. The ones I grew were bodacious strong, and one turned black.

Nice to hear from you bro. I’m hardly able to get online much lately. I’ll be inside a lot more for winter so I’ll be back on the other OG soon, too.

I hope all is well with you and your family. Merry Christmas and stuff! peace

7 Likes

Any updates? More roots?

3 Likes

Not much to report. The roots look the same not much if any new roots kinda stalled out. So i changed water in cloner and added a couple drops of superthrive and we will see. Still collecting pollen for another week probably. Should have plenty now just patiently (not) waiting for the girls to show up. Hopefully more beans are on there way.

13 Likes