I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

Thats great news! Did you just flip the light cycle ? Or is that just a growth spurt they’re going through?

2 Likes

Did you get anything out of those seeds? @Pheno_fiend’s seed harvest is looking really nice, and that purple male, Aye Carumba!

Really great thread man. :grinning:
:guitar:

4 Likes

I flipped them 8 days ago and they took off, you can see where some of them grew into light and curled the leafs before i could move them.

3 Likes

No unfortunately, out of the six seeds only one had anything developed enough in it to germ and its hanging on for dear life. It might make it we are definitely not giving up yet, but it hasnt done anything since putting it in soil.

4 Likes

Damn. That’s too bad. I’m more thankful for @Pheno_fiend every day. :grinning:
:guitar:

5 Likes

Oh, the Straindescription you found somewhere @YoBigdaddy about Da We Dalat states it was outcrossed to Haze and Afghani… Does anyone know what we have here, it sounds like most Da We Dalat`s shoud deriver from this initial Breedingprocess:

Original Description:

We had a bad germination in 32 old seeds,
In addition we have found some hermafrodites: Dalat has been a continuous discover male flowers during this selection,
Finally we have been able to reproduce and to maintain 3 plants (- 3%)
Sadly, some of the most interesting phenos were hermies.

Finally we got 1 male and 2 females Luckyly the 2 females represent certain phenological range, differents in structures
and look: Green opened the first female, columnar and purple the other.

These 2 females have been polinizated with a Vietnam Dalat vigorous male, Haze,and finally with the Afghani male (lime flavour).

4 Likes

She’s still pushing!

I found 6 spots that we’re still putting out pistils. I was thinking of chopping in 2 weeks, but I’ll probably just let it go and pull off seeds along the way.

18 Likes

I just read the whole Da We Dalat Thread on icmag. Nowhere have i ever heard Da We is outcrossed.
Where did you find that article @YoBigdaddy

3 Likes

Hows it going my fellow hunter? [quote=“romanoweed, post:282, topic:38093”]
Straindescription you found somewhere @YoBigdaddy about Da We Dalat states it was outcrossed to Haze and Afghani… Does anyone know what we have here, it sounds like most Da We Dalat`s shoud deriver from this initial Breedingprocess:
[/quote]

That article was from 2011 “all about weed” i hope what we have is before this cross. But im not sure the cross mentioned in article is what is known as da we da lat. I wish John would clarify for us? He did say what i have is not da we da lat. It is da lat. Which is just the name of region as you already know.
Can’t figure out how to share link but here is quote you mentioned.

These 2 females have been polinizated with a Vietnam Dalat vigorous male, Haze,and finally with the Afghani male (lime flavour). That was end of article. I am pretty sure the da we da lat was used in snowhigh laughing grass

2 Likes

Thats crazy, still throwing pistols she’s a survivor haven’t you been having crazy wind and weather out there. She is a true freak. Gotta love them colors. Is that the remains of a flower below your thumb? Did she hermie much?

5 Likes

Maybe these were just different hybrids he made with dalat pollen. That could be read a couple ways…

4 Likes

Got a message from Snowhigh:
my seeds came from an old breeder who retired, he got the seeds directly from Da we Dalat. It was labeled simply as Dalat #1 It was stored poorly and I was lucky to get them to germ.

There was crosses by others like to white widow but labeled as such SEA x WW or South East Asian x White Widow. The SEA was DaLat, I’ve never tried to pop those seeds yet.

FYI the Da Lats I grew didn’t look like hybrids just lanky leaves like a weeping willow and little floral clusters mainly.

6 Likes

Ok I’m confused did he say the words"da we" because thats a strain not a place?

[quote=“romanoweed, post:288, topic:38093”]
It was stored poorly and I was lucky to get them to germ.
[/quote] ok i understand that part.

Did he say that or did you?

2 Likes

Da We is a place i recall. Sounds exactly like vietnamese Villagenames.

Well it sounds like Snowhigh got the seeds then from the initial Collector, who got Seeds from the Place Da We in Dalat.

If it is the same Collector as the other Da Wee Dalat`s in circulation? i think so!
Would be a bit a Coexidence.

Sounds like we have the common Da We Dalat here, UNLESS the Collector has colected two lines.

I imagine the Collector did not Tag it as Da We, and now Snowhigh cant say for shure if its the Da We Line, but as it sounds it is from the Collector who brought the commonly known Da We D. into circulation…

@yobigdaddy my previous post is all Snowhioghs response

4 Likes

Horrible winds. Last weekend we hit a heatwave, and once that was over, we had wind hitting 30mph again. Gusts of wind were getting up to 65mph. It was so bad, that palm trees were being uprooted and breaking apart concrete.

As far as I saw, there were no nanners, but I’ve always wondered if a plant would herm after it developed seeds. Stress herming is supposed to be a preservation mechanism for some plants, but if the plant already created offspring, would that mechanism need to activate?

7 Likes

I thought Di Wee was the name of the original person that brought the Da lat over to the states.

5 Likes

I read somewhere of people growing long flowering varieties and intentionally pollinating them early in the season to prevent hermaphrodites.
It does seem like the need for hermaphroditism would be gone if the plant was already fertilized, like you say.
The dalat held up well under those wind conditions?

7 Likes

Well that didnt work for me. I have one buddha thai i pollenated and she is throwing flowers never seen anything like it buds are loaded with seeds and she has 3 flowers with pollen that opened up and may have contaminated my sunrise thai.???

2 Likes

That sucks! Were you able to spray the sunrise thai down with water? If you do it within 24 hours you can wash the pollen off before fertilization…
So the Buddha Thai is loaded with seeds? Self-pollination? I’m sure it’s a stress-related thing. Couple Generations indoors and I think that trait could go away… have any pictures?

2 Likes

Fertilization is as fast as 20 minutes, 24 hours hell have a shitload of beans.

6 Likes