I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

They are on the list, probably run them in the spring I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

Damn they are sold out of everything. I think i have some mango thai in fridge haven’t grown it yet. I think i got from mr.nice dont remember have to look when i get home. That lao gold plant on there site looks kinda like bushy sativa i was told it was vietiane it tasted kinda like KF but not same.

1 Like

@RedOctober those are obviously not Gypsy Nirvane Thaistick. But i might know where to buy some GN Thaistick. But not shure yet if i should tell

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t tell anybody about it. If you did, we could all wind up with some seeds, and god knows we wouldn’t want that.

19 Likes

Those Strainaholics meetings are getting crowded… :laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

11 Likes

Ok, plants or a week old, we have 6 in soil 4 still trying i cracked the shells open after a week and been spraying them with a little germ juice twice a day for last 3 days. 2 trying to sprout, still hoping. Germ juice: cup of 6.0 ph well water, 10cc of coconut milk,10 cc super thrive, and dab of root gel, in spray bottle. Everything is going to end up in living super soil, they will stay in 1/2 gal pots for most of life at least till after stretch. I hope. It seems backwards but i dont want these to get huge, growing for seed indoors. Ok so about the 6 we have some freaks. Check out how the leafs kinda stacked on each other. 3 in 1, some of the leafs look like they have been eaten by something but they came out like that. They usually will correct themselves. Gotta love them freaks.

20 Likes

Gotta love them Freaks. :grinning:

Great job so far man! :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

7 Likes

I have that one. It should be grown next to Chen’s dream for comparison sake… but that will have to be another thread.

2 Likes

Monkey puzzle genetics is run by Steve dando on Instagram. If you remember a couple months back we were all talking about Chen’s dream, also known as Cambodian gold. Some of us got seeds from Steve.

2 Likes

Because Laos is on the other side of the Mekong River from Thailand, the genetics are often the same. The thing about southeast Asia these days, is that you may find landraces, but not necessarily in their region of origin.

7 Likes

Have you learned nothing yet? People on this website share, and in particular, this land race crew shares.

9 Likes

Apparently not everyone, I had to swear an oath of silence and sign over my first child. Just for a link. Lol

11 Likes

yes @uptate you shared a “link” that i found reasonable, ok. I never in my live got a Link of a Strain that i found GOOD . Meaning some real deal oldschool vibe Weed. Never.

My Situation is this. I hunted 6 years, after 20 years that i smoked the trippiest Dreamweed i chased since. I hunt every forum on the net up and down, really inside out, up and down .
So, after 4 years of hunting i first time found something that i even bought, 4 years only googling. No smoking, no buying, just searching cause nothing good enough.
After 6 years it exploaded with links and leads i found cause i nailed every link, any lead and what not all. The problem : i have no money. So , am i now supposed to give all my links away to a random stranger? or to a seemingly landrace-enthusiast? Probably i share some with landraceenthusiasts, and i did MULTIPLE times, often with strains i dont need so much, but are precious for other. Or if they were precious for me i told them to not share the Links. (thats why some probably think i didnt) . I did it multiple times.

I hunted 6 years straight, now i shouldnt get any Reward cause my Links are often assumably limited Stock? I should give my links away before i even got a single seed cause im broke/poor? I think thats what you suggest, and i cant imagine the reasoning.

I tell you what i think: everyone shoud get my Seedslines, every one be it a good, or a bad person. Free. BUT i should get some TOO. and by giving them before i could secure any for me, (remember theyre limited) this is NOT NECESSARLY possible why? cause its the open Net, someone could buy it, not repro it, and i will never see seeds myselve. Thats a posibility and i dont really wanna gamble with 6 years of straight work. Also cause the seeds Furture, cause i know i repro them.
Well, and you telling: “have you not learned yet” suggest i have done something wrong by offering another one the possibility to dig that i wanna share my link to a good person like possibly him. So i dont see how this is NOT sharing.

So, you see, i already shared links with like 20 People, and i was on to it again with what you regard as not sharing. (I dont judge that it was possibly wrong understood from you)
So, in short: i already do/did share, and if i dont share, it is cause i dont gamble with 6 years straight work and if i possibly doo despite ( i was about to do that), then i try to minimize the impossibilities to get something myselve by searching people who meet certain requirement like not share links, plus sometimes i ask if they would send me repro, but sometimes i dont even ask for a repro, and pledate i might hear them one day aking if i want some repros… Sometimes i just give links away just cause i have a exeprional impression of a person too…

Probably you can understad the reasons, or if not you have the possibility to try give me good reasons what i should do, im always openminded

4 Likes

@YoBigdaddy :grin: yes man its funny , strange situation. but you can decide: ogkush or swearing for Godweed

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from. I really do. I get the investment of time you’ve made. And viewed individually, you make great points.

I would argue that this need for preservation is approaching a crisis if not already there. We are all here for the same reason. I don’t think you need to lay out your research for all. You clearly need to be a part of the research team. Just share the info as needed to accomplish our goals.

It sounds hyperbolic but this project has the potential to be way bigger than twenty people saving some strains. We can securitize strains that will soon be lost. With some, we don’t have years before they’re gone.

I’m excited for this group. We can work through issues as we go.

Kev :v:t4:

14 Likes

You know how i feel, your secrets safe with me. And i will definitely repo and share anything that comes from them with you. Including my oldest she will be 40 this year and has 5 kids she’s a ( Landrace) from original f1 stock. Gotta guit smoking in the morning.

9 Likes

I found this awhile back thought i would share.
This strain denotes a great morphological difference between males and females. They are so thin and lanky the females, males looking like wide leaflets and generally more compact in size:
Females looking like males in form and structure.

Its a super vigorous green giant , the clones root in all conditions. Dalat is a plant with a
opened structure and long space between knots, Sativa from Southeastern Asia, needs big doses of direct
light to express itself.

Better to avoid the vegetative, the plants continue growing and forming new floral clusters until maturation.

In 2.6 gallons pots in outdoor, it arrives easily at 2,50mt. (9 feets)
Forming great flowers around the branches, with a precious central bud.

They react with laziness to the change at 12/12, to enter in flowering where they continue maturing and forming
new flowers, During 22/28 weeks.

Beautiful relation calyx / leaves.
Smelling like certain Asiatic sativas (Thai, Laos, Cambodia.)
citrus and fresh flowers, intense and delicate at the same time,
with more intensity than other Thai sisters.

Production isnt his best quality, because the calyx are very small in size
and the bud structure is airy: opened, little density.

Very vigorous and resistant to mold and plagues in general, they adore high amount of Nitrogen and more nuts in
general, has a high metabolism and for that reason they need Moderate and frequent irrigations.

The high is very strong but with a short time high: I will smoke more and more
until I forget what I do…

We had a bad germination in 32 old seeds,
In addition we have found some hermafrodites: Dalat has been a continuous discover male flowers during this selection,
Finally we have been able to reproduce and to maintain 3 plants (- 3%)
Sadly, some of the most interesting phenos were hermies.

Finally we got 1 male and 2 females Luckyly the 2 females represent certain phenological range, differents in structures
and look: Green opened the first female, columnar and purple the other.

These 2 females have been polinizated with a Vietnam Dalat vigorous male, Haze,and finally with the Afghani male (lime flavour).

Additional Strain Information
Lineage: Vietnam landrace
Family: Asian landraces
Origin: D.W
Region: Vietnam Dalat
Genotype: Landrece strain
Indoor Maturation: 22-24 weeks
Outdoor Maturation: 22-24 weeks
Sex Possibilities: Male/Female/Hermafrodites
Stature: Big branchy sativa
Yield: Medium
Odour Level: Medium-high
Odour Description: Citrus and fresh flowers
Taste Level: Intense and delicate at same time
Taste Description: Floral-citrus

11 Likes

agian: this was the FULL message i made after @RedOctober seemed to epress his hope GN Thaistick was around, and some interpreted negatively:

@RedOctober those are obviously not Gypsy Nirvane Thaistick. But i might know where to buy some GN Thaistick. But not shure yet if i should tell

And also, i wrote two times a while ago after i uploaded an Album af vietblacks, hoabac, cambodiancross something like this directly under the Pictures :

I am very happy to talk, ask any question, just PM.

if you wanted to a adress with your concern that i should share Link openly visible with all (eg. sharing widespread), read my long Anwser 3 posts before this.

4 Likes

You know who you can trust…fbsc

2 Likes