I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

you see in the Reasonng if i share , that i share with people i rather trust.
The parmeters that make me trust i wont lay out now openly.
And fbsc dosent really fullfill that parameters. Its a group of people that gambled on paying 50 upfont, and seem to like landraces. Probably they are more, they are preservers prob. who knows

To few to make me gamble on 6 years of hunt, 20 years of waiting for arrival of tripweed
To few to make me gamble on the further living of precious strains.

If anyone want to continu talk, better pm, for the flow of the Thread

4 Likes

This is just a thought :
We as overgrow could start a go fund me fund since you posted your broke I’d kick in 5 bucks just to have you order a package of something you’ve dreamt of buying and grow it out .That way you can keep your source private gain the seeds you’ve wanted with the option to make more seed to give away . It’s a win for everyone .I’m just a nobuddy with stoner thoughts maybe it’s not such a great idea?

10 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior thats a great idea. I would also let them send to a OG Member (of trust) that could reproduce it sooner than me, since it would take like 2 years for me to have Time for it. Or you can wait, how you want

I can give you OGers the possibility to buy:

• Gypsy Nirvana - Thaistick
  • possibly other private 70s realdeal Thais(these might be expensive . its a hippy wich has many of them, and once wanted to send me some, but would have to look)
  • unknown Sumatran x Thai 100d
  • i think it is: northern Cali gooey (SEAsian leanng multihybrid) 40d
  • Bodhi Saitiva Reeferman 100d

I would have to look, i have many others, but cant remeber.

3 Likes

the idea from @ShiskaberrySavior is more than nice. for me, and probably for all. That way i dont gamble the hell out with my links. my work , my dream

explonation: the people can send the money to me, so they take the risk of simply 10 d on them. So we can buy those strains, and someone of trust reproduces them to share with all, me you everyone
If you dont trust in me, you can could send the money to an other member, but that would make me feel pretty unsave.

The result: the community risks something too. 10d to be eact each. And i dont risk anything that much.
Im principially bit tired of collecting money stuff from 10 people tho. But yeah

3 Likes

So what do you guys think about the Da lat 14 post in a row 2 by me then bunch more not one about unicorns, da lat or old memories. Don’t mean to be a dick but… A few ok.

5 Likes

Yeah sorry for hijacking this thread.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming. (deep announcer voice)

4 Likes

I can’t remember ever running a strain where the males and females were markedly different. Is it more common that I’ve thought? Is it more common in SEAsian strains.

Sorry I sound like a five year old. This shit is just so damn cool!

1 Like

I dont know how common it is in all sativas but i have noticed little thing before that can help. Thicker stalks, usually taller, faster growing all male character traits. What i found interesting is this is opposite, male short and bushy, female tall and lanky. Kinda depends on strain more than sativa/ indica maybe above my pay grade. But if this holds true i have 2 males 4 females so far not giving up yet on others.

7 Likes

Wow this spun out of control, @YoBigdaddy keep plugging away, you will find your unicorn and keep us posted with your progress! :v:

6 Likes

^FBSC
5 Likes

So, I gotta ask… is it weird that I’ve never heard of Dr. Hook? Also, is it just me or does that just sound awful? Like, ear-bleedingly awful?

3 Likes

No. It’s not weird at all. They do a song called, “The Cover of The Rolling Stone” that was pretty popular, but that’s about it. I know about 'em because I’m part hillbilly, and hillbillies love that shit. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Lmao. Some bands really need to be seen in person I think. I love oldies, swing, and bebop, but a lot of old recordings don’t hit the ear like live music

8 Likes

Not sure if it is hillbilly or just old school @Guitarzan. I know their songs. Of course when I was younger, most of the country may have been considered hillbilly…lol

5 Likes

That’s really interesting that dalat has shorter male plants. Sounds like it was hybridized at one time in its history. Makes more sense for male plants to rain pollen down on the females.( Maybe those French breeders mixed up a kick ass landrace recipe and then stabilized it )Takes a strange wind for pollen to blow upwards, but it does happen. I’ve read of short Indica like plants in the highlands of Southeast Asia. Is the description from the dalat seeds you have growing or different?

3 Likes

How’s the green kids? Any updates?

2 Likes

have you seen in the description: he only kept 3 percent, wich were non-hermie. he writes, sadly the most interesting plants were hermie.
I kind of thought these pictures looked ore interesting, (probably they show hermies, probably im mistaken)

old pics of Dawe dalat:

16 Likes

Okay time for another update it looks like we got 1 to sprout from second batch. I have been babying them all week and don’t have much hope for the other four so it looks like we have six da lat to work with. They seem to love the new living soil the 80 degrees and 60% humidity and the 11 hr light cycle from the 20000 Lumen cheap LED light. Before i formally introduce you to the freaks. Let me say the description i posted was from another breeder not snowhigh. He also had poor germ rate. And i think he was working with a sum what stable gene (worked) and there is nothing stable about what we have. And john said it is not da we da lat. I have seen the mutated leaves and discoloration before and it usually corrects itself i have a theory about why but I’ll let someone way more educated than me explain why they do that. This guy(?) Is affectionately called#1

15 Likes

This is # 2

15 Likes

15 Likes