I've been hunting unicorns "Da Lat"

Still have some freaky leafs.

21 Likes

Nice balls though. :rofl:

5 Likes

I was just in Dalat last December. What beautiful country! Really cool to see these.

I just started getting more into KNF and JADAM this year! I am running coco dtw inside, so I have only been utilizing it outside in my vegetable garden and other plants around the house. I love it.

I was going out into the forests / mountains / valleys and collecting amazing leaf mold / mycellium layers and making IMO using the JADAM method with just water, cooked potatoes, salt and the mycellium / leaf molds. My plants all seemed to LOVE it and it is soooo simple and cheap.

I still have a FPJ made from all the leaves from defoliating going into flowering, and some LAB as well.

13 Likes

I have seen a lot of pictures of viet nam never been. But it does look like a beautiful place. You should try knf on inside plants they will love it also. When i first switched over i grew same plant side by side. One with liguid nutes, and one with living soil and labs, and you could definitely tell the difference in taste of cured weed. I believe weed should taste good. No going back

10 Likes

Think it would work in coco ? I have had a desire to switch to living recycled soil inside but just keep ordering jacks hydro nutes when Im getting low and then finding it hard to switch with pounds of salts sitting there. Maybe this spring will be a good transition time. I spent 30 days in Vietnam, first time visiting the country, and it was all beautiful. The northern part was my favorite, but Dalat sure is a gem in the lower regions, allowing to get away from the brutal heat and humidity down lower in elevation by Saigon and the coast.

6 Likes

I have never tried it with just coco but I know build a soil sells a mineral and nutrient pack specifically for it so it must work. I know coco is low in calcium and phosphorus so you would prob need to bulk up on them. Its hard to switch when what your doing is working. 30 days sounds like a great trip. Was you able to truly enjoy the sunrise while you was there? That would be cool to go there bring back beans and grow them here myself.

1 Like

I heard for Seedmaking, one should do it Organic. Seeds need all Nutrients (Micronutrients aswell) , way more than producing Bud to smoke i interpret.
I dont know about Coco, but i guess its probably not the best for Seedmaking

3 Likes

Yeah I think I will just go route of standard soil build without coco when I do make the switch.

I have built a clackamas coots style mix the last time I was able to grow some plants outside and it worked really well.

The sunrises were phenomenal when I was up early enough haha. The whole trip was great- traveled the country from North to South and then spent a week+ on a Thai island decompressing on the beach and swimming in the oceans there everyday until coming back home.

Interesting @romanoweed I am producing Silver Mountain F2s in Coco - not doing drain to waste just normal daily or bi-daily water and it seems to be producing seed just fine, although perhaps organic would be doing even better!

4 Likes

did you test longtermstoration? I guess only then you know for shure. I hope it worked well, no expert i am…

1 Like

The seeds are still being produced. I have pulled probably 200 or so seeds out now that definitely look mature, but I have not done a germination test as I think it is best to let the seeds “dry” for a month or so?

Could absolutely be true, and I would be interested to know. Nature typically does it best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Near Dalat

13 Likes

Sounds like dream vacation. Another sativa fan i haven’t grown silver mountain yet how long does it flower? Sounds awesome gotta love anything bodhi does.

2 Likes

Pretty quickly really- I had 2 females and the longer, fluffier one was definitely done imo at 10 weeks. The other one was done around a week quicker. I am refraining from buying any seeds (well, after the greenpoint deal) so I am trying to not even look at Bodhis new offerings :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Man, I don’t want to aid and abet a hijacking, but how do you use LAB with your plants? Do you do foliar only, do you add it to their water? I read an article that said to spray it directly on the soil early in the AM, and late in the evening. It supposed to juice up the microbes. The next time I brew tea I’m adding some in right before I use it.

I’ve really gotten interested in KNF. I’ve watched Chris Trump’s videos, and bombed 3 times trying to make WCA, because I can’t get the membrane out of the shells. So tomorrow, I’m gonna hard-boil a bunch of eggs, and attempt to peel them while leaving the membrane behind. I did a test egg, and all I can say is thank God for Adderall. :laughing:

One question, even if the peeling succeeds, I still need to cook the shells right?

I made some FPJ from my pot plants earlier in the year, and it seems to work great. FFJ is next. When spring rolls around, IMO is first on my list.

I’ve been getting really good results using 5.1.1 fish fertilizer, so FAA is another one I want to try, but I’m not sure where to get the fish scraps. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

5 Likes

@Guitarzan I usually Pour it directly on the soil. And I usually only do it once every couple of weeks right before lights out or if it just acts like it needs it it does kick the microbes into gear that’s for sure and that makes whatever nutrients or minerals you put in there available to the plant. I tried foiler spray once and didn’t really like it it left a film on the leaves but never have tried it since. I’ve never really had a problem that I know of with the membrane sticking to the egg how are you crushing it I used coffee bean Grindr and fry it up never have noticed any membrane left behind maybe try crushing it up smaller. i would definitely fry it, dont think boiling would have same reaction. Them leftover pumpkins work really well for FFJ. you might have to break out the fishing pole for the FAA. Where you get the 5.1.1. Been hearing good stuff about fish shit. I got free bottle haven’t tried it yet.

3 Likes

Hey man thought I would try to chime in too.

LAB or Lactobacillus is actually a whole group of bacteria. AFAIK it is great for a soil drench for the reasons YoBigDaddy stated as it pre-digests the nutrients and works with the plants in a symbiotic nature… I just started fermenting food this year (kraut, beets/carrots/onion/garlic) and learned that the same family of bacteria is mostly responsible for the fermentation and pre digestion of the kraut or other vegetables and is wonderful for our microbiome as well.

I am pretty sure it is supposed to be a good foliar if you are fighting Powdery Mildew. Lactobacillus is the reason that raw milk foliars are supposed to help with PM - I am pretty sure, although I haven’t ever tried this method.

Good luck with the egg shells! I haven’t tried that process yet.

FAA Sounds amazing but I am not sure if my neighbors would appreciate me trying that in the backyard for a year haha… In terms of getting the fish - how about a restaurant that serves a lot of fish. Maybe they have a bunch of parts and bones after processing the fish for cooking? Not sure but maybe a grocery store that fillets fish and such.

7 Likes

Most restaurants get pre-packaged filets, depends on the restaurant. I worked at a place in Portland that used to get whole halibuts shipped in. Freaked me the fuck out the first time I went in the walk-in looking for lemons, turned around and there’s a massive fish sitting there. A lot of restaurants use the bones for stocks, too. Grocery store’d probably be a better idea.

5 Likes

Yeah on second thought you are spot on id say.

2 Likes

The advantage to organically produced seeds is that they will last longer without any special storage methods. This has been proven. But if seeds are going into long-term storage it shouldn’t make much of a difference. The one disadvantage I have read about Coco, is that the micro life really love it, and they eat it so fast you need to add extra perlite to prevent compaction. I don’t know this, I just read this.

5 Likes

This information may or may not be related, but my Brazilian friend said that in his home country everybody uses egg shells on the surface of the soil. He said it is absolutely key that the egg shells sit in complete darkness for 2 or 3 days first. I have absolutely no idea why, but I can see the difference in his plants. Not much to do with making your own calcium additive, but perhaps with this method you don’t have to?

3 Likes