Jacks Nutrients

Here is a pic for the 0-12-26 no nitrogen Part A from Jacks. I bought a bag of it and shared this pic in another Jacks thread on the site. Be aware that Jacks pictures on their website do not always match up to the real analysis thats on the bag. The pic they have for the 0-12-26 is from a different one of their products that they photoshopped the new label onto. May have been a one off because they were in a rush to get the new no nitrogen part A to market, but I thought it was a sloppy thing for them to do considering they should have expected there would be alot of people interested in the makeup and would be looking at the pic.

7 Likes

You going to use that as a finisher?

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, 0-12-26 has been added! Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Definitly as a finisher for the last couple of weeks. Playing with the idea of just using this part A all through flower instead of the normal 5-12-26. Managing the nitrogen levels solely through the part B CalNit has an added benefit of boosting Calcium levels as well.

4 Likes

Does anyone mix their own nutes from raw salts? I started doing it after prices started going up and after realizing I could hit the elemental values I was aiming for much easier with individual salts. Micros are a bit tricky but just need a scale that will measure into the millionths of a gram. Been doing a lot of experimenting with ratios and values but it’s been working pretty good so far.

4 Likes

@SeymourGreen yes, @lefthandseeds does! He started with Jacks and Masterblend and found it easier to just go from elemental salts to hit his metrics accurately at all stages of growth:

I think he found that the Custom Hydro micros were the best overall but definitely read his thread he’s super deep into it at this point and has gotten things pretty dialed!

There’s also a great thread by @LD50 comparing different fertilizer products and their combos if you want a baseline comparison of one against another or some inspiration for mixing:

5 Likes

You have a good source for those salts?r

1 Like

@crownpoodle Custom Hydro Nutrients or NPK Industries/RAW are both easy sources

https://customhydronutrients.com/

You can also get stuff like Epsom, Calnit, MKP, micros like Peters S.T.E.M etc from farm supply places locally or pay for a small pallet as truck freight, if we’re talking it being worth getting some 25-50# bags:

Here’s a cool video on YouTube going over a bunch of the stuff Lefty is teaching in his thread from a guy who does something similar:

Me? I just ordered 4# each of Jack’s 20-20-20 and 10-30-20 from Walmart.com and I’m gonna just cruise with that for a while before I start mixing my own, but it does seem like it’s worth doing if you’re more of a precise tinkerer than me when it comes to growing. I’m going to use these two through veg and most of flower and then just switch to SulPoMag/langbeinite and kelp for that K boost to finish

5 Likes

Thank you. I figured you had done your homework. I’m set now on nutes, but maybe I could be set better too.

1 Like

Custom hydro is definitely the spot to go for salts if you’re in the USA. Npk industries is pretty overpriced IMO. Plus the owner is very knowledgeable on nutrients too.

Daniel from science in hydroponics knows his shit. He’s the one who made the hydrobuddy program. I would definitely check out his blog on https://scienceinhydroponics.com/blog-archive and check out his youtube vids like @Dirt_Wizard posted above. They even flew him to the USA to be part of a few episodes of that cannabis class that’s available through utah state university.

Some people also use masterblend as a good base to start with.

6 Likes

Love jacks! I hit a real tight spot with money a while ago. It made me look at different fertilizer companies. My buddy’s would run Mills while I did jacks 321. My fertilizer cost for almost 2 years of non stop growing was cheaper than 1 cycle for them. They would never admit the quality was the same :joy:

9 Likes

Cool! It sounded like Custom Hydro was the place everyone prefers, and I didn’t know that guy in the video made Hydrobuddy! I will get to custom salts someday but for now I’m locked in on Jack’s with kelp and langbeinite replacing the Bloom Booster for the final phase of flowering, the simplicity of the whole thing is worth a little extra to me, I think. I feel too scattered in life to be mixing custom nutes right now but I would love to be there in the future.

$18/lb here: www.groworganic.com

IMG_4781

9 Likes

Yep, I’m one of those people who does custom salts. If anyone’s curious, you can check out my ongoing grow diary and see my target ppms. So far its doing great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.griffins.com/images/pdf/cea/qr/Jacks%20Nutrients%20labels.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjhj4zcjPOBAxVi2wIHHcOoBo4QFnoECA0QBg&usg=AOvVaw1O7awUSXjJ1ij8-ZR8vcEd

5 Likes

Cool, thanks! Added them to my calculator sheet :wink:

4 Likes

@Jetdro swears by this stuff in his Octo’s. I think he finishes with Jacks 5-12-26

5 Likes

I’ve had a really nice harvest or two since finding a $1 sealed 4oz tub of Bloom Booster while thrifting and then integrating fertigation with that into my normal organic recycled soil routine. I found that Osmocote Plus Indoor-Outdoor was pretty good but I needed to add it in earlier, so that its exhausted the N in the 15-9-12 by the end of flower. I am going to keep trying that for a time release option especially outdoors and for plants I give to people, but the results with Jacks are very easy to control.

The mixing is so simple and instant at room temp that I don’t mind making fresh jugs for each watering, versus some other stuff I tried like Megacrop that was shit to dissolve and smelled bad too. So far I’m super impressed with how refined and simple the Jack’s/Peters products are, they are neat and simple to use. I’m a cook by trade (one of them) and I’ve used a lot of dry mix cleaners and sanitizers etc, the ease of mixing and dissolving is of primary importance for me, IMO products that don’t dissolve well shouldn’t really be sold as soluble, if I have to shake hell out of it, that’s just a fine granular.

Started using the 20-20-20 to green up a bunch of neglected small plants that have been kicking around, lots of cloning experiments and some Big Don moms that I’m throwing into flower to fill out my tent. The results are basically overnight, the leaves that will come back are already filling back up and looking healthier. I even have a tray of rooted cuts from the Vortex coop I’m doing right now that have been in Root Riots for weeks now, I clipped leaves and hit them with some Jack’s AP and Maxicrop, they’re already perking back up nicely.

11 Likes

By the way, if anyone goes in on a 50# bag of the new zero nitrogen finisher and wants to trade me a pound to try, I’ll send seeds or we could talk about other options too.

Edit: got hooked up by an OG!

10 Likes

Does anybody have a proposed strategy for incorporating the 0-12-26?

I’m currently running 3-2-1 at about 2.3EC, I’m at day 38 of flower. Probably 30 more days left.

I was thinking 2 more weeks of a 50/50 mix of the Part A’s, then 100% of the zero nitrogen for the last 2 weeks. Or should I just move to the -0- now? Here’s where I stand on flower development, it’s an AG NL#2

5 Likes

Hey @Tripl3fastaction another user @LD50 is doing some great analyses of various fertilizers, I think integrating this one into the Jacks regimen is coming soon:

5 Likes