Jetdro's 1st run here at the new Overgrow

I am blending 2 1 part nutes to get what I want

TTF which is 1 part at 4 2.7 6.5 and Sea Grow which is 4/26/26…by differing amounts of each I can change NPor K to some extent. Wanted a 1/1.5/2 ratio for mid flower…the mix I made should be 1/1.8/2.6 so close enough.

Shall see how it works real soon.

4 Likes

Appears the pollination went well, no one seems adversely affected. Good deal, 24 days in:

10 Likes

Next run about set up, Octopot ladies have found the rez, time for some training now. Amnesia Haze cuts are everywhere, all the Mom’s doing fine.

NOTE TO SELF: Still need to pull a cut off Razor as a Mom before going to flower!!!

10 Likes

Looking forward to seeing those octopots blow up. So basically now that they’ve found the res you’re never top watering again and just topping up the bottom rezzes? Sounds too good to be true!

4 Likes

CORRECT. When they went in last week, REZ was filled 1/2 way, 3 days before planting them into it. Let’s the water n nutes “wick” up into the 6 gallon grow sleeve and set up 3-4 different “wetness zones” . 1/2 gallon went over their heads in each pot when they were planted. NO MORE water over top…only the ONE TIME> Forces them to follow the water down and find the rez.

Now that they found it, they will spend a week or so in what appears like “suspended animation” but they are actually exploring the pot and the REZ, setting up for what is to come. MY WINDOW to “work” them before the explosion happens. I have 7-10 days, then they will go ballistic. Today they will get stakes in their pots, and be tied over to them
CANNOT work them while they are hunting ther rez or they would freak out.

While I work them now, the stem at dirt level will 2x or 3 x in size, and all manner of secondary growth(EVEN IF I DO NOT train) will appear. Already see it on back right one…“RAZOR”, 50’s OG. She will kill it in this pot!

From now on, only the rez gets touched. No air stones, no draining, no nothing. Let them drink it, then re fill. Let them drink it, refill…THAT SIMPLE…WHY I CAN RUN THEM>…LMAo!!!

6 Likes

My hand pollination of the Papa’s Punch ended up really well. Got exactly what I wanted.

Will let them sit out in a cup a few weeks before a germ test, then into the fridge.

They take after Mom(Sugar Punch) with both a Narcotic high and TINY TINY SEEDS> Sp seeds are really tiny, these look exactly like them but with more blotches on 'em.

13 Likes

Papa’s Punch still drying…ready to try another sample!!! Another week, argh, lol.

9 Likes

Looking good! And dang look at those seeds!

Last forever and ever and ever and… Lol

3 Likes

Papa’s Punch looking delicious!

Probably already asked but what’s the smell on that?

2 Likes

Really cool… I’ll have to try them sometime, or at least a homemade approximation. It’s a really smart concept.

Have you used them with other nutes than the Texas tomato stuff? I wonder if you’d have res issues with different stuff, the no changing/washing res or using airstones part is crazy.

2 Likes

maybe not forever, IF i keep them all for sure…but some will make their way out. Gotta se how the bud is 1st. Pretty bud, 1st test said WHOA…but you know how that goes, lol. Been hanging a week, another week to hang then a few days in jars, I shall try her again.

3 Likes

Model Airplane glue and citrus…Glue hits 1st, then the citrus. Sample I smoked was only barely dried, taste could not be established. You can tell me later.
You good on smells n tastes Jake???

4 Likes

Meh… I just described my dark fem autos smell as “a freshly opened action figure with a scratch and sniff skunk sticker” lol

5 Likes

Design of the WHOLE SYSTEM that allows no air stones, no flushing. The food is not the reason for that.
I have never used anything else, BUT this run I will.

The TTF is killer, but it has too much N and too much N in ratio to P and K. It is really good for veg in the pots, but because of high N and low P it causes: Fox tailing, week stems, no fade, tips turned down.
Thought it was an octopot issue, but NOW realize it is not the pot, but the TTF causing the issues.
They are minor, 99% of pep’s who would run Octo/TTF would NOT have any problems with these faults. I am trying to TAKE IT TO NEXT LEVEL however, and get the last degree out of the plants.

Run with TTF the harvest will be beautiful, not a SINGLE bad leaf, and a nice yield. Set it and forget it. Now that I have 20 runs with them under my belt, I am “tweaking it” to see WHAT i can achieve.

I am having issues figuring out WHAT NPK ratio’s to run…MorE I READ ON IT…more conflicted I become. The NPK ratio’s are debated big time. 1 thing is clear, with my TTF ratio’s at 2/1/2…it is not the best for veg, No ONE would argue that you want 2 times the N than you have P in flower…no one!!! YET IT WORKS>

The octopot “hides” little issues that would cause big problems in a 3 or 5 gallon pot. Or a hydro system for that matter. The TTF is so damn complete and good, it also hides or mask’s problems VERY WELL. Because the plants get EVERYTHING THEY NEED , all the micro’s and macro’s, they can handle a NPK ratio or PPM’s out of whack, and NOT make the plant suffer much.

It is a confusion issue I think. Week 7/8 or 9, the plant wants to die…BUT she gets mixed signals from the TTF. She see’s the whopping N number, and “thinks” she can still grow, does NOT put all her energy into the “finish” .
Why my plants finish 100 green, no fade, any Sativa WILL foxtail, leaf tips down(very tip) even when praying.

I will, WHEN i figure out what ratio to run(1/2/2…1/2/1) change over to it on the 4 Octo’s going now. They will stay on the TVF(Texas Vegetable Food) through 2 weeks of the flip, then go to my new nutes.

The ones going now…in my small pots, are gonna get a change too. I hit them last(yesterday) with 1/1.8/2.5 but may change that up. Hate to mid run, but it needs to be correct.

Been trying to figure out WHERE I want the Ratio’s…either 1/2/2…or 1/2/1 …drving me nuts, have a headache trying to figure out which way to go. 1/2 the world says more P than K in flower…other have says More k than P…the way of the world…lol
I

4 Likes

So much for that idea.

:astonished:

5 Likes

Lol that’s plant smell… not taste lol as it does have a nice chemmy smell but also undertones of slight skunk and some sweet grapey smells…

Flower itself might be different :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Pulling a “Jake” and smoking Bud that was hang drying and not done yet…

8 Likes

Hahahah ain’t nothing wrong with that…

It’s for science…ya… For science

6 Likes

Sure…Science…

5 Likes

Ya I think I’m having similar issues with mega crop. Too much N late flower causing foxtailing and lack of fade. This round I tried to lower it back and add koolbloom (pretty much all P and K) to make the ratio better. I burned the hell out of em lol

For your system you might want to look at something like pureblend pro, mostly organic 1 part with great ratios and all the added goodies. It seems like it might be similar to what you’re using now but better ratio.

There’s 2 types of PBP the regular is roughly 1-1.5-2.5, the 'soil formula’s is 1-2-2.5. It’s something I’ve used before and liked, I’m considering it to fill out my last few weeks too.

3 Likes