Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

Grow is looking healthy and happy :blush: top of the morning to you all! (Including the Irish accent) :grin::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Its rough to say the least but best for my children so power through lol still getting accustomed to it but I’m hopeful I’ve had to adjust the grow a bit but I don’t think they even noticed thanks for asking flips are supposed to be here today and I will get them 60s in the mail for you well either way lol and yup I’m at the stove pancake time ttyl folks

5 Likes

Thank you for the nice words mr @Bow4Buck ! I try lol

edit… Also, lol nothing wrong with a bit of the ‘brogue’ :smile: :+1:

1 Like

Hopefully it gets easier as you get more used to it. You’re tougher than me cause I couldn’t do it!

Screw the flips though lets talk pancakes! :laughing: Between pancake talk and biscuits and gravy earlier I’m starving :laughing:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Stop! Y’all making me hungry…again!

2 Likes

Way back in the day… lol I’d pull an occasional 24, some 48s and even a couple 72 and now n then a 96. But, them days are LONG GONE! :rofl: Now I’m lucky to get in 4-6 hrs total a day…

2 Likes

When I was younger I could do a 24 to 48 (screw 72 and 96 though damn). I’m with you now though. 4-6 of productive time sounds about right for me as well. The rest of the day I’m just (mostly) conscious :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah them 72s and 96s were NOT ‘fun’… but DAMN the money made it worth it! lol Plus, I was a lot younger and could handle it…to a degree! lol

edit… Today, at my age, I wouldn’t try that… not even on a big money bet! :smile:

2 Likes

DAMN! The weather man just said heat index of 112 today!

2 Likes

And my experience certainly parallels that. I think on alot of the seller’s pages they list outdoors and indoor amounts, and most people (myself included) think that outside is per plant, and inside is per square meter. Logically makes sense, 3 autos do take up about a square meter, and the total amount is tripled, but they actually do mean per plant!

Makes sense though, cramming a full growing season into just 2-3 months. I’m always amazed when I look at my log and see “wait, you only sprouted them 43 days ago now? DANG!”

@JohnnyPotseed always on the lookout for new and better ideas, I’m giving your seed germination tray a try. Have a few purple malawi, blue cookies and strawberry gum beans that crack, after a soak, but don’t wanna put out tails in the wet paper towel method. Its interesting to note, your seeds are definitely lighter than mine, in your pics I can easily spot em, in my tray they look like a little clump of castings.

Thats reason #14 I like the indoor garden. Its downstairs, and noticeably cooler there than outside!

Impressive pics and update once again. Definitely one of the threads I enjoy checking up on! Thank you!

2 Likes

And thank YOU, for stopping by with the kind words!
The castings never let me down either, btw.

edit… @Nagel420 ,If it’s going to be your first attempt at using the castings method I use. Might I suggest going over to the thread I did on it for the exact process.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s one of the things that amazes me. These things do grow fast! But that’s the main objective.
Doesn’t leave much time to recover if done wrong!

1 Like

Already did that. Bookmarked it as well. And I literally did everything identical to you. My heat mat does have a temp control, so I’ve set that at 79 degrees for now.

Once I dumped the castings in the tray and wet them I wondered how you paved your castings down. Putty knife clumped it. So the little kid in my started playing with mud and it was flat before long. Out came the paper towels to blot it down and remove the standing water, and voila! Looks just like yours… My seeds are just darker.

Bonus is at a quick glance I will be able to see who has tails, no more of this open the tupperware, gingerly open each towel seperating strains…

I’ll post pics when my phone is charged and updates for sure!

2 Likes

Great! I look forward to seeing how it does for you cuz! A few others say they’re trying it, or tried it. No complaints from anyone yet. :smile: :sunglasses: :+1:

edit… As far as I’m concerned, it beats the hell outta the paper towels. Especially when there’s a big group of them going at once. lol Which is kinda the way I do things, if you haven’t noticed! :rofl:

Please don’t forget to tag me so I can see how it goes for ya!

2 Likes

Just came back in from the barn, doing a bit of work out there. On my way I snapped a couple pics of the outdoors grow as I went by lol

16 Likes

Curious: Is the fence with netting there as a windbreak or line-of-sight blocker? (or both!?)

It serves a dual purpose. The sun is to the south here all day (see the shadows) it helps the girls from getting burnt since it’s a commercial 50% shade canopy, and also blocks from view.

edit… But it can also serve as a wind block too lol so triple service

edit… lol it’s just past high noon here so not much shade atm

4 Likes

Most of the time they’re in partial shade and loving it

Thanks for the follow-up! I love when something does multiple tasks for the same install investment. :smiley:

3 Likes