Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

Where are you located, @Cratix ? I’m west of Tulsa about 15-20 minutes

2 Likes

Just gonna be nasty here. Henri has moved out, no real damage other than a few leaves blown down by me (not even branches, well, my cool mexican sunflowers in the garden took a beating, lots of broken stems, but the ladies outside fared well).

Why’s it gonna be nasty? Storm didn’t cool things down, if anything it brough warm moist air. Needed a knife just to cut my way to the mailbox this morning :frowning: Humidity is that thick…

Wish I had dry heat here…

3 Likes

That high humidity is one reason I moved…these old bones don’t care for it.
Oh, on another note. You mentioned running from several tornadoes. On the coast Myrtle Beach, I’ve seen tornado trains come in, also saw one come straight into the beach and split into 3, one went north to North Myrtle Beach, the other south towards, Murrel’s Inlet, and the 3rd came straight down the main highway into the beach!
I’ve lived in Texas several times, and been through a few there, also, Louisiana and Arkansas. I’ve had my fill of tornadoes! lol I def did as much research as I could to make sure I wasn’t in any ‘compromised’ area, since I don’t plan on ever moving again. This is where these old bones stay until I’m done growing marijuana! (read until I’m dead!)

4 Likes

Colorado closer to Nebraska out in the plains lol

3 Likes

Lol, I bet! Didn’t you say one time your wife almost got sucked up by one, and you saved her life? Craziness

1 Like

Thankfully tornados are a rare event here, and when we do get em, they lose strength fast plowing thru hills and mountains. We did have a few tornado warnings the other night at 3:30 am, but nothing developed. About 10 years ago we did have one touch down and leave a mile long path of destruction,straight thru a state forest thankfully. Was really neat seeing the path carved by the trees being down.

Sandy showed me our weak spot though, I am in the mountains, and the lake community I live in is at the top of the mountain / end of the valley. Winds just build up in that valley, and Sandy sent a freight train right up the valley, when it hit the end, it hung a left and went west, right thru my street. You could follow the trail of destruction for nearly 16 miles if you knew the lay of the land / as the crow flies. You would swear it was a tornado by how “tight” the badly destroyed areas were, literally like a freight train plowing things over, but they just said microbursts and strong winds…

3 Likes

yeah…the tornado jumped right over our schoolbus/motorhome just as she came in the door, it tried to suck her back out but I had hold of her with one hand, while holding onto the bar by driver seat with the other. Her legs were straight out the door up in the air! lol
All the 3 boys could do was stare wide eyed.

6 Likes

Sandy was a monster. I was actually living out of state at the time but came up the next week with a bunch of cases of water and food for some friends who weren’t as prepared as they could have been. They were without power for a month or two in the middle of the winter. The sand dunes were in the streets 7 feet high a block or two in from the beach, no idea what the beach looked like cause the National Guard was posted and blocking access to certain roads and the beach itself.

The water mark on houses as far as 6 blocks away from the beach was at at least 6’ in the town I was in (my hometown). Absolutely insane.

1 Like

Sandy was a bitch pure and simple! Myrtle beach took forever to recover.

1 Like

For the entire state! My street was forever changed. over 30 silver maples, all 70+ years old, made for the iconic “shade tree lined street” were blown over… Old guy across the street planted em when he was a child, was heartbreaking to see his reaction. Street is all full sun now. Totally changed it.

Family’s house in Lavalette had 7-8’ watermarks. Metal dumpster floated and landed right on our crab box, on the dock, well over 12’ above normal water level. Luckily the family learned over the years, and most things like hot water tank, cold water, breaker box, heater are all in the “moms attic” above the bathroom, and above water.

Couldn’t get out of my own street for 2.5 weeks, and couldn’t get to the house in lavalette for over a month (so many leaking gas lines, the whole area was locked down).

@JohnnyPotseed seems to have done his homework on where he’s moved to but… I just can’t move that far from a coastline :rofl:

3 Likes

lol I totally understand that attitude! I was an avid swimmer, surfer, snorkeler for like all my life! But after getting busted up and not being able to do any of those things anymore, I could do without that humidity. so it only made sense to move to the heartland. I’m only a couple hour drive from the geo-center…away from the shitstorm happening pretty much everywhere, now.

1 Like

There was a 2 block swath of summer rental bungalows in Mantaloking that blew up cause of the gas lines rupturing. It was big enough fire/explosion to cross 35 north and take out a second block. Brick PD had a military Deuce and it was burnt up in there.

2.5 weeks stuck on your street sucks!

2 Likes

Yeah, Sandy had the beach flooded for almost 3 weeks too. We were well stocked with a couple of good gennys so were ok, but i knew a lot of folks that were damn near ruined

2 Likes

You are my father!!!

I knew I recognize you from somewhere don’t you be talking about my beach. Jesus man we probably drank coffee together somewhere

1 Like

I apologize about is getting up into a little heated discussion it was more my fault I didn’t really look at your page too much but you start seeds the same way I do if I have a bunch of them the only thing is I just put a little dirt on top worm casting I’ll call it a mud bath that’s crazy how was Southern boys know how to grow weed. Such a such a small world it is so crazy

I always loved the beach there, at least until things started changing for the worse. because all the damnyankees coming in, buying themselves a seat on the City Council and trying to turn it into a little New York, that they left because they didn’t like it up there!

3 Likes

I seen where you were talking about the hurricanes one year. I don’t want to say how many I had out it was a bunch. I know about the gorilla growing. I did it myself for several years I’ll go out and dig holes. You know the rest when year we had some hurricanes killed everything , the only thing I had left we’re in buckets I had an alligator get after me because I was trying to save my plants

1 Like

My dad had a genny and had my grandmother come to his house so my immediate family was ok thankfully. My friends weren’t so fortunate. Luckily no property damage (they were just far enough away from the coast) but still no power in the middle of a cold winter sucks, specially if you’re not stocked up.

What really ticked me off is this local pizza place I went to all the time. Guy always seemed nice enough and I went in enough that we’d BS and stuff.He was one of the lucky ones to have power for the shop after the storm so he opened up for cash business - charging double or more what he normally charged for everything. Lost all respect for him after that. You don’t have to give the food away but you don’t kick people when they’re down like that. Takes a real piece of work to price gauge hungry people who don’t even have power.

4 Likes

I don’t go for that kind of stuff @Slick1 . You don’t kick somebody when they’re down

1 Like