Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 6)

I’ve been thinking of using 7s, with 5g of soil in them. Slightly shallower, slightly wider. Some time back I saw this used, can’t remember much else.

1 Like

Deeper is better than wide in my experience due to the taproot and growth pattern of the root system,

4 Likes

I always used the 5gal buckets too, but hear so much about these things I figured give em a try and see for myself. I’ll still gladly get some of the buckets from you, and if these don’t do like I want, for the price I can toss em and not be hurt! lol

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about those particular bags but I did buy some fiber ones in all sizes. They drained well but also retained little of the water and dried out way to fast. Watering every plant every day got to me and I gave them bags away…,.

3 Likes

We’ve always watered every plant, every day. So no biggie here

2 Likes

I water heavy and usually can go 3-5 days between watering again.

2 Likes

To each their own, right? We feed every other day, and it works well for us. For many years now daily watering, not heavy

In the 12" we give 1/2 gal, in the 5gal we give a full gallon

2 Likes

If it works who can argue?
I did it that way for years also……

3 Likes

A big tap root isn’t happening in most indoor growing. Only way to get a big tap root is a long veg time.

I just picked and trimmed one of the smaller side buds of Frankenstein for a test smoke in a couple days. Looks and smells awesome.

11 Likes

I smoked some yesterday @BigMike55, that’s some good tasty smoke with a real good high.

3 Likes

:thinking: I am more of a red ochre with some white, blue, purple and gray :joy:
Not so much pink

2 Likes

I like to veg my plants at least 3 months if not longer. lol

4 Likes

Yeah I have a little bit left of the indoors stuff I harvested a while back. This is actually a reveg of that very plant. And stuck in the ground outside. This will be my second harvest from the very same plant. I saved back a few buds of the first indoor harvest to compare to the outdoor harvest.

3 Likes

You and me both!
If I am going to go through the trouble I want yield out of what I am growing……

3 Likes

My Frankenstein was outside, I’m going to run it inside one of these grows.

2 Likes

With plant number limits, that’s the only way to go! Is for bigger yields, lol and you don’t get that vegging for only 6-8 weeks. Whatever you might get after that short of a time, you can figure double at least just by going a month longer. Not to mention the buddage you get will be more mature.

3 Likes

Catch you all later. Dr appointment yet again. lol

3 Likes

Good luck on hearing good things!

1 Like

This is true. However…
We also have legal AMOUNT limits too. 8 ounces in your home. I guess 16 if you are a two card home. And some edibles and concentrates.

2 Likes