Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 6)

Well, I’m not trying to make seeds with this plant!
I wanted sensemillia, lol.

2 Likes

None of the Bloody Monster showed any trace of Hermie traits. It had to be stressed from something. Not being there to see or know what the conditions were, I have no idea why it hermied, cuz… If you see pods from hermied, the beans will probably be hermies also. No one else has had one hermie, including myself on the few I grew, so I’d say it has to be something happened there.
Not sure that getting accidentally pollinated will cause it to throw nanners either. new one on me.

2 Likes

It’s past time for me to shut down for the evening. We’ll go into this more in the morning, brother…

Good Night OG!

3 Likes

Good night everyone. :slightly_smiling_face: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

1 Like

I had to come back on for a minute here. lol I got to say, Frankenstein was the mother plant and Dragon Blood Hash Plant was the pollen donor. Frankie has never had a thought of a hermie, as pure a girl as it gets, lol I doubt the DBHP was anything close to a hermie either. There had to be something to cause this, no idea what though. I’m open to suggestions from anyone?

edit… Did you see what @crownpoodle just said? The light on his power strip, of all things. But I reckon that’ll do it!

2 Likes

Yeah, I probably got rough with it. Hmm.
I think I gotta scrap the whole room…grrr.

Anyone got thoughts on the UVC?
This will of course be used alongside a deep-clean with bleach.

Thanks for the responses so far.
Good night Johnny!

2 Likes

I hear light stress can cause it or frequent light changes.I had 2 or 3 on a Pinapple upside down cake fem (Humboldt) plucked em, misted her a bit and the rest of my grow was fine no seeds at all on any of my other plants.

Wish I had exp. with the uvc :call_me_hand:t2: :thinking: hope it all goes well and things work out for you @blowdout2269

3 Likes

I actually have a piece of electrical tape over all small lights. Power strip, smoke detectors, cable box. I think it’s a paranoid overkill, but I’m weird, lol.
It’s dark as hell in that room with lights out.
I can’t see my hand in front of my face.

4 Likes

The stress factor for me was heat. That was some obvious stress I know occured. I think that caused it anyways. No other knowñ problems.

2 Likes

Good morning Johnny, good morning OG’s. I woke up to legalized recreational cannabis in Ohio.:heart:

7 Likes

Good morning everyone.

6 Likes

Light from a power strip shouldn’t cause hermies, I have never covered mine in my rooms and never had a problem in 4 years, Stress was definitely the factor but what that stress factor is can only be determined by you and you to find.
Was it rootbound? This is a factor that will be a cause……

5 Likes

Good Morning OG!

6 Likes

Good morning everyone!
That’s great news @Greenfingers i hope they make decent rules for homegrowers.

4 Likes

@blowdout2269 There are a lot of things that can cause a plant to hermie, brother. Like @Oldjoints said though, you’re the only one that can figure it out brother. I wish I could help you out, but not being on site with you, makes that an almost impossible task.
I will say this, Frankenstein is one of the most stress resistant plants you’ll wanna find, cuz. Hopefully you get it figured out.

2 Likes

Good Morning OG and a big congratulations to Ohio!

5 Likes

12 plants max per household

5 Likes

They legalized Ganja?
lol Congrats, I see now they DID!

4 Likes

Yes they did, now I don’t have to hide.:green_heart:

4 Likes

Careful @Greenfingers, still plenty of thieves in the world!

3 Likes