JohnnyPotseed's Test of BudBusterPro

Grow Johny! Grow! Grow!

Im certain you posess the skillset to notice a difference, good or bad, that the product brings!

3 Likes

lol i don’t doubt my growing abilities cuz… I did have doubts about this product and expressed them, with questions. So Bob generously offered to let me give it a try and see for myself. That was an ‘offer I couldn’t refuse’ lol even with as many things going on here that I have.
But keeping an open mind, and letting things progress as they will, we shall all see.

To be honest, I do have high hopes for this, it sounds like a game changer to me, if true…

7 Likes

Legs, and others that may be interested…

BudBusterPro (BBP) is specifically designed to stimulate veg growth and bud/flower formation.
It does have a nutrient value of 1-1-20 but in the minimal amounts used does not contribute substantially to your nutrient program. You may use whatever media nutes you are happy with.
You will notice I said that BBP is designed to stimulate…that is VERY DIFFERENT from a STIMULANT Using the word ‘stimulant’ legally implies that the products so stated contain PGR’s.
There are absolutely NO PGR’s in this formulation nor any OSHA restricted or HAZARDOUS materals whatsoever. I an delighted that @JohnnyPotseed will be providing lab results at the end of his grow and hopefully we can put this concern to rest !

18 Likes

Finally, I want to sincerely thank @JohnnyPotseed, @Yetigrows, and @Syn for ‘diving into the breech’.

I believe when these tests are completed, some may be further encouraged to leverage the full advantage of BBP (by increasing their nutes at key times to maximize veg growth AND Bud yields).

But hey, I’m fine with baby steps and again, appreciate the cooperation !

13 Likes

Thank you for stepping in here at this early ( very) stage to put a few words into the conversation, Bob. I think there’s a lot of folks just as curious as me to see how this performs. It’s important, I think, to have your input as it progresses, for the rest of the OG community to see. Thnx for trusting me to give it the fair justice it deserves cuz…

10 Likes

I’m thinking they are very confident in their product if they picked you folks to ‘field test’ it.
:+1:

There’s no doubt in my mind you will be totally fair…
and will 'calls 'em as you sees ‘em’

Yeah, they got some confidence…

Cheers
G

6 Likes

1 Like

2nd day into their permanent homes of 3gal pots, looking good at about day 11

14 Likes

I will be following along.

Really thankful you decided to do this test @JohnnyPotseed

Between you @Yetigrows and @Syn we here at OG will see and know what’s up with BBP.

I am skeptical, but hope your experience proves me wrong. I also hope the test comes back clean!

2 Likes

lol cuz I think a lot of us were skeptical and that’s exactly why I agreed to do this test. I KNOW I’m not going to ‘direct’ it in one way or the other. Either in favor OF nor against…

4 Likes

While I agree with some here, that say to be a more objective test, the use of clones from the same plant would be best.
i also think 2 seeds of the same batch, in all exactly the same conditions…ie; nutrients, soil, water, lighting, germed same time, etc the results, if very noticeable, would be empirical in itself…

7 Likes

Quite true. If you get half a pound from the one grown with BBP and 100g from the one without, that’s quite a difference to chalk up to genetics, on what I think are fairly stable strains.

2 Likes

I would agree with you on that. If nothing else you would learn what differences might be produced and that would be beneficial knowledge to add.

2 Likes

I’m starting the test this morning. I’ll only mx up half or less for the first spraying since the plants are so young and small. Even then, there’ll probably be some left over for a soil drench…
I’ll post pics when I get back in from the barn later today… gotta harvest going on here also lol

8 Likes

Ok first treatment is a done deed! Doesn’t look like much, does it? lol I went ahead and mixed 2ml into 8ounces of distilled water, after I sprayed the hell out of the 2 test plants, I used the rest as a soil drench on those and other plants, since I didn’t want to drown the poor things! lol
the two treated plants are in the forefront of pic

19 Likes

Update time
6 days since the treatment. The 2 in front are the ones I hit with the BBP. When I did the treatment, I chose the smaller of the 2 Blue Dream s to use. I felt that if it’s so good, then the smaller one I treated would outstrip the larger. It has almost caught up to the better BD, not passing it yet, but definitely catching up. The Bruce Banner #3 in front left, was slightly bigger than the 1 in back left, This one is showing slightly larger secondary growth coming in at nodes. I should be hitting them again in a day or two.

The really interesting stuff isn’t going to start happening for a few more weeks but this is the update today.

18 Likes

Test treatment #2 at the 7 day after first treat mark, or day25 of these girls short lives!

I saturated the heck out of them, then used the rest as a soil drench. per Bob/BBP instructions.

16 Likes

I use a 1ml diabetic syringe to measure the 2 ml, and a 1ounce shot glass for the distilled water. The spray bottle also has a measurement on the side.
I got everything new so no contamination of product.
The syringes I had bought a pack on Amazon for the STS experiment awhile back lol Had em so I use em.

8 Likes

Def pulling up a chair and watching this one, first time I get to see others grow some of the seeds out of my garden, those bb3 should be rockstars!

2 Likes

I’m counting on it cuz lol I’m definitely counting on just that!

1 Like